Boy Like Me.

Fifteen

"Hey Ryan!" Liam called out running over to the spiky haired teen. He looked really good today in a red polo with baggy khaki shorts. The shaggy haired teen smiled when Ryan turned to look at him. "Hi, are you working tonight?" Liam asked him. It was Friday afternoon and it just so happened they were having a movie night at his house.

"No, why?" Ryan asked as they stopped by the soda machines.

"Well we're having a movie night thing at my house." Liam explained playing with a piece of string hanging off of his blue t-shirt.

"And you're inviting me?" Ryan asked him with a bit of interest. The guy in the blue shirt nodded happily a smile coming across his soft lips. Titling his head around Ryan smiled and nodded his head. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." With that being said Liam beamed and patted Ryan on the shoulder.

"Great I'll give you a call later then." Liam told him and Ryan gave him a thumbs up.

-&-

"Ashley can't come she's grounded." Matt explained as he walked into the Daniel's household. Kendrix frowned at that, not that it was a big deal however it would be nice to have another girl.

Mr. and Mrs. Daniels were going to a party and then to watch a movie so they wouldn't be back until late. Liam was busy making lovey-dovey eyes at Ryan who was just chilling. Matt glared at Ryan, even though they decided on a truce Matt was still on edge. Giving Matt a nudge Kendrix mouthed for him to behave. He rolled his eyes and plopped down on the single couch diagonal from Liam and Ryan.

"Oh Matt come in the kitchen for a second." Kendrix smiled gesturing for him to follow.

"Why?" Matt asked and the other two guys looked over at her. She smiled at the two then glared at Matt gesturing with her head for him to get into the kitchen. With a heavy sigh Matt pushed himself from the couch and went into the kitchen.

As they entered the light green kitchen with the white granite tops he jumped up and sat on the counter. Kendrix tossed him a can of soda and let out a breath. Leaning on the island in the middle of the kitchen she gave him a sympathetic look.

"What?" he asked really confused by why she was looking at him that way.

"I think Liam's in love." Kendrix told him and Matt nodded slowly.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Matt explained softly and Kendrix pursed her lips together brushing her blonde locks with her fingers.

"I've noticed. Is that why you don't like Ryan, because Liam is falling in love with him?" Kendrix paused for a moment to take a sip of her soda. Matt didn't respond in any way he just stared down at his jeans. "Are you jealous or something?" Kendrix asked him.

"No it's not that," Matt spoke up and licked his lips running his fingers through his hair. "I'm afraid that Liam will get his heartbroken." He whispered to her and Kendrix shook her head making him raise an eyebrow.

"I think Ryan likes Liam." Kendrix smiled and Matt blinked a few times trying to connect the dots in his brain.

"You do? Why?" he asked her.

"Well before you got here," Kendrix paused and looked back over towards the archway to the living room. Once she was sure Liam and Ryan weren't coming she turned back to Matt. He gestured for her to continue. "They had this little moment at the doorway." Kendrix explained and Matt pursed his lips nodding his head slowly.

"A moment?" he repeated in question and Kendrix nodded her head.

"It was like they were going to kiss or something." She whispered to him and Matt's mouth dropped open. It was hard to believe it, Ryan this stoic; troubled guy from who knows where was possibly gay? What were the chances?

"Hey antisocial people the movie's starting!" Liam shouted from the living room. Kendrix and Matt both looked at each other then back over at the archway.

"Just a second!" Kendrix called back and watched Matt walking over to her. "Look just watch them, I swear Ryan is interested in my brother." Kendrix told Matt just before they started going back into the living room.

Much to their surprise Ryan was relaxed on the couch with a mere two inches between him and Liam. The two looked at each other once again and then went over to the love seat couch to sit down. For Liam and Ryan being on the family couch they sure were close. Tonight would prove to be very interesting, hands down.

-&-

After the movie everyone was sitting at the breakfast bar talking and munching on a bag of chips. Kendrix was sitting on the island with Matt leaning against it beside her. Liam was sitting on a bar stool and Ryan was to the left of him. It was silent at the moment none of them saying anything to each other.

The phone rang and Kendrix jumped off the island heading back into the living room. She saw it laying on the coffee table and picked it up. It was a telemarketer. She groaned and just hung up not even saying anything. Just before she started for the kitchen again she saw a wallet on the floor. Picking it up she flipped it open and saw a picture of a little girl and boy both laughing standing in a big yard. Kendrix smiled noticing it was Ryan's wallet.

"You dropped this," Kendrix said walking back into the light green kitchen. All three guys looked over to her and she smiled handing Ryan his wallet. He took it from her and thanked her quietly. "It might be a bit personal, but who's the girl in the picture?" Kendrix asked and Ryan looked down at his wallet flipping it open.

Matt and Liam leaned over a bit to see the picture. Ryan sighed and ruffled up his hair before laying the wallet down on the bar. Kendrix tilted her head waiting for him to say something, it seemed like her wanted to at least.

"She's my sister," Ryan responded after a few more moments. The three nodded as he took in a deep breath and looked at each of them. "Her name is Rahne. I haven't seen her in seven years." He explained a bit of sadness over taking him. Kendrix frowned and looked at Liam who was looking back at her. They knew the pain of losing someone you loved.

"Where is she?" Matt asked trying to keep the conversation going. Ryan shrugged his shoulders looking down at the picture. She was a beautiful little girl in the picture probably five years old. A crown of white flowers in her blonde hair and eyes glowing with happiness. "I'm sorry." Matt said softly and Ryan shook his head.

"I've asked Ben to look for her, but he says it's confidential even though we're related the family wanted to cut ties to her original family." Ryan explained looking at Matt then over to Liam.

"That's horrible." Liam said shaking his head and Ryan nodded in agreement.

"I think so too, but apparently Rahne was hurt in many ways." Ryan stated and Kendrix blinked trying to figure out what he meant.

"Wait, hurt?" Kendrix questioned and Ryan nodded. Liam was surprised that Ryan was telling them so much; a few days ago he hardly spoke to Liam's friends. Now though he was basically telling all of them his life story. He was wondering what changed. Did Ryan like knowing he had people that wanted to help him?

"When I was seven years old, me and my family were in a serious car crash. We were coming home from a dinner party," Ryan recalled. His face showing contempt and sadness all in one, the pictures were flashing in his head. The crushing of metal and breaking of glass, the flashing of lights, his sister's screams, and the pain. It was all flooding his thoughts again. "A drunk driver ran a red light and hit us, our car flipped two times. I woke up in the hospital ten days later to find my parents died, but I didn't know what happened to my sister." Ryan stopped and felt tears welling in his eyes, but he blinked them away. He wouldn't cry in front of these people, nor did he want to cry.

"That had to be hard." Liam said and Ryan nodded his head slowly. They all remained silent; a wave of intensity over came them. Ryan had a reason to not want to get close to people; he didn't want to have them ripped away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a lot happened in this chapter.

I would really love some feedback, I only received one commet on the last chapter.
But I did get two more suscribers, so that's good.

Anyways please tell me what you think.
If I get two comments today I will update tomorrow, if not I might not update for a few days.


-Mimi