Boy Like Me.

Sixteen

"Liam lunch is ready!" Mrs. Daniels shouted from the kitchen. Liam was lying on the couch looking at pictures from his laptop. Kendrix was hanging out with some of her friends and Matt had to clean his garage. "Honey?" his mother walked into the kitchen and Liam snapped out of his thoughts looking up at her.

"Yeah? What?" he asked her. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you okay?" she asked him and he nodded giving her a fake smile. "Alright then, well come on lunch is ready." Mrs. Daniels said patting his head and walked back to the kitchen. Liam let out a breath and closed his silver laptop. Putting it down on the coffee table he stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Hey mom," Liam said as he pulled out the bar stool and sat at the breakfast bar. His mother placed a sandwich in front of him. "Can I ask you something?" he asked her and she looked to him nodding her head.

"What is it?" she asked ask she started putting the lunchmeat and mayonnaise back into the fridge. Liam tried to figure the proper way to word his question. He wanted to ask her about Ryan's problem. More than anything he wanted to know if there was a way Ryan could meet his sister again. "Liam?" Mrs. Daniels raised an eyebrow at him and he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, okay my question is," he waved his hands around trying come out with the question. "Alright. If you lost contact with a family member a while back, wouldn't you want to get in contact with them again?" he asked her. She nodded her head and pulled a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Of course, especially if I was close to them. If I wasn't that close it may not be a big deal," she paused to take a sip of her water and Liam nodded eating his sandwich. "Why do you ask?" Mrs. Daniels questioned. Liam was hoping she wouldn't pry for the reason, but he should have known better his mother always wanted to know reasons.

"Just asking. How would you exactly get into touch with this person if you didn't know where they lived?" Liam asked and his mother furrowed her brows. He knew she probably thought these were weird random questions, which they kind of were. However they did serve a purpose to him.

"Well I would say ask other family members if they had any contact, maybe look them up on the Internet, or hire someone to find them." Mrs. Daniels shrugged listing a few ways she would search. It was odd that Liam was randomly asking these questions and he seemed so dazed when he wasn't talking to her.

Liam played with the sleeve of his gray flannel shirt and then stopped to eat a bit more. His mother sighed and shook her head walking around the breakfast bar. She kissed his temple and gave him a warm hug. He smiled weakly and then hugged her back.

"I love you," she told him and Liam nodded knowing that she did really love him. "I'm going to the grocery store, I'll be back later. Don't get into any trouble while I'm gone." She told him and Liam nodded giving her a thumbs up. Smiling to him she grabbed her keys and was out the door before he knew it.

He half-expected his mom to say more about his weird questions, but he wasn't going to complain. It would have been weird for him to explain the guy he likes is a troubled teenager looking for his sister. With a soft sigh Liam thought about Ryan and the tragedy that had happened to him. Liam thought he had it bad when they lost Joey, but it was nothing compared to Ryan's lost. He didn't just lose one person he lost an entire family. It all made sense why he was so bitter and distant. If only there was something Liam could do to help him.

-&-

"Let's eat I'm starved!" Kelly Ann shouted as she rushed out of the hair salon. She was bubbly character that was sort of a loud mouth and loved to gossip. If she found out about something juicy word would spread like a fire. Kendrix loved Kelly Ann though; they had been friends since they were in the fifth grade.

Kelly Ann was a black haired beauty with deep hazel eyes. She loved to be dressy too, no matter where she was going. Not to mention she always had to put on make-up. The moment she found out about make-up and started using it she'd never leave her room without it on. Makes her sound a bit princess-y, but that's exactly what she was a princess with no castle.

"Hold on a second Kelly Ann!" Kendrix called out as she ran out of the salon. The black haired girl turned around and placed her hands on her hips. She had on rustic colored sandals with a pretty yellow sundress, when the wind blew it made her seem like an angel. "Geez why are you in such a hurry, Boom-Boom?" Kendrix asked with a small chuckle as she brushed her newly cut hair with her fingers.

"I'm hungry I didn't eat breakfast," Kelly Ann responded with a smile. Kendrix nodded and they started walking down to the small diner down at the corner of the strip mall. "So any juicy details on your brother and that Ryan guy?" Kelly Ann asked. Kendrix looked at her and rolled her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Kendrix responded as they walked into the small diner heading to the register. Kelly Ann scoffed and nudged Kendrix looking up at the menu.

"What can I get you girls?" a guys voice came. Kendrix thought it sounded familiar and looked down seeing Ryan standing there in a collar shirt and beige pants. He looked at her too and then smiled. "Oh hey Kendrix." He gave her a small wave and she smiled waving back.

"Hi Ryan," Kendrix said casually and Kelly Ann cleared her throat. The two looked at her and she laughed nervously waving at Ryan and gestured for Kendrix to introduce them. "Right, Ryan this is Boom-Boom, also known as Kelly Ann." Kendrix said gesturing to the black haired girl beside her.

"Boom-Boom?" Ryan raised an eyebrow.

"I'm kind of crazy." She laughed shrugging her shoulders and Ryan nodded his head.

"Just get us two medium sodas and a large order of chili cheese fries please." Kendrix said to him and he nodded punching the order into the register. He printed out the receipt and then pushed the two cups over to them.

"5.94," he told them and Kendrix gave him six dollars. "Here you go, I'll bring it out in a minute." He said and walked away from the register. It was a slow day for them; there were only four other people inside and well the employees, which was another five.

"Such a waste, that body, those eyes, that face. I can see what your brother is sweet on him," Kelly Ann chuckled and the blonde across from her groaned shaking her head. "I'll get the sodas." She said taking the cups and going over to the fountain. Sighing Kendrix was starting to wonder if telling Kelly Ann about her brother's secret crush was a good idea. On Monday all of Spencer High would know about it.

"Stupid me." Kendrix cursed as she rubbed her temples. She heard a tray slid across the table and looked up to see Ryan giving her a confused look.

"Something wrong?" he asked her.

"Not yet." Kendrix laughed lightly and Ryan gave her a quizzical stare.

"What's that mean?" he asked her and Kendrix waved the matter off. Ryan was about to further his question when Kelly Ann came back to the table.

"Thanks these look great." She told him and Ryan nodded.

"Great. Enjoy your meal." Ryan said and walked away from the table to let the girls have their girl time.

"Are you sure he's gay?" Kelly Ann whispered and Kendrix shrugged her shoulders taking one of the cups from her. "What a waste of man!" Kelly Ann hissed looking at Ryan as he stood near the kitchen talking to one of the fellow employees.

"Boom-Boom don't tell anyone okay." Kendrix commanded firmly and the black haired girl looked at her with furrowed brows.

"But why not this is good stuff!" Kelly Ann exclaimed throwing her arms in the air. Kendrix shook her head and took a fry of the plate stuffing it into her mouth. "It's hard for me to keep good news like this in." Kelly Ann whined and Kendrix huffed.

"Promise me you won't say anything." Kendrix said holding up her pinkie.

"Okay," Kelly Ann sighed wrapping her pinkie around the blonde's. "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I recieved so many wonderful comments I have decided to post another chapter today.

Also special thanks to the people who commented today:
infamous!, blackisblack., KeeganKills, TimeStopsHere, BeautifulLovee, MuziKara, Band Craptice., and TheHeroinDiaries.

For another update tomorrow comment, comment, comment!


-Mimi

P.S. New summary!