Boy Like Me.

Seventeen

Ryan walked into the school only to receive a few stares from the groups by the front doors. He stared back at them curiously and then heard a few people whispering to his right. It was odd; most people didn't pay any attention to him. Shaking it off Ryan started walking for his locker to get his book.

As he was walking he notice a few more people staring. He stopped and looked over to them, but they quickly scurried away. Why was everyone just staring at him like he was an animal or something? Letting out a heavy breath he rounded the corner where he bumped into someone. He looked down and noticed it was Kendrix.

"Sorry Kendrix," Ryan said and she smiled weakly at him. "What's wrong?" he asked her and she sighed grabbing his wrist and pulled him over to the stairs. They stood under the stairs and she looked around hoping no one was around. Ryan was confused by her actions, but if she would tell him under the stairs then it was all good.

"I did a bad thing," Kendrix said and Ryan furrowed his brows. "Remember Boom-Boom?" she asked and he nodded his head slowly.

"Why? What's going on?" Ryan asked nervously.

"Well she likes gossip and I happened to tell her something that I wasn't even sure about," Kendrix paused and ran her fingers through her blonde hair. Ryan shook his head not understanding what she was trying to say. She sighed and adjusted her sweater sleeves. "I didn't plan on this getting out, honestly." Kendrix said placing her hand on her chest and Ryan raised an eyebrow at her.

"What did you do?" he asked her crossing his arms over his muscled chest, which was very toned through what she could see. His taut green t-shirt really defined him. Kendrix looked down at the ground and then back up at Ryan meeting his chocolaty brown eyes. "Kendrix." He said her name in an annoyed tone.

"I may have sparked the rumor that you're gay." Kendrix said quietly and Ryan's eyes widened.

"What!" he snapped at her and she stumbled back. Kendrix looked away from him and Ryan groaned running his fingers through his dark brown hair, which wasn't spiked for once. "Why? How? When? Kendrix!" Ryan clenched his fist and shook his head storming off. She sighed in relief glad he didn't hit her or something, it really look like he wanted to though.

"Shit." Kendrix cursed under her breath.

"Why did Ryan seem so pissed at you?" Ashley asked walking over to Kendrix who was kind of trembling.

"You'll find out soon enough." Kendrix said before darting up the stairs. Ashley blinked a few times and then turned around when she spotted Matt and Liam walking up. The two seemed pretty happy, which was a good sign. That must have meant the Friday night movie thing went well.

"Hey Ash," Liam greeted giving her a hug. She smiled and hugged him back and then looked over at Matt who just smiled at her. Ashley rolled her eyes, if Matt was trying to play hard to get he would fail. "How are you?" Liam asked and Ashley shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm alright. Hey what happened on Friday?" she asked looking at the two cute boys before her.

"Not much, just a movie. Why?" Matt asked her and Ashley furrowed her brows shaking her head.

"Well Kendrix and Ryan were just here and he was pretty pissed at her." Ashley explained and the two boys went into instant worried brother mode. Even though Matt was really her brother, he thought of her as a sister. Liam on the other hand was confused as to why those two wouldn't be getting along. He couldn't have that if he planned on getting closer to Ryan.

"Pissed at Kendrix? Did you hear why?" Liam asked, but Ashley shook her head in disappointment. The shaggy haired teen growled lowly and clenched his fist. He wanted to know what was going on.

"Hey Liam!" a voice came from down the hall. He turned and spotted the sandy blonde haired surfer looking guy. Charles waved to everyone else and then turned his attention back to Liam. "You and Ryan really, I think you owe me and Alex big time." Charles smiled brightly and Liam shook his head not understanding what he meant.

"Excuse me?" Liam questioned totally confused. The sandy blonde's smile slowly faded and he raised an eyebrow placing his hands on his hips.

"Isn't Ryan like hot for you or something?" Charles asked and Liam's face flushed. He shook his head quickly disagreeing with the surfer's statement. "Well that's what Boom-Boom said." Matt and Ashley looked at each other and then back to Liam who slapped a hand onto his face and shook his head. This was going to be a very horrible and disastrous day. Knowing this, he figured Ryan wouldn't want to talk to him.

"Where's Boom-Boom?" Liam hissed at Charles who pointed to the right. Quickly Liam walked off to go find the black haired girl who just loved to gossip. She loved to gossip and spread rumors even if they weren't true.

"Charles, don't say anything else about this alright." Matt said to his blonde friend who shrugged it off and jogged up the stairs.

"No wonder Ryan was pissed," Ashley said looking to Matt who looked a bit worried. "What's wrong?" she asked him and Matt sighed.

"If Ryan's not gay then Liam might get hurt." Matt said and Ashley frowned looked down at her red flats.

"Well let's hope he doesn't." Ashley said placing a hand on Matt's shoulder before walking off to her class.

-&-

The school day was over and officially the worst day of Liam's life. The day he came out to people was like a piece of cake compared to the stares and whispers he got from everyone. And by everyone that included teachers and staff it was just horrible, he just wanted to curl up in a ball and die.

Matt and Ashley tried to make it a bit better, but it was no use. Kelly Ann the gossip queen had apologized several times, but it was to late the damage had been down. Not that Liam really believed that she was truly sorry for making him and Ryan the laughing stock of the school.

Kendrix had been avoiding Liam all day, because she knew that he knew Kelly Ann found out through her. At lunch she never showed up and he never saw her at her locker. He wasn't going to yell at her, but he was going to give her a piece of his mind. Just when he thought he was making progress with Ryan it all falls through. He becomes distant again and Liam is back at square one.

"Do you want a ride home?" Matt asked shaking his truck keys in front of Liam. The shaggy haired teen in his black t-shirt and skinny jeans shook his head sitting down on a wooden bench. "Are you sure?" Matt questioned and Liam nodded to him staring at the ground. Sighing Matt patted Liam's shoulder and walked out towards the parking lot. He knew Liam would be okay, but he was still a tad worried about what he would do.

After Matt left him Liam let one tear trickle down his cheek. He was never going to find love; it was like everyone was against him. Wiping away the tear he took in a deep breath trying to calm himself. He didn't want to go home crying like a sissy. His father would tell him to "man up" and his mother would baby him about it. Then there was Kendrix who was probably in her room with the door locked, hoping he would leave her alone.

Licking his lips Liam stood up from the bench and looked around the empty courtyard. He pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. It was 4:10; school had let out almost an hour ago. Putting his phone away Liam drug his tattered up checkered Vans across the courtyard.

"You're day had to be pretty damn shitty." Someone said and Liam whipped around at the sound. He flipped his hair from his face and spotted Ryan standing about five feet away from him.

"Times two." Liam smiled weakly holding up two fingers. Ryan suppressed a laugh and adjusted his backpack strap. They stood apart still in silence as if they hadn't seen each other in years. It was like they didn't know what to say or do with each other.

"Well it couldn't have been worse than mine." Ryan told him, but Liam begged to differ. If he only knew the rumor was true and that Liam really did have a thing for him. It was painful knowing that Ryan thought it was a joke. Though deep inside Liam still believe Ryan was gay and just afraid to say so.

"I don't know about that," Liam said with a small laugh and Ryan raised an eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the bench. Fiddling with the black tie that was hanging loosely around his neck Liam walked over to the bench. Ryan looked at him and gestured for him to take a seat. "I hope this doesn't put us in a weird position." Liam said and Ryan shook his head.

"I don't think so," he paused for a moment and looked at Liam. Their eyes remaining locked for a few moments before Ryan cleared his throat and looked away. "At least I hope not." Ryan muttered and Liam bit his lip feeling a blush coming onto his face.

"Ryan," Liam paused for a second debating on whether he should ask him or not. "I, well, never mind." Ryan looked at him for a moment before standing up. He stood still and stared up at the puffy white clouds floating slowly and happily across the sky.

"No tell me," Ryan said turning around. Liam sighed and stood up on his feet. The two just stared at each other, but something was there. Liam knew something was there, but was it a green light to just go for it. He looked down and Ryan stepped forward. "Do it." He said softly and Liam looked at him with widened eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that would be a cliff hanger...

Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!
I'm so happy!

Please keep commenting and reading. Pretty please!
Unfortunately I'm not sure when the next update will be.

Probably in a few days, but we'll see comments may inspire another update.
=)


-Mimi