Boy Like Me.

Two

"Ryan, this has gotta stop," Benjamin Taylor, his social worker, explained as they sat in a Starbucks drinking coffee. Ryan didn't react to his words, nor did he look up from his coffee cup. Benjamin sighed shaking his head and started flipping through the reports about Ryan. "It's your fifth family Ryan." Benjamin told him.

"Look I'm eighteen now, why can't I just live on my own?" Ryan asked him finally getting annoyed with the lecture of how he needed to get his act together. The man across from him clicked his tongue and shook his head.

"You failed ninth grade, so that puts you a year behind. Until you finish high school you are not entitled to do such things." Benjamin explained and Ryan scoffed picking up his white cup taking a short sip on the hot liquid. He rolled up the sleeves to his black flannel shirt and leaned forward on the table.

"Ben, come on I can take care of myself!" Ryan grumbled in an angered tone, but Benjamin only shook his head giving him an apologetic look. The troubled teenager gripped the table tightly, but let go knowing that causing a scene would only get him into more trouble. "No one is gonna wanna foster an eighteen year old trouble maker, you know that and I know that. So cut the bullshit." Ryan growled and Benjamin sighed once more. This boy had always been a difficult case.

"Calm down and watch the language," Benjamin scolded and Ryan rolled his dark brown eyes leaning back in the maple colored wooden chair. "Look you have one more year of high school and you'll be as free as a bird, until then you'll be staying with me." Benjamin said plainly and Ryan's mouth fell open. He was about to protest, but Benjamin shook his head.

"But-" Ryan tried, but Benjamin stood up gathering up his things and stuffed them into his black leather briefcase. The spiky haired teenager groaned and covered his face with his hands. Benjamin was not exactly what he wanted. See the thing was Ryan had known that man for eleven years. That being known Benjamin would not take any of his shit and he would be screwed until he graduated.

"Come on we have to go enroll you." Benjamin said snapping his fingers heading out the glass door. Ryan blinked a few times; he did not just say that.

"Enroll me?" Ryan questioned as he followed behind Benjamin who was currently throwing his briefcase into the back of his black Buick. The social worker looked over at Ryan who was standing by the door of the Starbucks. "Like in a school?" he questioned further, but he knew the answer already.

"Yes and while we're ahead you'll be getting a job." Benjamin said simply like it was no big deal, which it probably wasn't. Ryan disagrees with that though it was a big deal to him. "Let's go." Benjamin got into the car and Ryan scowled walking over to the car and climbed in. Looks like he was stuck in this ordeal and might as well get used to the idea. But he wasn't going down without a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone.
I decided to put up another chapter today.

I only got one comment, which was a good comment.
But I would really like more.

So this chapter was an introduction to Ryan.
The next chapters will be the story blooming into hopefully something wonderful.
=)
Comment please.


-Mimi