Boy Like Me.

Twenty

It had been a long and hard stretch the past couple of weeks, but Liam had managed to help Ryan get his grades up. It wouldn't be long before Thanksgiving break, in fact this was their final week of school before the break. A whole week off without any school to worry about that would be a great change in pace. Just having fun, eating food, and sleeping in until noon!

Matt, Liam, and Kendrix were all walking down the hallway heading to the courtyard for lunch. As they were walking they spotted Ryan at his locker looking at something.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." Liam said to his sister and best friend. They both waved and started walking on down the hallway. It was still a secret that Liam and Ryan had kissed a couple of times, it wasn't like they were a thing. Liam just pretended it never happened, even though it was pretty much all he thought about.

Quietly sneaking over to Ryan, Liam peaked over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. His eyes softened up and he lips turned into a saddened frown. Ryan closed up his wallet that held the picture of his sister inside. How hard it must have been on him. Just sitting around knowing that your last family member was out there somewhere in the great huge world. Although to Ryan it probably wasn't all that great. Liam stepped away and Ryan turned around when he heard him clear his throat.

"Spying on me Liam?" Ryan asked with a small laugh and quiet chuckle. It was obvious he was pretty beat up over the fact of his estranged sister. The fact was written on his face and the sadness dulled his warm chocolate eyes. He reached for his backpack and slug into on his shoulder.

"No." Liam answered shaking his head as Ryan shut his gray-blue locker door.

"Checking me out then?" Ryan said with a cheeky grin and Liam rolled his dark eyes.

"You wish." Liam laughed nudging him playfully and Ryan let out a small laugh. The two started down the hallway towards the front doors leading out into the courtyard. He wanted to ask him more about his past and sister, but Liam didn't want to push it. Ryan seemed like a private person, which is probably why he always seemed so sad and lonely.

"Are you gonna come over and help me study for my science test?" Ryan asked after they arrived to the courtyard, most of the walk was in silence aside from the other students that were scattered about the school.

"Sure," Liam smiled at him and Ryan nodded happily. "This might be a bit personal, but do you plan on ever going in search of your sister?" he asked and Ryan stopped walking. Liam stopped a few steps ahead of him and turned around.

"If it was possible to find her I would." Ryan replied in a sad tone. Liam figured he shouldn't have asked, but he wanted to know. Ryan should want to do everything possible to find his sister. Eleven years they have been separated in a cruel manner where neither one can really know of each other. It wasn't fair to either of them.

"I'm sure you could if you really wanted to." Liam said looking down at his black Converse shoes. Ryan scoffed and shook his head.

"I wouldn't even know where to start, I know nothing other than her name." Ryan said and Liam shrugged his shoulders. They began walking again to the usual lunch spot. Already they could see it, with Matt, Ashley, and Kendrix all talking and laughing away with no care in the world.

"I'll help you." Liam said placing a hand on his chest. Ryan raised an eyebrow at him and shook his head.

"Why would you do that?" Ryan asked him.

"Because I lost someone before," Liam explained and Ryan looked away. "Now I may never see him again in this lifetime, but you can." With those words Ryan placed a gentle hand on Liam's shoulder and smiled warmly.

"It amazes me how far you'd be willing to go just for me," Ryan paused for a moment and Liam gave a half smile. "A bitter teenager that hates just about everything." The muscled teen laughed and Liam rolled his eyes.

"You look good in white." Liam said and Ryan looked down at himself.

"That was off subject." Ryan laughed lightly removing his hand from Liam's shoulder.

"White is the color of new beginnings." Liam told him and Ryan pulled his shirt out a bit looking at it. He chuckled softly and started walking for the table.

"Makes it harder to hate you," Ryan said looking at Liam. "When you say things like that and wanna help me." The shaggy haired teen wanted to hug him, but they were already at the table and he didn't want things to be awkward. However he already had the feeling Kendrix knew something about them. Especially by that look in her eye as she was staring at them.

-&-

"I'm home!" Liam shouted as he walked in through the front door. He tossed his backpack onto the ground and started for the kitchen. He had been at Ryan's the past two and a half hours. For about thirty minutes they made out, talked for an hour, and studied the rest of the time. It was a very draining evening and he was starving for dinner. "Where are mom and dad?" Liam asked when he got into the kitchen finding Kendrix digging through the fridge.

"Oh Auntie T is in town," Kendrix said not turning around to look at him. Liam raised an eyebrow. She wasn't supposed to be here until Saturday. "Apparently Saturday came early this week." The blonde girl said shutting the fridge holding a carton of orange juice.

"Must have been serious since it's only Tuesday." Liam commented shaking his head as he walked over to their small pantry to find something to snack on. He pushed things around on the shelf and found a bag of Doritos.

"Well she and Uncle Jason just don't get along. But you know where it's all making up?" Kendrix asked leaning against the breakfast bar. Liam sat down on the other side and opened up the bag of chips.

"No, but I'm sure you're going to tell me." Her brother said sarcastically and gave her a smile.

"You and Ryan," she said holding up her two index fingers and placed them side-by-side. Liam didn't really say anything, but he did seem to squirm under her gaze. She giggled lightly and grabbed a handful of chips stuffing them into her mouth. Liam watched her closely and Kendrix grabbed the carton of orange juice taking a sip. "Did you kiss him?" she asked.

"I knew you drank for the carton." Liam snorted shaking his head.

"You did!" Kendrix beamed and started laughing clapping her hands together happily. Liam tried to fight his blush, but it wasn't going away. His blonde sister before him walked around the breakfast bar and opened up her arms. "I'm so happy for you!" she squealed wrapping her arms around him, but Liam only let his head hand between his shoulders as she hugged him from the side. Kendrix patted his back and pulled away a beaming smile on her face.

"It's not a big deal," Liam mumbled and Kendrix rolled her eyes not believing him. His excitement was in his twitching lips and sparkling eyes. "Anyways, do you think Uncle Jason is gonna come down here?" Liam asked and Kendrix furrowed her brows.

"Seeing as Aunt Tamara is pissed at him," Kendrix thought about it for a moment and shook her head. "I doubt it."

"Damn, not what I wanted to hear." Liam grumbled under his breath.

"Well they are in debate of a divorce, if you recall." Kendrix told him and Liam nodded knowingly grabbing a few more chips.

"I need his help though." Liam said and Kendrix took another sip from the orange juice carton. "Kenny get a glass." Her brother scolded taking the carton from her and pointed to the cabinet.

"Geez mom!" Kendrix said bitterly going to get a glass and Liam rolled his eyes. "Why do you need uncle Jason?" Kendrix asked him.

"Not important," Liam said walking out of the kitchen leaving Kendrix confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo people!

Thanks for all the comments and subscribing.
I love seeing all those numbers change!

Please keep them coming.
=)

This was kinda a dull chapter, I'm sorry.
I'll make the next one better, I promise!


-Mimi