Boy Like Me.

Twenty-Two

"He has a what?" Mrs. Daniels jaw dropped and she stopped mixing the cookie batter. Tamara smiled and nodded her head a little twinkle in her eyes. Mrs. Daniels couldn't believe that her son had a boyfriend and hadn't told her. It was shocking the mother not knowing. Tamara was still explaining how she found out, but Mrs. Daniel walked to the entryway of the kitchen and looked up at the loft. "Liam Alexander Daniels you get down here right now!" Mrs. Daniels shouted loudly and Tamara looked at her with wide eyes.

"What's are you doing?" Tamara asked in shock and Mrs. Daniel sighed placing her hands on her hips watching the stairs. Liam quickly trotted down and looked at his mother in confusion.

"What did I do?" Liam questioned stopping at the foot of the stairs. His mother gestured for him to come into the kitchen. He hesitated for a moment, she wasn't angry exactly, but she wasn't happy either. "I think I'll pass on that." Liam said backing up the stairs, but his mother turned to him and glared.

"Now!" she snapped and he looked down to the floor and followed her into the kitchen. Tamara was sitting at the breakfast bar when they both entered. He looked at her for help, but she just shrugged at him. Liam inwardly groaned this wasn't going to be pretty at all. Mrs. Daniels sighed softly and looked at her only son. "Aunt Tamara tells me you told her you have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?" she hissed the last question and Liam looked taken aback.

"I didn't say that!" Liam quickly defended shaking his head in protest. He looked to his aunt whose mouth opened up. Mrs. Daniels rose and eyebrow and looked to Tamara.

"What then how did all this come about?" Tamara asked not understanding what Liam meant.

"You said I had a boyfriend, I just didn't disagree with you." Liam explained and his mother looked at Tamara.

"Wait, no! You nodded your head," Tamara paused and looked to her sister and then back at Liam. "I asked and you nodded your head you did agree." The black haired woman explained putting the pieces all together. Mrs. Daniels was not understanding if he did have a boyfriend or not. His face was turning red and he looked a bit flustered at the moment.

"Okay hold on a second," Mrs. Daniel said making a T shape with her hands. Both Tamara and Liam looked at her. "So do you or do you not have a boyfriend?" she asked him.

"I don't." Liam responded.

"Then how come you said you did earlier?" Tamara asked him and he sighed softly.

"I needed a way for you to get Uncle Jason down here." Liam shrugged his shoulders and Tamara scowled. Mrs. Daniels smiled at her son and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He looked at his mother who seemed relieved.

"I want you to tell me when you get a boyfriend, alright?" she asked him. "I want to be the first one to know." Liam laughed lightly and nodded his head. He wasn't sure that would happen, but he knew it did mean a lot to his mom for her to be the first to know. She hated being last to know about anything.

"Trust me mom, I will definitely tell you." Liam smiled and his mother smiled back at him pulling him into a tight hug. Go figure she would get all emotional since her son was growing up. He laughed and patted her back and she gave him another tight squeeze almost choking him, but it was out of love.

-&-

Ryan sat in his room. The radio was on a low volume and his lights were off. In fact his room was very dark aside from the little bit of sunlight coming in from behind the blinds. It was nice that break was finally here, but for some reason it made him a bit sad. He wasn't sure why, but Liam was in his head. All the time.

"Hey you hungry?" Benjamin asked knocking on his bedroom door. Ryan sat up in his bed and walked to the door. When he pulled it open he found Benjamin standing there. For once he wasn't dressed up in a business suit, he was in pajama pants and a blue t-shirt. Ryan blinked a few times and looked him over. "What?" Benjamin asked looking down at his own attire.

"This is the first time I've seen you in something other than that suit." Ryan explained and Benjamin laughed lightly.

"Oh well, I'm off all week so I figured I get comfortable," Benjamin said to him and Ryan nodded a small smile on his face, but even Benjamin could see he was thinking about something. They've known each other for eleven years and Benjamin was not blind on Ryan's emotions. "What's wrong?" Benjamin asked him and Ryan shook his head letting out a breath.

"It's nothing," Ryan paused and Benjamin raised an eyebrow at the teenager who was only half an inch taller than him. "Really, just had a long day." The teen said holding up his hands as if Benjamin was going to shoot him down.

"Okay, I'll pretend your telling the truth." Benjamin said to him and Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I am telling the truth!" Ryan defended himself, but Benjamin could see it was all a façade. Even Ryan knew it was a lie, he was thinking about Liam and his plan. Did he still want to hurt him that badly after everything he had done for him?

Liam helped him pull up his grades, introduced him to friends, made him laugh, and built him up. After so long of being tossed around as if he had no worth Ryan felt so weak. He was always lost and confused not knowing who to let in and trust. Although it didn't seem like it the only person Ryan really did trust up until now was Benjamin. However Liam was doing something to him that he didn't quite understand. Moving from family to family and losing friends, basically having nothing was just a huge knock down. Though after three months Liam had worked his magic and built him up again.

"Okay, okay. Say you wouldn't mind if we had company for Thanksgiving dinner would you?" Benjamin asked and Ryan gave him an interested look.

"Depends." Ryan responded poking a bit of fun at him.

"On what?" Benjamin shot back.

"Who it is?" Ryan asked him.

"Just a pretty lady." Benjamin smiled and Ryan laughed shaking his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Thank you all so, so much for the wonderful comments.
I was so excited to see that many.

Anyways, five comments for another update.
=)

Thanks for reading, I hope you're enjoying it!


-Mimi