Boy Like Me.

Twenty-Five

"You want me to find that guy's little sister?" Uncle Jason questioned as he sat down on the porch dressed in pajama pants and a long dark blue robe. The snow had fallen all nightlong leave the neighborhood caked in ice and slush. It was a winter wonderland with icicles hanging from the roof and trees. Liam hugged his body trying to stay warm.

"You're a D.A. I know you can do it," Liam paused and sat down beside his uncle who started sipping on his steaming coffee. The older man smacked his lips together and wrapped his hands around the red mug. "I was hoping you find her before Christmas." Liam explained and his uncle raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why is it so important?" Uncle Jason asked lifting the mug back to his lips.

"He hasn't seen her in eleven years." Liam said softly and his uncle looked at him with surprised eyes. Sighing the man contemplated on whether he should track the young girl down. He turned to Liam who had a hopeful look written across his face.

"I'm gonna need facts," Uncle Jason said looking out at the snow covered world. Liam smiled and nodded his head. "Name, age, hair color, eye color, height, a little bit about her history. I'll start once I got all that." He explained and Liam nodded once again giving him a thumbs up.

"Hey! You guys are going to get sick," Tamara called out from the front door wrapped in a pink parka with her feet covered in matching fluffy slippers. "Get inside! Breakfast is ready." She said gesturing for them to come in as she shivered walking back inside.

-&-

Later that afternoon Liam walked into the small study where his uncle was munching on a plate of cookies and reading something on the computer. Tossing a notebook down on the table Uncle Jason looked at him. He pushed the notebook towards him and Uncle Jason lifted it to read the words scribbled across the page.

"Wow," Uncle Jason said while reading the profile on the paper. He put it back down on the desk and looked at Liam. The teenager was dressed in black jeans and a long sleeve red shirt with a black beanie on his head. It was odd to his uncle that Liam cared so much, when he was just a teenager that barely knew Ryan Forster. "Liam can I ask you something?" he uncle questioned leaning back in his seat.

"Sure." Liam responded with a nod.

"Uh, why exactly do you care so much about this guy?" His uncle knew he was gay and all, but he had barely met this guy. Liam furrowed his brows and looked down at the hardwood floor. He scuffed his shoe into the ground and put his hands into his pockets.

"I don't know," Liam responded and his uncle narrowed his eyes at his nephew. "He's a good guy with a rough past, ya know? I mean he's like me." His uncle leaned forward onto the desk separating them and smiled weakly nodding his head.

"How so?" Uncle Jason questioned resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

"He lost everything, but he has a chance to get it back. Even though he seemed like a happy guy there's all these mixed feelings inside." Liam explained to his uncle who chuckled softly and nodded his head.

"You're a good guy Liam," his uncle said and Liam smiled. "I'll see what I can do." He spoke lifting up the notebook. Thanking his uncle Liam waved and left the room. As he was walking out he bumped into his father.

They both looked at each other for a few moments. His father smiled warmly and tilted his head. Liam blinked a few times, but his father gestured to the study where Uncle Jason was typing away at the computer.

"What were you guys talking about?" his father asked him and Liam sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ryan's sister." Liam answered lightly.

"He has a sister?" his father seemed a bit confused and Liam nodded his head. "Why didn't she come over yesterday?" he asked and Liam pursed his lips.

"He hasn't seen her in eleven years." Liam told him and his father's mouth opened slowly. His father was now getting the idea as to why his son had become so infatuated with Ryan.

"What happened?" his father asked him.

"They got separated after a severe car crash." Liam told him looking down at the ground and his father let out a heavy breath. Running his fingers through his hair his father nodded his head.

"So that's why you wanna help him?" his father concluded.

"Yeah," Liam paused and cleared his throat. "The thing is he still has a chance to be with someone he loves, I don't want him to have to deal with the pain like I, we do." His father smiled at his son and patted his shoulder.

"Good for you." His dad smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday.

Anyways, this chapter was dull, I'm sorry.
But I had to get in the whole searching part.

Thank you for the comments, keep them coming.
I go back to school tomorrow so updates will probably be once or twice a week until Christmas Break.


-Mimi