Boy Like Me.

Twenty-Six

"Put these out on the table for me," Mrs. Daniels said giving Liam two trays filled with finger foods. He took them from her and carefully walked into the living room. Kendrix was busy decorating the room will garland, flowers, and candles. "Liam check and see if there are sodas in the fridge outside please!" Mrs. Daniels called from the kitchen.

Liam put the trays of food down by the huge bay windows where the tables were set-up. His parents were throwing a Christmas Party, well an early party. It was December 12th and currently noon. The phone started ringing and Liam ran over to pick it up. "Hello?" he questioned as he walked towards the garage to check for the sodas.

"I found her." Uncle Jason's voice came from the other end. Liam stopped when he got to the door leading to the garage. He wasn't sure if he had heard that right.

"Are you serious?" he breathed.

"Very serious," his uncle spoke. Liam could here a bit of commotion going on in the background. "I'm going to e-mail you the information. Liam before you tell Ryan, be sure to read the e-mail." His uncle insisted and Liam furrowed his brows.

"Why do you sound so melancholy all of the sudden?" Liam questioned as he continued to the garage to find some sodas. He opened up the white fridge and found two boxes of sodas.

"You said she was in a car wreck," his uncle said softly and Liam nodded closing the fridge. The phone was pressed between his shoulder and ear as he picked up the two boxes of sodas. Walking for the door he kicked it open with his foot and strolled down the hall to the living room. "Well, there's a reason why they never let her and her brother meet. It's explained in the e-mail, just read it before you tell him. And think really hard on it Liam." With those words his uncle hung up the phone. Liam dropped the two boxes of soda on the counter in the kitchen and pulled the phone from his ear.

"Who was that?" Kendrix asked walking into the kitchen munching on a cookie.

"Uncle Jason." Liam said walking out of the kitchen where their mother was decorating a gingerbread house. He signaled for Kendrix to follow him and she did.

"What's wrong?" she asked once they were in the living room. He sighed softly and put the phone down. Brushing his hair from his eyes he looked to his sister. "Is this about Ryan's sister?" she questioned further and Liam nodded.

"Apparently something's wrong." Liam explained as he walked over to the coffee table picking up his laptop. He placed it down on the white couch and logged into his account.

"Like what?" Kendrix asked as he opened up his e-mail inbox. She looked and saw he had one unread message. Clicking on the link it opened up and Liam began to read it aloud.

To: Liam
From: Uncle Jason
Subject: Private
Date: December 12, 2009


Liam,

I have been researching Rahne Foster, for you and ended up finding a lot of things. You should really consider the information you are going to read. Decide if you really think Ryan should know this stuff.

I found out that Rahne is now sixteen years old and living with Craig and Allison Harvey in Caldwell, Idaho. Which yes isn't far from us, but before you start jumping t conclusion read a bit more.

After the car crash, her parents were both instantly killed. She and her brother were taken into critical care and separated there. Ryan was the lucky one, because Rahne has had a very tragic ordeal. She was five years old when she was separated from her family.

The impact from the car crash caused her to lose all memory of them. When she woke up she didn't know who she was or what had happened to her. Social Services thus decided to keep the two away from each other, so she could start her new life. However memory loss was not the only thing Rahne has suffered.

Along with the crash she received a horrible blow to her right leg, she walks with a permanent limp now. Craig and Allison have also raised her to where she believes she had no other family, as cruel as it may seem Rahne doesn't know she has a brother.

Liam, before you tell Ryan think about Rahne first and her new family. You may want to stay out of this. I know you wanted to surprise Ryan and all, but for the sake of the Harvey family don't. That's my two cents into this, but I can't stop you. Just be careful with this kind of situation it may be very overwhelming on everyone.
Uncle Jason


After Liam finished reading he just stared blankly at the screen. Kendrix was leaning against the back of the couch. She had her hands in her pockets and eyes studying the wooden floors. Letting out a heavy breath Liam turned to her and she to him.

"What do you think?" he asked her and she opened her mouth to speak when the doorbell sounded off. Liam closed his laptop and walked over to the door. When he opened it he found Ashley and Matt standing outside on the snow covered porch.

"It's really cold out there," Matt said as he walked in his cheeks red from the weather outside. Ashley nodded in agreement as she pulled off her black coat. The heat felt so lovely as compared to the bitterness outside. "You look a little gloomy, what's wrong?" Matt asked looking at Liam.

"Oh nothing," Liam lied; he just didn't want Matt and Ashley prying for answers. "Just thinking." He smiled as Ashley gave him a warm hug.

"Well don't think to hard, it's a Christmas party and we have to decorate!" Ashley smiled holding up a brown paper bag. She pulled out three branches of mistletoe tied in red ribbons.

"Oh lovely." Kendrix rolled her eyes as Ashley held a branch over Kendrix and Matt. They all started laughing as she put the branches back into the bag.

"Hello kids," Mrs. Daniels said wearing a pink apron around her waist. "Come on I need some taste testers." She smiled gesturing for them to come into the kitchen. Matt clapped his hands together and bounced into the kitchen with Ashley in tow. Kendrix smiled and then looked back to Liam who was running his hand over the smooth surface of the laptop.

"Don't worry about it tonight," Kendrix smiled. "Just have fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the wait, got busy there for a bit.

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter.
Now Rahne's past has been revealed.

Comment and tell me what you think, please!


-Mimi