Boy Like Me.

Three

Kendrix's sat on the floor of the living room flipping through a photo album. She laughed at a few of them from her tenth birthday party. Liam and Joey had just smashed some cake into her face. Back then she hated them for that and wanted to kill them, but now she realized how wonderful it was. Flipping to the next page it was Liam and Kendrix jumping on a trampoline and Joey squirting them with a water hose. She laughed lightly once again. Those were the good old days.

"Yeah the scene with Jabba The Hutt," Matt said as he and Liam both entered the house talking about Return of the Jedi. Kendrix didn't want to know what strange things Matt was talking about so she left it alone. "Princess Leia was hot and Ashley said she was gonna wear the gold bikini thing for Halloween." Matt sounded pretty excited about that he was literally shaking with excitement. Liam laughed at his friend and then noticed Kendrix's.

"Hey Kenny," Liam smiled at his sister. "Matt here was being perverted I'm sorry you had to hear it." Her brother said looking over to Matt who shrugged his shoulders and jumped over the back of the couch to sit down. Kendrix looked to Matt who was just being really hyper.

"That's okay Matt's family." Kendrix's smiled.

"Really? You think I'm family?" Matt questioned with a sparkle in his eye and Kendrix giggled lightly nodding her head.

"I would think you were my brother's boyfriend if you weren't straight." Kendrix explained and Matt let his head hang.

"That's the only reason I'm family!" Matt exclaimed in a overdramatic way. Well he was in theater so it was to be expected. Liam shook his head in embarrassment as his friend started rambling about all the reasons he should be family. As he was doing that Liam took notice to the photo album on the coffee table. He recognized it as the one from her tenth birthday. A bit of sadness came over him, but he wouldn't let it show. He was done being sad about the past. "And those are the many reasons why I should be considered family." Matt said jabbing his thumb into his chest.

"Are you staying for dinner Matthew?" Jenna Daniels, the siblings beautiful mother called out from the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am!" Matt responded. He looked back to Kendrix's who was getting up from the ground dusting off her cute floral gown. "Where are you going?" Matt asked as she stood up and grabbed the photo album.

"I gotta a report to write." Kendrix said and left the two. Matt looked over to Liam who looked a bit worried.

"You know she is always looking through that photo album. What's the deal?" Matt asked and Liam sighed sitting down beside Matt. He waited for Liam to explain, but it was like he didn't really want to.

"That album was from her tenth birthday, it was the last birthday Joey was at." Liam explained and Matt nodded slowly. He had heard of Joey once or twice, but he never really pressed it. Matt knew that he was their older brother and he died in a serious car crash when he was sixteen.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know." Matt didn't want to bring up bad memories or put Liam in a depression. However Liam was never like that he was always so cheerful, even though he's had a rough past.

"It's okay," Liam waved the matter off and gave Matt a gentle smile. "Let's play some video games before mom has us doing stuff." There he went again being all cheerful and happy as if hearing about his dead brother didn't faze him at all.

"Uh sure." Matt said a bit confused. Liam tossed a wireless controller to him and turned on the console. The music played through the television speakers and Matt just let go of the fact that Liam quickly recovered from such a sad matter.

-&-

"Kendrix?" Liam knocked on her lavender colored door and pushed it open. She was lying on her bed flipping through a magazine. Looking up at him as he walked into the room she gave him a warm smile. "Are you okay?" Liam asked and she gave him a quizzical stare.

"What do you mean?" she asked as he sat down on the edge of her bed. Kendrix was already in her PJ's and had her pretty blonde hair braided. "Why wouldn't I be?" she inquired. Liam shrugged his shoulders looking around her room and spotted the blue photo album on her nightstand.

"Why do you keep this in here?" Liam asked as he reached for the album and Kendrix frowned slightly.

"No reason," she shrugged and Liam eyed her with a look of disbelief. Kendrix sighed she had no clue why she kept it in her room. She didn't even know why she looked through it every single day. It only made her memories from the past seem like a distant dream. Liam waited for her to give him and real answer. "I miss him Liam. Keeping it makes it seem as though he's just a bit closer. Even though the more I look through it the more it seems like it never happened." Kendrix stopped and closed her magazine tossing it into the pile beside her bed.

"It did happen though," Liam spoke softly and Kendrix looked up to him as he flipped through the pages. "It was a freak accident and I wished it didn't happen. Anyways it's late and we got school tomorrow. Lights out." Liam told her as he shut the photo album and put it back on her nightstand. Standing up onto his feet he straightened out his baggy pants. Turning around he kissed his sister's head and walked out of her room.

"Goodnight Liam." Kendrix whispered as he shut the door. He may have been able to hide his emotions from everyone else, but it was obvious to her. The tone of his voice and the look on his face. She knew he was hiding something. It was just a façade, he felt just as much pain as her family if not more. Liam and Joey were not only brothers, but also best friends.

After his death Liam sulked in his room for two weeks, he barely ate and he barely spoke. Now though he acted as if it never happened, but he never truly got over it. Kendrix sighed and turned off her lamplight falling back onto her bed staring up at the ceiling. Liam had a tough life, coming out to everyone, loosing his best friend, high school, taking care of her. He was a wonderful brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you!
I have 46 reads, 4 subscribers, and 5 comments!
Yay I'm so excited about that.

I can't thank you guys enough for the comments!

I'm trying to fix all the spelling, word, and grammar messes.
So bear with me on that.

More subscribers and comments would be great!
=)


Love,
Mimi