Boy Like Me.

Thirty-Three

Rahne Harvey stared into her round vanity mirror in her bedroom brushing her short blonde hair. She put down her silver brush and picked up the matching silver comb running the thin teeth through her silky hair. Rahne smiled at her reflection.

Soft pink lips, fair skin, sparkling deep green eyes, and short hair that fell just to her shoulders. It was almost Christmas; it was two days until Christmas actually. Soon she would be opening gifts from her friends and family having a wonderful time.

Standing up from the small chair she decided against any make-up and walked over to her bedroom window to open it. The snow was melting slightly from the warming mid morning sun and the colors of the flowers and grass were breaking out. That wasn't the only thing that caught her eye though.

"Mom!" Rahne shouted back over her shoulder. There was someone getting out of a cab in front of their house, someone she didn't know. Maybe it was a family friend or member, but they looked young. "Mom, someone's outside." Rahne called as she walked out of her room heading down towards the stairwell.

"Who?" her mother called out from the back of the house where the kitchen was located. The smell of gingerbread instantly filled Rahne's nose and made her mouth water.

"I'm not sure." Rahne said as she trotted down the last remaining steps going towards the kitchen. Her mother was wearing a pink apron that was covered in batter, flour, and icing. She was making a gingerbread house for the old woman that lived next door. It looked so good and it smelled even better. Gumdrops on the roof, a marshmallow tree, a pretzel fence, white sprinkles for snow, it looked awesome.

The doorbell rang. Both Rahne and her mother, Allison Harvey, looked up at each other. Allison had sandy blonde hair and shiny blue eyes with a petite frame standing only at 5'3", but she looked beautiful in her black turtleneck and jeans.

"Should I get that?" Rahne asked gesturing towards the front door. She rolled the sleeves of her beige shirt down. Her mother shrugged and nodded for her to go ahead and do that.

"Let me finish this and I will join you." Allison said gesturing to the roof of the gingerbread house, which she was trying to get on. Rahne nodded and took in a deep breath heading for the front door.

Unlocking the door Rahne pulled it open with a small smile on her face. The person at the door turned around and looked at the blonde with such surprise. "Hello," Rahne greeted and the shaggy haired teen on the small porch smiled warmly waving back at her. "May I help you?" she asked him meeting the gaze of his honey brown eyes.

"I would hope so," he said and Rahne nodded stiffly. "My name is Liam Daniels." He introduced holding out his hand for her to shake. At first she hesitated and then smiled warmly taking his hand. They shook for a moment and Liam looked so confused and worried like he didn't know why he'd even come.

"Who's our guest?" Allison asked drying her hands on a green dishtowel. She walked over and smiled upon seeing Liam and looked to Rahne. "A friend from school?" she asked, but Rahne shook her head looking at her mother. Liam smiled and held out his hand to Allison.

"Liam Daniels." He said and Allison smiled taking his hand.

"Good to meet you." Allison said to him and Liam nodded, secretly in his head he was cursing at himself. They seemed to be doing fine, but he wanted to help his friend. Besides Rahne had a right to know and it seemed like his uncle was right, Harvey's hadn't explained the accident to her. "Why don't you come in out of the cold." Allison gestured standing aside to let him in.

"Thank you," he said entering the house seeing the huge Christmas tree in the corner beside the fireplace. The couches facing the wide screen TV in the other corner of the room the beautiful blue-gray drapes framing the huge windows out looking on their front yard. "You have a lovely home." Liam smiled looking back at the two women.

"Thank you Mr. Daniels." Allison said with a nod. Rahne just started to walk away when he noticed that she was limping a bit. Now he was sure that he truly was in the right place. That had to be Ryan's sister and she even looked like the exact copy of the photo.

"I bet this is a bit weird." Liam said gesturing to himself being in their home.

"A tad, what brings you to the Harvey household?" she asked him and Liam sucked in a deep breath he didn't want to say anything that they wouldn't want Rahne to know. He sighed softly and reached into his back pocket pulling out a folded picture. It was from the Christmas party his parents held earlier this year.

"That's me and my friends at my parents Christmas party," Liam explained holding it out to Allison who seemed confused, but looked down at it anyways. There where five teenagers all sitting on a couch laughing and smiling. "The boy on the far right is my friend, Ryan Forster." Liam said his name easily and Allison froze taking hold of the picture. She shook her head and placed a hand over her mouth as she looked at the image.

"I'm home!" a deep voice came from the front door. The man looked around and spotted Liam and Allison. He raised an eyebrow and put down the two bags in his arms walking over. "Who's this?" he asked placing an arm around Allison's shoulder. He noticed her trembling and frowned looking down at her.

"Liam Daniels, sir," Liam introduced holding out his hand. The man took it for a moment, but let go when he noticed the picture in his wife's hand. "I'm really sorry to intrude and just bring this upon you, but I was hoping to talk about this." Liam explained gesturing to the image.

"Why?" Allison asked letting her hands fall to her sides. Liam looked down at the ground not sure what to say or more how to say it.

"I know you would probably never want her to know." Liam explained. Rahne walked back into the room looking confused. Her mother seemed flustered while her father seemed tense. She'd never seen them like that before it was odd.

"Is everything alright?" Rahne asked limping over to her parents. Liam looked at her and took in a deep breath. Was he going to be the one to ruin her life and tell her the truth?

"Get out." Craig ordered and Liam looked up at him.

"Please, he's looking for her." Liam told him and Rahne raised an eyebrow.

"Get the hell out of our house." Craig said calmly, but a rage was building up inside of him. Allison just stared at Liam in confusion why was he doing this? What did it truly mean to him.

"Everyone deserves to know the truth." Liam spoke still unmoving as the family stared down at him.

"If you don't leave now I will call the cops." Craig growled and Liam shook his head.

"I've come this far," Liam paused and looked at Allison who seemed to be struggling with what to say. "Ryan wants to meet his sister." He looked at Rahne who stepped back highly confused.

"Rahne good upstairs." Allison said looking to her daughter who was wide-eyed. She shook her head and looked at Liam with interest.

"Who's Ryan?" she asked and Liam smiled weakly.

"He's no one! Now you are trespassing and I want you out of here." Craig snapped and Liam backed up hoping the tall man wouldn't explode. His hazel eyes filled with anger and his slightly wrinkled face all puffy and red. Liam new he had no right to do this to them, but Ryan had suffered long enough.

"He's you're brother." Liam answered and Rahne gasped shaking her head.

"I don't have a brother." Rahne told him, but Liam shook his head in disagreement. Craig had heard enough and put a strong hand on Liam's shoulder pulling him out of the house and pushed him onto the street. Liam stumbled onto the ground and turned around. Rahne and Allison stood behind Craig eyes wide.

"Don't come back." Craig shouted and slammed the door shut. Liam sighed softly and let his head hang between his shoulders. He stood up and dusted the snow from his jeans and looked back at the house. Had this been a mistake?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and thank you for reading!
Please keep them coming for more updates!


-Mimi