Boy Like Me.

Thirty-Four

The doorbell rang. Liam glanced over at it and then back at his family. They were all sitting around on the floor having just finished opening all there Christmas gifts. He got up and jogged over when the bell sounded off once again.

"Who would be ringing the our bell at 10:30 on Christmas morning?" Mr. Daniels wondered watching Liam unlock the door. He pulled it open and stepped back seeing a blonde girl in a gray trench coat with a red scarf tied around her neck.

"Rahne?" Liam blinked a few times as the girl gave him a soft smile and waved. "What are you doing here?" he asked and she brushed some of her hair back behind her ear. She looked down at the porch floor and then lifted her eyes to meet Liam's.

"I came to apologize for the way my father and mother treated you," Rahne explained licking her lips. Liam leaned against the door and stared at her in disbelief. She put her hands behind her back and rocked on the balls of her feet. "And I also wanted to ask if you knew where I could find my brother." Liam's eyes widened.

"Liam don't be rude," Mrs. Daniels scolded her son as she walked over. "Please come in and out of the cold." She said with a gracious smile waving for Rahne to enter. Liam watched Rahne enter the foyer and shut the door.

"Thank you, I'm sorry to barge in on your Christmas morning." Rahne said looking at Mrs. Daniels and then over two Kendrix and Mr. Daniels sitting by the tree. Red, gold, and green wrapping paper lay scattered on the floor.

"Hello I'm Kendrix's, Liam's sister," Kendrix smiled holding out her hand. Rahne smiled pulling off her leather red glove. They shook hands for a moment and let go. "So you're Ryan's sister." Kendrix said in disbelief that they were actually standing three steps away from each other.

"Ryan has a sister?" Mr. Daniels questioned standing up to his feet. He introduced himself and shook the young girls hand. "How did you get here?" he asked.

"Bus." Rahne responded in a little chirpy like voice.

"Oh goodness," Mrs. Daniels sighed shaking her head. "Do your parents know?" she asked and Rahne nodded her head.

"I said I was going to find my brother and just left." Rahne explained.

"They didn't stop you?" Liam asked her and Rahne shook her head. They all stood in silence for a moment. Why hadn't they stopped her? They hadn't seemed like they wanted her to know, but now it was okay. It was probably because he'd already spilt the beans about it. "I don't know where you're brother is Rahne." Liam explained and Rahne frowned.

"But you said-"

"I know him and he wanted to meet you, but after I told him I knew where you were and didn't tell him, he ran away." Liam explained to her and Rahne let her head drop. He felt guilty for all of this and now even more guilt was dropped onto his shoulders.

"I see. You don't know where he could be?" Rahne asked softly and Liam sighed.

"Maybe," Liam muttered. "I'll be back." With that Liam turned on his heels and quickly darted up the stairs to his room. The four remaining downstairs watched him and then turned back to each other.

"You never knew about Ryan?" Mrs. Daniels asked suddenly and Rahne shook her head a look of disappointment on her face. "But Liam came to your house and told you?" she asked and Rahne nodded her head.

"I knew Liam loved Ryan." Kendrix muttered to herself and Rahne looked at her with furrowed brows. "Well you're going to find out anyways, they're kind of like gay." Kendrix said and Rahne's mouth dropped. That was something she would have never guessed.

"Really?" she asked in disbelief and Kendrix nodded. "Interesting." She chuckled softly and Kendrix smiled clapping her hands together.

"We'll be great friends." Kendrix beamed and Rahne nodded her head. Liam bounded down the stairs and slipped on his coat.

"Can I take the truck?" Liam asked his father as he walked back over to the group. His father looked at him for a moment. It was for a good cause, so his father sighed agreeing to it. "Thank you." Liam said going over to the key holder on the wall. Taking the keys he smiled looking to Rahne.

"We're going to go find him?" she asked.

"We're going to try." He smiled and Rahne nodded her head. Opening up the front door he gestured for her to go outside. He looked back at his family and waved to them. "I'll be back by dinner." He promised before walking outside. He shut the door and took in a deep breath. Hopefully they could convince Ryan to come back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!

Only a few chapters left.
Please comment.

-Mimi