Boy Like Me.

Four

"Rise and shine Ryan, school starts at 8:30 and it is currently 7:50." Benjamin spoke as he came into Ryan's room. He groaned when Benjamin turned on the lights, he didn't want to go to school. In fact he would rather work for eight hours a day rather than go to school. Benjamin walked out of the room leaving Ryan to himself. He pulled the blue-gray sheets over his head and tried to go back to sleep.

He'd already missed the first month of school because of the fostering issue. Ryan had pretty much been home schooled at the fostering house. It wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't great either. Going to a public school with lots of other people wouldn't be that bad. While contemplating all of this he heard Benjamin walking back into his room.

"Hey we can do this the easy way or the hard way," he paused and Ryan grumbled something under his breath. "Have it your way." Once again the man left the room and Ryan curled up a bit more.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Ryan screamed jumping up at the feeling of the cold icy water bleeding through his sheets and onto his bare skin. Benjamin smiled happily and walked out of the room telling Ryan to get dressed. He shivered at the coldness, but swung his legs off the bed and stumbled over to his closet to grab some clothes.

"I suggest next time you get up when I say and I would wear a t-shirt, might not be as cold." Benjamin smirked as he walked passed his door once more. Ryan mumbled something under his breath while pulling a pair of jeans off a white hanger.

"Screw all this." Ryan said as he walked across the small hallway into the bathroom. The peach colored walls making him feel like he was in a girls restroom. He turned on the water faucet and reached for his toothbrush. Why did he have to go to school, yesterday was tiring. He had to be enrolled in the school, find a job, pack all his things, and then set up his new room. Of course he didn't have much stuff three boxes of clothes, two boxes of his junk, and that's really it.

Spitting the paste out of his mouth Ryan cupped his hand under the water and splashed the warm water onto his face. Grabbing a face towel folded on the sink edge he patted his face dry. Slipping on his baggy jeans he buttoned them and put on a studded belt. He pulled his shirt over his head; it was taut against his body showing his muscles.

"Come on breakfast is ready!" Benjamin called from the kitchen. Ryan sighed and drug his feet on the ground heading for the kitchen. The place was small, but cozy. It was neat and clean with a nice smell. Benjamin was a well-organized person, the opposite of Ryan who just threw his stuff around.

"So are you like driving me or do I have to catch a bus?" Ryan asked as Benjamin placed a plate down in front of him. It contained bacon, eggs, and a biscuit. He started to eat and Benjamin put a glass of orange juice down for him.

"I'm taking you," Benjamin said sipping on his coffee and took a seat at the small wooden table. "Just because I wanna make sure you get there." Ryan rolled his eyes and Benjamin smiled at him. They remained in silence for the remainder of the time.

When 8:15 rolled around they left for Spencer High School. They traveled in silence aside from the low sound of the radio going. The school was not far from their neighborhood in fact it was only a ten-minute drive.

"I can't believe you're making me do this." Ryan whined as Benjamin pulled into the school parking lot. He put the car in park and turned to the annoyed teenager. His hair was spiked, clothes wrinkle free, and a faint cologne smell came off of him.

"Yes getting an education is so terrible," Benjamin commented sarcastically and Ryan rolled his eyes unbuckling his seatbelt. "I'll pick you up right here at 3:30." The social worker said. Ryan looked at the man in his business suit. He adjusted his tie and Ryan groaned getting out of the car. He slammed the door shut and looked up at the school before him. He heard the car drive away and sighed looks like the start of a lousy school year.

Ryan started for the double doors and walked into the crowded hallways. Hundreds of teenagers scurrying around laughing, gossiping, arguing, it was a huge commotion. One reason Ryan hated school was all the idiotic teenagers walking around griping about how much their lives sucked and what not. These people didn't know the first thing about a sucky life.

While wallowing in his self-pity and wandering around trying to find a peaceful spot he bumped into someone. He looked up from the ground looking at a pretty blonde girl wearing a plaid shirt and dark jeans.

"I'm sorry." She said smiling warmly. Ryan waved the matter off and she tilted her head. She was young and very pretty with warm honey brown eyes.

"Kendrix!" a male voice called from behind Ryan. He turned around seeing a guy with dark brown shaggy hair walking up. "Who's this?" The girl named Kendrix called him Liam and said she didn't know who he was.

"I'm Ryan Forster, I just transferred." He explained simply and started to walk off. When he noticed the guy running to catch up with him.

"I'm Liam Daniels," he smiled holding out his hand. Ryan blinked a few times as if he didn't know what to do. Liam's smile faltered when Ryan stopped walking and turned to him. "Something wrong?" Liam asked in a semi cheerful voice.

"Can I help you with something?" Ryan asked dryly.

"You sound mad." Liam explained and Ryan quirked an eyebrow.

"You gay?" the tall dark haired boy asked staring him down. Liam chuckled softly shoving his hands into his jacket pockets.

"Would you judge me if I said yes?" Liam asked and Ryan didn't say anything he just stared at him. The shaggy haired guy didn't know what to do, so he just looked down at his tattered Converse. Licking his lips and clicking his tongue Liam smiled weakly when he looked back at Ryan. "I am." Liam said simply with a shrug.

"I thought so," Ryan paused for a second and adjusted the strap of his backpack on his shoulder. "If you don't mind I have to find my class. Goodbye." With those words Ryan quickly left. Liam stood there a bit flustered and shook his head something didn't seem right. Ryan seemed troubled and uneasy the moment he found out he was gay.

"Dude you're late for calculus!" Matt said right as the bell rang and rushed over to him jerking him into the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!

Many thanks for the comments, I only got two, but that's better than none.
I would really love more. I got many more subscribers though, which is awesome!

65 reads. 11 subscribers. 7 comments.

So what do you guys think of Ryan now? What do you thinks gonna happen?
Please keep reading and commenting!
=)


-Mimi