Boy Like Me.

Five

"Hey have you heard or seen that new guy?" Liam asked as he sat down at the usual spot for lunch. At the picnic table under the huge white oak tree the sun barely breaking through the dark green leaves.

"You mean the one from this morning?" Kendrix asked after taking a bite of her red apple. She was sitting on the tabletop and Liam was sitting on the bench part beside her. He nodded his head in response. "What about him?" she questioned.

"He seemed troubled." Liam shrugged.

"Well he's new right?" Ashley, Matt's crush asked while unscrewing her water bottle cap. She was a lovely girl with dark red hair and bright green eyes. Ashley was just an average girl that loved wearing dresses; she was currently in a blue one with boots. Liam nodded in response. "He's probably stressing then." Ashley shrugged sipping on her water.

"Is my best friend interested?" Matt smirked winking at Liam who blushed and turned away mumbling something under his breath. "What was that?" Matt asked him with a cute smile.

"Stop teasing him," Kendrix said pushing Matt playfully. "He's cute I won't lie, but he just seems so distant." The blonde girl shrugged her shoulders and took another bite of her apple.

"What's his name?" Ashley questioned.

"Ryan something." Liam told her.

"Oh! Dark hair, tall, muscular, and kinda mean looking?" Ashley asked gesturing with her hands and Liam nodded his head. "Yeah he's in my class. He didn't say much about himself other than he was eighteen and lives with some guy named Benjamin." Ashley shrugged her shoulders not thinking much on it. Liam looked away from her and across the small courtyard.

"Hey is that him?" Matt asked pointing to a guy sitting on the ground reading a book. Liam looked at the guy sitting on the ground dressed in a dark green t-shirt and baggy blue jeans.

"Yeah that's him." Kendrix nodded looking over at him.

"Keep staring guys he might look over." Ashley spoke up and they all turned to her laughing slightly.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Liam said standing up from the table turning to his friends.

"So we are interested?" Matt laughed.

"He looks like he's lonely. Besides he could use a friend," Liam paused looking over at Ryan who seemed fine, but Liam was intrigued by his attitude. "I'll see if I can get him to come over." He explained walking across the courtyard his sister and two friends watching him go.

He stopped in front of Ryan who continued to read. Liam took in a deep breath gaining his courage. At that point Ryan closed his book and looked up at him. Groaning Ryan stood up onto his feet and looked at the shaggy haired guy.

"What now?" Ryan asked coolly and Liam looked a bit shocked. Furrowing his brows Liam sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Look I'm just trying to be friendly," Liam explained simply shrugging his shoulders. "I just came over to ask if you'd like to sit with me and my friends." Gesturing over to the three at the table across the way. Ryan looked at them and then glanced back at Liam. He shook his head and picked his backpack from off the ground.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Ryan told him and walked around him. Liam felt a bit hurt, why did he keep brushing him off so rudely? Well maybe it wasn't, but it was most definitely sarcastic, which was no better!

"What an odd guy." Liam muttered walking back over to his friends after Ryan rounded a corner going who knows where.

"That didn't seem like it went well." Ashley said as Liam plopped back down on the table a bit sad.

"Not really." Liam responded shaking his head. He huffed and blew the few fringes out of his eyes.

"It can't be helped," Kendrix shrugged. "I'm sure he'll come around when he's ready to." She assured her older brother who nodded cheering up a bit. It wasn't usual for Liam to get sad over something like this, but also not many people refused to talk to him either.

"Yeah maybe." Liam said looking back at the spot where Ryan was previously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update.

77 reads. 18 subscribers. 10 comments.
Yay!

Hopefully those numbers improve over the next few days.
I won't be updating until Saturday, unfortunately.

So I hope you guys are still enjoying this!
Ryan will eventually changes his ways...maybe...haha.
Tell me what you think.

Once again I'm working on grammar and spelling and all that jazz.
Bear with me.
=)


-Mimi