Boy Like Me.

Six

"Everyone this is Ryan Forster," Ms. Santos spoke up standing in the middle of the stage. All of her twenty-three students looked over, a few of the girls whispered and giggled to each other, while the guys just shrugged the matter off. Not all of them though. Matt tilted his head recognizing this Ryan guy from lunch, the one Liam was so interested in. "Make him feel welcomed. Ryan you can work with Mr. Lake since his partner is out sick today." Ms. Santos smiled kindly brushing her gray-silver hair behind her ear.

"Uh okay." Ryan said with a small shrug and walked over to Matt who was just staring at Ms. Santos who mouthed be nice to him. He nodded slowly and looked to Ryan who dropped his bag on the ground and looked at him.

"Hey I'm Matt!" the chestnut haired boy said with a wide grin. Ryan smiled weakly not seeming very interested. Matt cleared his throat and picked up a few paint buckets. "Okay well, I'm painting some of the props so come on." Ryan followed behind him just dragging his feet along. Matt seethed quietly Ryan seemed like such a dud, what did Liam see in him?

"Aren't you friend's with that gay kid?" Ryan asked while Matt was popping the paint cans open with a screwdriver. The chestnut haired teen blinked a few times and nodded slowly. "You his boyfriend?" Ryan questioned further and Matt furrowed his brows, what was with all the questions?

"No, I'm just his friend." Matt responded a bit uneasy. Ryan was a big guy and seemed a tad on the mean side, but Matt wouldn't judge. If Ms. Santos found him being mean or refusing to work with him she'd make them both come after school to help set up the stage.

"So you're not gay?" Ryan questioned in disbelief and Matt straightened up crossing his arms over his chest. This guy was starting to push his buttons and it wasn't going to be pretty. Matt may have been less built than him and about two inches shorter, but what was Ryan looking for?

"Are you trying to say something?" Matt growled and Ryan snickered turning his nose up. "Cause if you are just say it." He hissed in an annoyed manner. Ryan looked to the guy before him and waved the matter off. Eyeing him for a few more moments Matt sighed and grabbed two paintbrushes.

"What's this for?" Ryan asked as Matt handed him the brush.

"For painting." Matt answered with a hint of agitation in his voice. Was Ryan just being stupid to annoy him or was he really that dumb?

"Why do I have to paint?" Ryan asked and Matt groaned letting his head fall.

"Okay I'm gonna make this real simple for you," Matt muttered putting his brush down. He looked to the dark haired guy and let out a breath. Normally it took a bit more to annoy him, but he hated stupidity and lazy people. "This is a tech theater class. In this class we work with everything behind the scenes from lighting to costumes. You joined this class therefore you are a part of it so start painting. Get it?" Matt grumbled the last part and Ryan scoffed.

"Whatever." Ryan stated walking off. Matt ruffled up his hair and just told himself to relax. He was the new guy and was probably having a rough first day. After a few moments for calming himself Matt looked for Ryan. He was sitting on the edge of the stage minding his own business. Deciding to just leave him alone Matt painted alone.

-&-

"Hey Matt," Kendrix waved as the guy lumbered over to them adjusting the sleeves of his flannel shirt. Liam was standing beside Ashley talking about some random guy that was playing soccer with a few other people. "What's up with you?" Kendrix was quick to pick up on people's emotions.

"Remember that guy from lunch?" Matt asked looking to the cute blonde beside him. She nodded her head and Matt looked over at Liam and Ashley who both burst out into laughter. "Okay well he's in my eighth period class." Matt explained and Kendrix gasped.

"Liam is gonna be so jealous," She giggled and Matt faked a smile, which Kendrix caught onto. "What?" she questioned with a bit of concern her honey brown eyes meeting his blue-green ones.

"Well he's just," Matt paused gesturing with his hands as if he was looking for the proper word to say. "He's just, uh well, a dick." Matt said plainly and Kendrix chuckled softly.

"Maybe he's having a hard day. I mean he just got here and maybe he misses his friends." Kendrix defended him. Matt nodded, but in his head he didn't really believe that. Liam was too good for him; Matt didn't want to see his best friend get hurt. While thinking that Ashley and Liam both walked over.

"I gotta catch the bus," Ashley smiled looking to Kendrix and Matt. "I'll see you guys tomorrow though." She blew kisses and waved pulling her purse onto her shoulder and trotted off. Matt gave a soft sigh and the two siblings looked at him.

"Why won't you ask her out?" Liam questioned.

"Cause I'm not stupid." Matt responded. Kendrix raised and eyebrow looking to her brother who looked back at her and shrugged.

"What does that mean?" Kendrix asked.

"If I wanted to get my heart broken I'd go to her." Matt shrugged and the two siblings both scoffed walking away. The chestnut haired guy frowned, but then jogged after them.

Ryan walked from around the pillar watching the three heading off to the school parking lot. He glared them down until they were out of his sight. Matt knew nothing about him and he was saying he was a dick, the jerk! Running his fingers through his hair Ryan turned around heading to the main entrance to find Benjamin.

School was hard. All the people and rumors that would be floating around. Ryan didn't think he was that bad of a guy, he just had a rough life. He didn't understand why people couldn't just accept that. Groaning he just pushed all his thoughts aside and hoped Benjamin would be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!
Thank you all so much for reading.

Unfortunately I didn't get many comments, only one.

102 reads. 26 subscribers. 11 comments.

I'm glad the subscribers are going up, but I would like at least 2 or 3 comments on each chapter just to know that you guys really do like it and are reading it.

Anyways in this chapter you see the drama unfolding.
I'm going to be redoing the summary page soon, so check that out.
=)

Comment please and thank you!

-Mimi