Boy Like Me.

Seven

"Kenny!" Liam called out from the living room. It was her turn to set the table, but she still hadn't come down from her room. He huffed and jogged on up the stairs. Hooking a right he went to her door and tapped on her door. "Kenny it's your turn to set the table." She still didn't answer him. Figuring she was either asleep or listening to music he pushed her door open.

Kendrix was sitting at her desk hunched over her pink dairy scribbling away. Liam walked in her room quietly hoping she wouldn't turn around. He noticed the white earphones in her ears and the music bleeding out of them. Getting on his toes he peaked over her shoulder trying to see what she was writing.

Liam furrowed his brows when he read 'Matt and Ryan have a class together, but apparently Matt doesn't want Liam to be friends with him'. This caused the boy to go back flat on his feet. He wondered why Matt didn't want him to be friends with Ryan. Even more so why he didn't explain what class they had together. Liam stood still pondering on that for a while when Kendrix closed her dairy and turned around.

"Liam!" she exclaimed loudly jumping back and placed a hand on her chest. Liam jumped to at her sudden outcry. He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. Kendrix turned off her iPod and pulled out her earphones glaring at Liam. "What the heck are you doing?" she hissed the question at him.

"Sorry," he said sweetly and Kendrix stood up from her chair. However it wasn't threatening she was about three inches shorter than him. "It's your turn to set the table, so come on." Liam told her simply and walked out of her room. He didn't want to say that he saw anything, so he just let it go. It would be in the back of his mind for a while though, but who was Matt to say who he could and could not be friends with? As he was going do the stairs he heard Kendrix calling his name. He stopped at the bottom and turned around seeing her bounding down the stairs.

"You didn't see what I was writing did you?" she asked watching him closely.

"No I didn't." Liam lied, but it must have been a good one because his sister let it go right after he spoke those words.

-&-

The week seemed to drag by, but thankfully it was finally Friday. Liam still hadn't mentioned anything about knowing Matt's opinion on Ryan being his friend. He figured he'd just be his friend anyways. However it wasn't that easy Ryan was missing in action on Tuesday and Wensday. Thursday he never gave Liam a chance to even talk to him. It was odd, but Liam knew something was wrong.

"Hey you've been awfully quiet," Matt said nudging Liam who was sitting under the huge tree in the school courtyard. School had ended about twenty minutes ago, but they had to wait for Kendrix who was taking a test. "Is something wrong?" his friend asked. Liam debated whether or not to tell him.

"I, uh, no it's nothing." Liam waved the matter off. Matt quirked his eyebrow giving him that 'are you sure' kind of look. Liam smiled weakly and started to zone out again.

"Come on man," Matt nudged Liam. "Just tell me."

"Why don't you like Ryan?" Liam asked bluntly and Matt instantly looked away when he met Liam's gaze.

"He annoys me," Matt shrugged playing with a blade of grass. "He's in my class and well he just acts like a total dick." The chestnut haired boy spoke. It was a simple answer, but it was the truth Ryan was a jerk to him and everyone.

"You barely know him." Liam said coolly and Matt blinked a few times. He'd never known Liam to be so defensive over someone he barely knew.

"Why are you so worked up? He's just some guy that you don't even know." Matt pointed out blatantly, but Liam shook his head.

"Right back at you." Liam muttered and Matt sighed rubbing the back of his neck. They sat in silence for a few moments other than the chirping songbirds. It was weird, Matt and Liam hardly ever argued about anything. Clearing his throat Matt stood up to his feet, but Liam paid no attention.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," he paused for a moment looking at Liam who remained staring off into space. "Do you want something?" Matt asked, but Liam shook his head still gazing out towards the parking lot. Sighing the chestnut haired boy walked off hoping Liam would cool off.

While sitting alone Liam heard someone walking up from behind. He glanced to his right from the corner of his eye and noticed Ryan. Turning his full attention to him he noticed something fell from Ryan's open pocket on his bag. Liam got up and jogged over to the fallen item. He knelt down and picked it up. It was a picture wallet sized. He turned it over seeing the picture of a young kid Ryan with a little girl beside him.

"Hey!" Liam called out running after Ryan. The dark haired boy stopped and turned around seeing Liam. He didn't seem to please to see him, but he saw him holding a picture. Ryan pulled his bag forward and noticed it was open. "You dropped this." Liam smiled handing him the picture.

"Yeah thanks." Ryan said gently taking the picture from him. He put it back in his bag and zipped it up.

"You're welcome," Liam smiled warmly and Ryan nodded about to turn around and walk away. "Hold on a second." The shaggy haired teen behind him spoke up. Sighing Ryan turned on his heels looking at Liam.

"What?" Ryan asked coldly and Liam swallowed hard.

"It's Friday wanna hang out or something," Liam shrugged just coming up with stuff off the top of his head. "I mean you don't seem to be making any friends. Why not hang with me and my friends?" Ryan stared at him for a moment, it sounded like a nice offer. However Ryan was always the guy that liked being alone and not getting close to anyone, no matter how friendly or attractive they were.

"Look I'm happy to know you're thinking of me and all, but I don't have any friend, nor do I need any. Thanks for offering." Ryan was about to start walking away when Liam ran in front of him blocking his way. The muscular guy seethed, why was this kid trying so damn hard?

"Maybe you do though," Liam paused smiling weakly. "Everyone needs a friend at some point." He shrugged trying to get Ryan to open up a bit, melt the cold ice around him. Liam thought he was a good guy that just didn't know how to show it, so he would help him. Ryan shook his head and tried to walk around him, but Liam cut him off once again. Taking a step back Ryan stared at the guy, he was lean and about two inches short with a baby like face.

"Can't you just leave me alone?" Ryan asked him with an icy stare.

"Come on we'll go to Smoothie King and get a drink." Liam tried, but Ryan wasn't falling for it. He was running out of options, Ryan was just too stubborn and cold to be defeated. Knowing that Ryan wasn't going to take much more of the aggravation Liam sighed softly stepping out of his way.

"Glad this worked out," Ryan said beginning to walk. "And if I see you again, it'll be way to soon." He added and Liam felt his heart stop, he'd never been so hurt by rejection before. Frowning his turned on his heels and went back towards the tree to gather his belongings. He looked back over his shoulder seeing Ryan getting into a black car that drove off moments later.

"Was that Ryan you were talking too?" Kendrix asked as she walked over to her brother carrying her red binder and history book in her arms.

"Yeah." Liam answered dryly hardly any emotion at all. She frowned; he hadn't been that sad sounding in a long time.

"What happened?" she asked, but he waved the matter off. Maybe he wouldn't talk about it now, but she would pry the answer out of him even if it meant tying him to a chair.

"Hey finally!" Matt shouted as he walked over from the cafeteria vending machines. "Let's go!" he called out waving the siblings over. Kendrix smiled and trotted over, while Liam just sort of lollygagged along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey People!

Alright so here's the deal...
No comments...no updates, simple enough.
Okay, good.

I won't update again until I receive two or more comments.
Thanks for reading, now leave a little comment please.


-Mimi