Boy Like Me.

Nine

"Hey I'm home!" Liam called out as he walked into his house. Kendrix was in the kitchen and she walked out to go greet him, but stopped. She heard someone else's voice and she didn't recognize it to be Matt. Fixing up her white button up blouse she walked out of the kitchen. "Thanks for coming over." Liam smiled and Kendrix saw a tall person standing beside him.

"Ben thinks I need to make friends," Ryan shrugged and Kendrix tilted her head. "And you being the only willing person I guess I'm stuck." He looked over when he noticed Kendrix. Liam noticed her as well and waved her over.

"Don't sound so thrilled," Liam said giving Ryan a gentle push. Kendrix stopped a couple of steps away and looked to Liam in question. Ryan smiled at her giving a small wave. "Kenny you remember Ryan from school." Liam introduced gesturing to the muscular guy in front of her.

"I do," Kendrix paused smiling at her brother and then studied Ryan for a moment. "I'm Kendrix, it's nice to officially meet." She said holding out her hand. Ryan looked at her for a moment, but then took her hand. After the hand shake and introductions Liam told him to have a seat in the living room.

"Would you like something to drink?" Liam asked as Ryan took a seat in the huge open living room. He was admiring the many paintings and pictures hanging around. The guy turned back to his host and nodded his head. "Okay, Kenny can you help me." Liam said hinting that he actually really wanted to talk to her. She smiled weakly at her brother and then walked behind him into the kitchen.

"What are you doing Liam?" Kendrix whispered to him as he pulled out two soda cans from the silver refrigerator. His sister glanced over to the living room area and then back to her brother who sighed.

"Look he has no other friends," Liam paused lowering his voice a bit more. "Just be nice, I know you don't really like him." He added on and Kendrix crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's just he's been pretty stuck up all week Liam," Kendrix explained. It was true though Ryan was pretty snobby all week to him and Matt, so it was hard to accept him so suddenly. She shook her head and thought about it for a moment Liam's eyes watching her. "I'll be nice, but don't get your hopes up. No one changes in a snap." Kendrix snapped her fingers in front of his face and he rolled his eyes walking around her. She turned on her heels and watched him. A beaming smile was on his cute baby like face, he was happy.

She didn't want to bring him down, so she figured just to go along with it until something didn't seem right. Walking back out into the living room she found the two of the sitting on the couch. Liam was on the right side leaning against the armrest while Ryan was sitting on the edge of the couch on the far left.

"Well I'm gonna finish a project." Kendrix said and both boys looked over to her. She gave a small sheepish wave and scurried over to the stairs. Looking back at the two boys who were still watching her she laughed nervously and darted up the stairs.

"I don't think she likes me." Ryan said pointing his finger over to where Kendrix had just been.

"It's not that," Liam paused and Ryan tilted his head. It was in a cute way to the priceless look on his face made Liam's heart skip a beat and he felt a blush coming on. "I mean you gave us a cold shoulder your first week of school, so she's just iffy about it." Liam shrugged sipping on his drink and gazed off in another direction.

"Oh yeah about that," Ryan leaned back into the beige leather couch looking straight ahead at the black TV screen. "It's just a rough change and all. I'm sorry about that." Ryan said softly twiddling his thumbs in his lap. Liam smiled and shook his head.

"Don't apologize. I understand that completely!" Liam explained with a cute smile his eyes glowing with happiness. The spiky haired guy next to him smiled back nodding his head. "Yeah so, uh, the gay thing doesn't bother you?" Liam asked him and Ryan blinked a few times staring at him blankly.

"Oh no, can't say it does." He replied shyly and Liam furrowed his brows. Ryan seemed to go into that awkward mode every time something about being gay was mention. He remained silent and Liam kept staring at him. It was almost as if Ryan wasn't sure about himself or something. The look on his face, the way he answered, the way he acted all lead Liam to the fact Ryan wasn't sure about himself.

"Good," Liam smiled just brushing it off, Ryan could tell him whenever he was ready. Of course he had his fingers crossed for gay because Liam could be all over him. "Wanna watch a movie?" Liam asked since it was weird just sitting there. He had lots of questions, but he didn't want to overwhelm the cute guy in his living room.

"Sure sounds fun." Ryan shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so the relationship begins!
Thank you all for reading and subscribing.

We need to work on the comments though.
My next update will not be until I get three or more comments.
Sorry, but I don't like having a bunch of silent readers.

Anyways, Happy Halloween!
Please comment!

=)


-Mimi