Dear Frankie...

Letter 3

Dear Frankie.

I got a job this morning which I had quit by the end of the day.
The thing is, I figured if I started waiting tables I’d never stop. Next thing you know I’m living at the local trailer park and named the baby something like Princess Ruby or Rufus Jones. If I’m going to do that I might as well move somewhere with less rain and where I can develop a thick accent that tops my jersey one.
And then when I got home my mom started piping up about college. I skipped a year so I’ll finish high school by the end of this year and then – oh the joy- I get to go to the same college as Giacopo. Ain’t that swell?
Don’t feel guilty, I never really wanted to go to college or maybe I did but don’t know it yet. Just as I don’t know if you feel guilty or not, or care at all. I’m just going to assume you do because I don’t even know where to send all these letters.
Besides my parents would never let me go do photography as a major so college doesn't’t really matter.
I don’t think anything really matters anymore.
Like it doesn't’t really matter I’ve been skipping school for a week and just sit in the movies, sobbing thought the whole film. And it’s always kiddie films because that’s the only thing they show at 10 am. Or it doesn't’t really matter I’ve bitten my nails so bad my fingers keep bleeding everywhere. And it doesn't’t matter either that I’ve stopped going to church and got into a huge fight with Finn and pretty much everyone I know so I’m pretty much alone now.
I guess the only thing that really matters is the fact I’ve got two beating hearts inside of me and that I have to leave this place. It’s all I know.
I don’t know where you are and I don’t know how to find you.
I don’t know what is going to happen or if we’ll ever meet again.
All I know is I have to leave this place before it swallows me whole.
I hope this letter never finds you because you seem like a pretty decent guy and maybe you’d come back and then both our lives would be ruined.
From Jersey,
Ava.