Status: Active

Concord Academy

Swarmed

The windows filled with bright orange smoke, forced in a red haze puffing over my house. The only thing I could have done was watch outside in my green pajama bottoms, swimming shirt, pink robe and a simple pair of Uggs. The black sky stuck to what seemed like the rest of my house, and the flames grew every second, demolishing our loving home. My mother cried into my fathers arms while he whispered into her ears- 'every thing's going to be alright'. I tried to make myself believe that, but nothing could, or would, ever be the same. The police believe it was just our oven on, or a wild fire, but here in Georgia wild fires never happen. And besides, we didn't have a stove. That night I was frightened out of my wits; nothing could prove my thoughts differently: someone lite our house on fire. Even though I thought that, I didn't have a clue of who would do such a thing, and apparently, neither did the police. I didn't feel safe, and my parents didn't feel I was safe either. After we discussed everything, we figured someone did start the fire, and, after the water works, we decided upon sending me to an academy. An academy in the small state of Iowa. Of course we had insurance, so getting new clothes and items of such wasn't the problem, and neither was the packing. After getting everything set, like the plane tickets, goodbyes to my friends and getting packed, I was sure I was on my own from then.
"Mom!" I yelled down from my aunts bedroom.
"What!" She yelled back up at me.
"Come up here!" I flattened my dress and took a deep breath. Today was going to be one of the longest days ever.
"Yes?" She leaned up against the door hinge.
"Is this cute?" I asked, looking back up at her, my hair just reaching towards my shoulder, with the big curls bouncing a little each time I moved.
"Yes, you look great, now grab the rest of your bags and lets get you to the airport!" She smiled and took one bag, while I took the other. I only had three luggage packs, and one carry-on. I guessed the academy provided beds and such, after all it was extremely expensive.
"Honey, you look great." My dad took me in on a joyful, caring hug. Making sure that he would remember his 'little girl'.
"Thanks dad." I grabbed my bag again, then looked at my aunt who smiled so greatly.
"You can just forget about me then, it's alright." She still smiled but opened her arms for a great, big hug. I took her in on her offer and squeezed her tight. I can't forget my family.
"Well Maddi, we should get going." I got out of my aunts arms and said goodbye, then carried my luggage out to the car.
After loading and getting comfortable in the backseat, my parents got in and we were off.
"Maddi, do remember, your going to be a new student at an academy, first impressions are everything. And just because we're not there doesn't mean the same rules apply."
"I know mom, and there are going to be new kids so I can't go around like I know everything."
"That's my girl." My dad cherished me.
"And do your homework, this is still school, just a bigger responsibility."
"Yes mom." I groaned. I should have known this was going to be their lecture.
"And honey, your going to be placed with either two or four other girls, so mind your manners and-"
"And don't be messy!" My mother interrupted my father.
"Well duh!" I groaned back, I knew all of this already but it wasn't to my surprise that they would go on.
"Well Maddi, we just want you to be happy, and that can't happen if your around people who don't like you, or that you don't like."
"Yeah." I said, just nodding my head, seeing that signs that we were coming closer to the airport.
"There are boys, so don't get me started about what to do and what not to do around them." My dad said sternly, he pressed his lips together and looked back at me. I giggle slightly.
"Of course dad!" I laughed more then saw the airport bright at my sight.
"Well here we are, Maddi. I love you and nothing will ever change that." She started to get out of the car when my dad turned and said, "I'm being serious about the boys." He smiled again then got out, but for some reason I knew he wasn't kidding.
"Be sure and call me!" She said as she handed me my luggage.
"I will, mom. And I love you both." My carry-on hung on my back, while my luggage was in my hands. They both hugged me, even though I couldn't quite hug back.
"Bye honey!" My dad said, then my mom kissed me and I was off into the large world of the Georgia airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter looks about right. This is just the beginning, so don't get your pants in a bunch. It gets better.