Status: active

War

White Room

I stumbled through the dark forest, trying to find my way back to the beach. It was really dark, and I kept hearing noises.

"Uncle Sam?" I yelled. "Auntie Em? Paul?" No answer.

I continued walking the way I thought I came, tripping the entire way. My foot got caught under something and I fell, landing on my leg wrong and I hit my head on a rock. White hot pain shot through my body as I cried out. I couldn't see well, but wha I could see faded in and out. Tears streamed down my face as I curped up the best I could, cradeling my small leg.

"Paul?" I gave one last feeble cry before pain took over and I slipped into unconiousness.

My eyes fluttered open slightly, and I was blinded by white light. I shut my eyes and tried it one more time. This time, I kept them open. I opened my mouth to say something, but my throat was too dry to do so. I looked around best I could and saw that three people occupied the small room I was in. Those three were Auntie Em, Uncle Sam, and Paul. My aunt and uncle sat in the corner, while Paul was right next to me, holding my small hand in his two big ones. He must have felt my movements in his sleep, because he stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

"You're awake?" he muttered. You could tell he couldn't really comprehend what was going on yet. "You're awake?" He said a bit louder. Realization dawned his face. "You're awake! You're awake!"

Auntie Em and Uncle Sam were on their feet in moments and at my bedside. I was engulfed in hugs and kisses.

"What were you thinking?" Uncle Sam roared when he got over his glee. "You should know better than to go into the woods at night, especially alone!"

I shrank back a bit, and Auntie Em seemed to notice this because she placed her hand on his arm and said, "Sam, she's only been here for a few days. She didn't know."

This calmed his down a bit. He rubbed his hands over his face and sighed.

"I guess you're right," he said. "Just don't you ever do anything like that again, you understand?"

I nodded my head quickly, not wanting any more yelling. He smiled a little and kissed me onthe forehead, just as the door opened and a nurse stepped in.

"Oh wonderful!" she chirped happily. "You're up! My name is Michelle."

I waved weakly, not happy about having a random stranger in the room.

"Now, I'll check the vital signs, cast you leg, and you can go," she said. She wrapped something around my arm and pressed a button. It started to squeeze my arm hard and I looked up in shock at everyone, whimpering pathetically.

"It's fine," Paul reassured. Soon, the thing let go of my arm, and the lady took it off. She took my pulse and temperature and smiled. She disappeared out of the room for a mintue, and came back in rolling a cart.

"Now, what color do you want your cast to be?" she asked. I tilted my head and looked inquiringly at her, asking a silent question.

"When you break a bone, it gets wrapped up so it won't move and it can get better," she explained.

"What broke?" I croaked.

"When you fell, you broke you leg," Paul explained quietly. Understanding dawned on me and I remembered falling and hurting my leg. I thought for a minute before I made a decision.

"Red!" I announced. The nurse quickly wrapped my leg up in red stuff that hardened. Finally, I was allowed to leave. They set my in a wheely chair that was so big, my feet didn't even hang over the edge.

They wheeled me outside and Uncle Sam brought the truck around and Paul lgot in and lifted me into his lap. I layed up against him and slowly closed my eyes. My leg was pounding, but I shut the pain out and drifted into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I wanted to get something out.

you like?