Status: active

War

Meetings

The room was crowded and tense. On one side sat the pack, dark skinned and giant. On the other sat the Cullens, pale and graceful. In the middle sat the one thing they had in common, their little girls. Jessa, Claire, and Nessie were playing on the ground, blissfully unaware of the tensions between the two families.

Sam cleared his throat. "Erm, thank you for meeting with us on such short notice."

Carlisle smiled and nodded. "Of course. We were intrigued when you informed us you had important information for us. Care to share?"

"Last night, my neice, Jessa had a very disturbing dream. She says she saw one of your mind, named Randolph. She says that he told her that he is coming. He told her to warn us that he is coming for her, Claire, and Nessie,"

Most in the room shifted, looking either angry or unsettled. But one in the room snorted.

"Are you really going to take a child's dream so seriously? This is a waste of time! Don't let her watch scary movies, and stop giving her sugar before bed, and you should be fine!" Rosalie sneered.

Paul growled and stepped forward, only to be stopped by Jacob and Quil.

"Listen, you over-sized Barbie-" he was cut off by Sam slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Rosalie," Carlisle intervened calmly. "You may either sit quietly and listen to what they have to say, or you may feel free to leave." he looked at the pack. "I apoligize. Please, continue."

"At first, we thought it was just a nightmare, but Jessa was says that it was very real. We figured we might as well come to warn you, and just take a few extra precautions to keep our girls safe." Sam stopped talking and looked at them.

"Would you mind if I spoke to Jessa? Just to hear first hand what she has to say?" Carlise asked.

"Of course." Sam stepped forward and crouched down next to Jessa. "Jessa, baby, Nessie's grandpa Carlisle wants to talk to you about your nightmare, is that okay?" Jessa nodded hesitantly. She stood up and walked over to Carlisle.

"Hello Jessa," he said, holding out his hand. Jessa shook it and he lifted her into his lap. "Can you answer a few questions for me? I know that you are scared, but it's very important." Jessa nodded and clutched her stuffed dog to her chest. "What happened in your nightmare?"

"I-it was dark, and I was alone. T-there was a man there, and he was scary."

"What did the man look like?" Carlisle asked gently.

"Almost like you, but not really. You're pretty, and nice. And you have gold eyes. H-h was scary. He has red eyes, and he was really mean. H-he told me that he w-was coming for me, Nessie, and Claire. He t-told me to warn y-you guys that he was coming soon, a-and there was n-nothing you c-could do to stop him!" Tears were streaming down Jessa's cheeks a nd she was shaking. "I want my daddy!"

Paul rushed over to Jessa and lifted her from Carlisle's lap. Jessa threw her arms around his large neck, and Paul held her close, whispering to her.

"It's all right Jessie. Nobody's gonna get you," he whispered quietly. It killed him to see his Jessa so scared.

Sam watched as Paul rocked his niece, in awe at how much love he held for such a small girl. That was the way Sam felt for Emily. He would do anything for her. At first, he was pissed that Paul had imprinted on Jessa, but now he was thankful. There was nobody in the world that would keep her safer.

"This is quite a dilemma. I think that we should figure out a schedule for the girls. They should either be with you in La Push, or here with us. I'd say with no less than three people with them at all times," Carlisle suggested.

"That sounds great," Sam agreed happily. "How about we take a break to figure out the details?"

"I'll show you to my study." Carlisle and Sam exited the room, talking in hushed tones.

"Meanwhile, how about I make you all some dinner? How does lasagnia sound?" Esme proposed cheerily.

"Sounds wonderful I'll help!" Emily volunteered.

An hour later, the house was much more relaxed. Paul, Jarred, Quil, Embry, Jacob, Jasper, and Emmett were watching football, Edward and Seth were talking about music, Claire, Jessa, and Nessie were running around playing, and Rolsalie, Alice, Emily, and Esme were cooking dinner. Sam and Carlisle were still in Carlisle's study.

"I can't wait to be a grown up!" Jessa announced to her friends. "I'm gonna have babies, and a puppy, and a pretty house by the beach, and I'm gonna do people's hair!"

"Who are you gonna marry?" Nessie asked.

"I'm gonna marry my Pauly!" Jessa said excitedly.

"I'm gonna marry my Jacob!" Nessie said.

"And I'm gonna marry my Quil!" Claire chimed in.

"And our babies are gonna grow up together, just like us!" Nessie said excitedly.

"What are you girls talking about?" Paul came up and sat down. Jessa climbed in his lap.

"I'm gonna marry you one day," she said bluntly. Paul grined widely.

"Alright," he said pulling her close. Jessa giggled.

"And I'm gonna marry Jacob, and Claire is gonna marry Quil, and our kids are gonna grow up together and be best friends, just like us!" Nessie said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Watcha think?