Cold As You

eighteen.

"You're tougher than I thought," Max smiled at me as Sidney stormed off in the other direction. "Me likey," he wiggled his eyebrows. I pursed my lips as I tried not to laugh at him. Unfourtanely I lacked self control and ended up laughing out loud at his antics as we walked back to the car that was to take us to a children's hospital.

The first half of the car ride was silent. You could have probably heard a pin drop and all of our hearts thumping in our chests- that's how quite we were. The second half of the car ride, well, I guess I couldn't say the same thing. It all started off when Sidney finally took his eyes off the road and set them on me. I didn't notice his staring at first, but after a while I started to get a strange feeling and it was only then I looked up at my so called best friend. I raised my eyebrow as if to silently as what the fuck he was looking at and he just scoffed.

"I just can't believe you did that," he said.

"Did what?" I asked, feeling a certain sense of déjà vu as we spoke.

"God you are such a, a...bitch!" he finally yelled.

"I am not a bitch Sidney," I stated. "I just said what everyone who's ever seen that interview of you saw. It's not like I was lying, or that I said anything horribly mean about you. You're being a little bit irrational," I said simply, staying completely calm. I knew it was pissing him off. He was giving me the face. He did it in most interviews when he's being asked a question. He sort of tilts his head to the side and purses his lips together. Only his face wasn't as innocent as it was in those interviews. In fact, he looked positively infuriated.

"You said it in such a condescending way though! I know you were trying to embarrass me! I'm not stupid Evangeline!" He yelled. "Why did you have to go and fuck this whole day up?"

"I dunno," I shrugged casually, glancing over my shoulder and out the window. "Why'd you have to fuck my life up?" I countered slowly. He went to open his mouth and undoubtedly scream at me some more about how he was perfect and I was the screw up, but the car stopped and we all glanced out the window to see we had arrived at the hospital. The door to the large car we were in opened, indicating us to get out. Sidney sent me one last glare before putting on a smile and stepping out of the car.

"That was fun to listen to," Max whispered into my hair as we walked slightly behind Sidney.

"Sorry you have to be here for this," I apologized sincerely. I didn't want Max to feel awkward, especially because I knew this day was just as special to him as it was to Sidney. Even though it wasn't Max's day with the Cup, it was still a day he got to spend with it. And I knew that meant everything to him.

"It's no problem," he shrugged.

"No," I shook my head. "You don't have anything to do with our problems and I'm sorry you have to spend your day listening to us argue," I told him. He smiled warmly down at me and threw his arm over my shoulder, rubbing my upper arm and leaning his cheek on the top of my head.

"How many times have you listened to me and Sarah fight? Think of it as like, payback for me or something."

"Not many times," I admitted. "You guys fight about stupid shit."

"No we don't!"

"I've literally seen you both get visibly angry figuring out where you want to get take out," I laughed.

"That bitch always wants Chinese!" He yelled maybe a little too loudly. Sidney glanced over his shoulder, sent us a look from hell, and we both pursed our lips as we tried not to laugh.
Watching Sidney and Max at the children's hospital tugged on my heart strings. It did anytime I saw any of the guys at a hospital. When they went during Christmas I spent half of the time crying my eyes out. I probably would have done the same this time if I wasn't so angry with Sidney.

After a few hours at the hospital we were on our way back to Sidney's place for a small get together. I stopped back home to get changed before I went to the party. Sidney and I hadn't spoke a word to each other since we were on our way to the hospital. I changed into a strapless, white, crochet floral mesh dress from Forever 21 and just brushed my hair and teeth before I hopped into the car with my brother as we drove to Sidney's house.

It was set up beautifully in his backyard. There were two white tents sitting next to each other with the Stanley Cup proudly displayed on a small table in between them. People mingled, some laughing with each other, some taking pictures with the Cup, and some eating the large amount of food Sidney had gotten for the party.

I talked to a few people, biting back my tongue when they just gushed about how they had seen me on TV at the parade with Sidney, or about how cute it was that we were still such good friends. I wanted to tell these people about how Sidney had fucked and left me more than once, about how he used me like we hadn't been best friends since we were eight. But of course I didn't. I smiled and laughed along with them, pretending like everything was right in my World.

When he finally noticed me he walked over and pressed his hand to the small of my back, leading me off to the side of his house where he was sure no one would bother us.

"Why are you here?" He asked me outright.

"Cause I'm an idiot," I said with a small shrug. He looked at me oddly, clearly not expecting those words to leave my lips. "I've always been an idiot when it came to you though," I admitted.

"What are you talking about Evan?" He asked me, thoroughly confused at this point.

"I just stood here loving you hoping you would love me back. Hoping you'd wake up and realize that you feel the same way as I do about you," I sighed, playing with the glass on wine in my hands.

"I don't understand," he said. Tears slowly welled up in my eyes once again. I looked up towards the sky, trying to push them back but they spilled down my cheeks regardless of my efforts.

"You never did," I said, lowering and shaking my head. I shoved my glass of wine in his hands and wiped my eyes, smearing the mascara that was once on my eyelashes. "I'm sorry I came here Sidney," I mumbled. "You won't have to see me around anymore. I'm sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
oooooh snap.
gimmie some feedback bbys!<3
xoxo.