Cold As You

nine.

I had never been that girl. I never got drunk and had sex with a random stranger, I never stole anyone's boyfriend, and I didn't have a reputation of being a slut. Sidney had once told me I was the exception and the guy who ended up with me would be a lucky one. I took this as him talking in third person; that maybe he was saying he wanted to be the guy who ended up with me. It made my heart swell and my hopes sore way up high.

But just because I never been that girl didn't mean I wasn't stupid. I mean, really- I had stuck around loving Sidney while he saved the NHL and did whatever he wanted. I was hopelessly hopeful, but that was just putting it nicely. I was straight up pathetic. Only more so because I knew he could have most any girl he wanted and I still hung off his every word. I guess that even though deep down in my heart I knew he would never return my love, there was always a little part of me that hoped and prayed he would. Every little thing he did I overanalyzed, and now that we had had sex, things were much different.

I didn’t know how to act anymore; I didn’t know what that meant. The stupid girl part of me believed this was what I had been waiting for since the moment I found out I was in love with him. However the smarter, more sarcastic part of me knew that nothing was set in stone and that maybe things weren’t going to go the way I hoped for.

I woke up alone again the next morning, not having heard from Sidney since his short text the night before. He had never answered my other text letting him know that I was free when he was done with whatever he was doing, but I tried not to let it bother me.

From the time I met Sidney, I quickly learned he was a very busy guy. He had been talked about and interviewed since the time he was young, and ever since he actually made it to the NHL all of these things were amplified. Sidney Crosby was always busy, but I was used to it. And I guess that was sort of abnormal, and I probably shouldn't have just sat there and waited for him like a pathetic little girl, but I did and I couldn't take it back if I tired.

I showered and changed into a pair of sweats and Penguins tee-shirt before quickly making myself a bowl of cereal and setting myself comfortably on my plush couch. I flipped the TV on to a re-run of America's Next Top Model and began to eat. As my bowl of cereal began to dwindle, I grabbed my cell phone and let my fingers dance across the keypad, sending a text to a certain best friend of mine.

However, almost as soon as I pressed the send button two bodies shoved their way through my front door. I leaned my head over the couch only to see a mess of brown curls and hear a loud French Canadian voice. I immediately sat back down and brought the my bowl back into my lap, shoving another spoonful of Special K with Red berries into my mouth.

"Evangeline!" Sidney called out.

"I'm right here," I said, watching the photo shoot on Top Model carefully.

"Oh, I didn't see you," he said, placing his big hand on top of my head. "You're so darn tiny you can't even see your head peak out over the top of the couch," he grinned down at me. I smiled softly as he walked around the couch and took a seat next to me. Max hopped into the arm chair on the other side of couch and smiled widely at me, to which I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"You're cute," Max grinned.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes again. "Why are you two here anyway? I enjoy alone time," I told them.

"Well we like being with you time," Max countered me.

"Couldn't you have at least brought Sarah along?" I asked hopefully.

"She's no fun," Max dismissed, waving his hand. I narrowed my eyes at him and that famous smirk found its way to his lips. "Just kidding- she's still sleeping. I kept her up late if you know what I mean," he said, sending me a wink. I scrunched my face up and shook my head.

"You're gross," I commented, placing my now empty cereal bowl on the coffee table in front of me.

"And I have to pee, so I'll be right back," he said, pushing himself back out of the armchair and walking across the living room to the bathroom. I looked over to Sidney for only a brief second before his lips crashed on top of mine. His hands immediately went to the back of my head and to around my waist. I pulled away quickly and he merely smiled at me.

"You taste like strawberries," he grinned. I looked at him like he was crazy- mostly because I thought he was.

"What're you doing?" I asked him breathlessly.

"Are you going to ask that every time I kiss you?" He asked, still smiling.

"Uh, yes," I said. It bothered me about how nonchalant he was about this, but that was just like him. "And get off of me," I instructed, to which he obeyed. "Max is only in the bathroom," I elaborated. And just as the words had left my lips Max opened the bathroom door and reappeared in my small living room. Just as he was about to sit back down he grabbed his phone out of his back pocket and flipped it open, his eyes scanning his text and another smile emerging on his face.

"My sleeping beauty is awake," he told us both. I smiled at his affectionate nickname for his girlfriend and nodded understandably. "I'm sure I'll see you later," he directed this towards Sidney. "And I'm sure I'll see you soon as well Evan," he said. He was gone within another few seconds and just as soon as Sidney had got off of me, I could feel his lips against mine once again.

Only this time I didn't push him away, and this time I didn't ask him what he was doing. I just let him kiss me, and then I let him take off my clothes and then I let him fuck me right on my living room couch.

And all I could think about was how I knew I was becoming that girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so sorry i've been sucking at updates lately. tomorrow i'll hopefully have both tj and jordan chapters out for you lovely people to read.

keep the feedback coming! it's lovely.<3
xoxo.