Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 11

Gerard’s POV Gerard’s POV Gerard’s POV Gerard’s POV Gerard’s POV

“You what?” says Frank, nearly choking on his Coke.
“It was only for a minute, not even that, it was a mistake, I wasn’t thinking” I say.
“Dude, you nearly kissed her, Jess would be pissed if she knew” says Ray.
“Please don’t tell her” I plead.

Mikey puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry, we won’t say a word, right?” he says to me and the other guys.
“I swear” says Ray.
“Secret’s safe with me” says Frank.
“To the grave” says Bob.
“Thanks guys” I say, genuinely thankful.
“Oh, morning Jackie” I say as she walks towards us.
“Hey Gerard” she says, sitting down beside me.
“How’re you today?” I ask, looking into her beautiful blue eyes.
“I’m fine, thanks for walking me home last night” she says.

We hear footsteps approaching, and look up to see Jessica standing there, lips set in a firm line, fighting back tears in the corners of her eyes.

“You walked her home?”

***

Jackie’s POV Jackie’s POV Jackie’s POV Jackie’s POV Jackie’s POV Jackie’s POV

I’m in English, and instead of talking like she normally would, Jessica is dead quiet, actually doing her work for once.

“Jess” I say gently, but I get no answer.

I continue on with my work, hoping that she’ll talk to me later.

“Hey Jackie!” says Arriana Gregorio behind me, a girl with wavy light brown hair, bright blue eyes and black rimmed glasses.
“What?” I say, turning in my seat.
“What’s up with Jess?” she asks.
“Nothing you need worry about” I say in a dark voice.
“Whoa, bit-chy!” says Arriana, holding her hands up.
“Sorry, just, mind your own business okay?” I say in a kinder voice.
“Sorry” says Arriana, returning to her work.

She’s a nice girl really Arriana is, only she’s alone all the time, poor girl.

***

It’s recess and I’m hanging out with the boys as usual.

“Gerard?” I say.
“Mmm?” he replies, with a mouthful of chips.

I chuckle a little at his chip-filled cheeks.

“What?” he says, giving me an unpleasant view of the chewed up potato in his mouth.
“Eww, don’t talk with your mouth full” I laugh.

Gerard swallows.

“Sorry!” he laughs.
“It’s okay, anyways, have you spoken to Jess about last night yet?” I ask.
“No, not yet, we’ve got double Math together after recess, so I’ll talk to her then” Gerard says.
“Alright good” I say.
“I feel bad though” I sigh.
“Why’s that?” Gerard asks.
“Because every time you guys fight, it’s always about me” I explain.
“Aww, Jackie, it’s not your fault” Gerard says, putting an arm around my shoulders.
“Yeah it is, first the band, now you walking me home” I say.
“Jackie, it wasn’t your fault, it was my choice” says Gerard, bringing me closer so that our foreheads touch.

He looks into my eyes and smiles.

“Stop feeling bad” he says.
“Okay” I say, smiling.

***

It’s after lunch and I’m in Music, helping the others set up the microphones.

“Jackie!” Jessica calls out, running down the hallway and into the main practice room.

She throws her arms around me, crying.

“I’m sorry I was so mean to you, Gerard explained everything, I got the wrong idea, I’m so sorry Jackie!” she sobs.
“It’s alright Jess” I say, stroking her hair.

“Alright guys, settle down!” says Mrs Lynch, walking into the classroom.
“New song today” she continues once everyone’s quiet.
“What song miss?” Dean asks from behind the drum kit.
“Stay Young by We The Kings” says Mrs Lynch.
“WOO!” Jessica and I cheer, jumping up and down.

We wait patiently as Mrs Lynch hands out sheet music to everyone. By the time she’s done, Jessica and I have organized what parts we’re singing and are ready to start. Bob starts up on the drums, and Ray and Frank, along with the other guitarists in our class join soon after.

“Let's burn our dreams into the skyline, tattoo our sweat in tears, forever you and I” sings Jessica.
“Hold your breath till we cross the sundown, this is the moment time is racing slow it down” I sing.

“We’re only here for one more night, scream it like you mean it, one more time we'll tear down the building, come on come on, sing along whoa, come on come on, stay young” We both sing.

We continue the song that way, Jessica singing the first half of the verse, me singing the second, and then both of us singing the chorus together.

“Stay young” Jessica and I finish, with a jump.

I look at her and laugh, her hair is all over the place from dancing.

“What?” she laughs.
“Look at your hair!” I chuckle.
“Speak for yourself” Jessica replies.
“Hmm, true” I say, messing it up a little more.

Gerard gets up from his spot on the floor in the corner and puts down his comic. He walks up behind Jessica and wraps his arms around her, kissing her.

I feel a little twinge in my chest that I can’t explain.

“You were really good babe” he says when they pull apart.
“Thanks” Jessica replies, looking into his eyes and smiling.

He unwraps himself from around her and looks at me.

“You too” he says.

I smile…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Chapters 1 to 11 are kinda crappy, I got better at writing over time, also, the point of view changes at some point, I can't remember when, but changes from present to past tense later on.