Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 19

I heard the honk of a horn from outside and raced over to the front door to open it. Frank’s van was parked in the driveway, the loud music blasting from the stereo stopped and the side door rolled open. Gerard poked his head out, with his eyes closed and a goofy grin on his face.

“Hallow Jackie!” he said playfully.
“Hallow Gerard” I replied in the same childish tone.

He jumped out of the van and ran towards me, wrapping me in a tight hug, before letting go and smiling at me. Mikey was the next out of the van, jumping towards me happily and giving me another hug, then Ray, then Bob. The others went inside and Frank got out, giving me a kind smile when he saw me, he walked up to me, and pulled me into his arms. I closed my eyes, and breathed in his scent, he was so warm, and I almost couldn’t let go when he pulled away.

“Hey Jackie” he said warmly, still holding me at the hips.
“Hi Frank” I replied shyly, unable to meet his eye.

The two of us walked inside together, where Ray was sitting on the sofa talking to Arriana. There was no sign of Joey or Mikey, but Bob stood beside Gerard near the stereo system, where Gerard was having a hard time putting a CD on.

“How the fuck do you work this thing?” he groaned in frustration.
“Push the orange button, CD drawer opens” Arriana suggested sarcastically.
“It’s like something from the Star Wars ages” he complained, as he pushed the button and the CD drawer popped out.

He opened a CD case he’d been holding, and put it in the stereo. The sound of The Misfits filled my ears and I smiled, I’d really gotten to like this band during the time I had become friends with the guys. A loud shriek of laughter came from Arriana as Ray finished telling her an apparently hilarious joke.

“Kay now that’s settled, booze, we need booze!” Gerard nagged, pulling on Bob’s sleeve.

The two ran out the front door and left it open behind them. The warm autumn breeze blew into the house and across me as I walked into Arriana’s kitchen. I opened a cupboard and pulled out a glass before filling it with water from the tap. I looked out the kitchen window as I drank, hypnotized by the way the sun was reflecting on the surface of the water in the pool outside. I decided this was perfect swimming weather.

“Hey, where’s Mikey and Joey?” I asked Arriana as I passed through the lounge room on my way to her room to get changed.
“Upstairs, spare room” she said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Reading comic books, fucking party poopers” laughed Ray.
“Fucking homo’s more like” Gerard laughed as he and Bob returned from grabbing the booze out of Frank’s van.
“Gerard! That’s not cool man!” snapped Frank, who was on Arriana’s computer playing World Of Warcraft.
“What?” replied Gerard.
“Don’t call your brother a homo!” he said sternly.
“Frankie, chill, he was joking!” Ray cut in.
“I know” laughed Frank, lightening the atmosphere.
“I know you were joking, I’m just stirrin’ ya” he added.
“Fuck you Frankie” laughed Gerard, sitting down on the sofa with a beer in his hand.

I shook my head, smiling. Boys. I continued on my way upstairs to Arriana’s room. I got changed quickly and went downstairs. Gerard wolf whistled as I passed through the lounge room and I just laughed. I slid the back door open and went outside.

The air was warm as it blew across me and the sunlight danced on the surface of the water, I took a deep breath and then dived in. The water was cool and relaxing, I allowed myself to sink to the bottom and swam underwater until I needed to come up for air. I gasped as my head broke through the surface of the water, and then rolled over onto my back. I let myself float for awhile, closing my eyes and just relaxing.

I heard a splash before the water sprayed me and suddenly stood up in the pool again. Frank had just jumped in. My arms flew up to cover my chest, all of a sudden I felt a little uncomfortable wearing so little, considering Frank was in the pool with me. He turned around and smiled at me, before wading over to the edge of the pool to grab a water gun. He loaded it up and squirted it at me.

“Oh! Frank, you cunt!” I laughed.
“Oh c’mon Jackie, it’s just water, and we’re covered in it!” he giggled back, squirting me again.

I swung around frantically, looking for something to defend myself with when my eyes caught sight of a bright pink noodle floating not too far away from me. I swam over and grabbed it, swinging it at Frank again and again, both hitting him and trying to disarm him from that fucking water gun. We laughed and played as the water sprayed us and filled our mouths with it’s bitter taste, until suddenly, Frank dropped the gun.

“What? Don’t tell me you’re giving up that easily!” I teased.

Frank just merely smiled, and grabbed a hold of the noodle in my hands. He tugged on it, pulling me towards him along with it. When I was close enough, he let go and pulled me into a tight hug. I closed my eyes and let my head rest against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat in my ear, and it relaxed me. As Frank started to let go, I let my arms snake around him and keep him close.

I looked up at him with watery eyes. I’d been waiting for this moment for a long time, and by the look in his eyes I could tell he’d been waiting too. One of Frank’s hands found it’s way around to the back of my neck, while the other stayed flat against my back, holding me. Frank drew me nearer, our lips brushed for a moment, before Frank’s mouth covered mine completely. His lips were warm and tasted of pool water. I chuckled suddenly, making him stop.

“What?” he laughed.
“Your piercings, they’re so cold” I giggled.
“Sorry” he smiled, before locking his lips onto mine again.

Despite the coldness of the silver snakebites embedded into his lower lip, Frank’s lips were warm. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip, making me open my mouth and allow him entrance. I felt him deepen the kiss as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I let myself fall weak in his arms and he held me, keeping me from sinking into the water.

But the moment was interrupted when we heard the sound of Gerard and Ray laughing loudly. Afraid of being caught, Frank and I quickly pulled away from each other. Gerard and Ray ran outside and bomb dived into the pool, fully clothed. Frank and I laughed as the two silly boys found their way back up to the pool’s surface.

Frank looked over and smiled at me. Our eyes met, and I felt myself smile back at him. We didn’t tell the others what had happened, but I was happy. After waiting so long, Frank and I were finally together…