Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 3

It was Thursday, my 4th day at Newark High. I walked in today wearing a long, yellow top with a pink belt around the waist, a long double beaded pink necklace, a silver necklace with a unicorn on it, black leggings & my brown knee high boots.

“Oh look, new girl’s actually wearing something decent today” said Danica, a beautiful blonde girl who’s probably the most popular girl in the school.

I just sarcastically smiled at her and kept walking. I heard a wolf whistle and turned around just in time to see Sean Walters wink at me. Danica slapped him when she saw it. Sean Walters was Danica’s boyfriend. Poor guy.

Eventually I reached the archway where the boys were sitting, but there was no sign of Jessica.

“Hey Jackie” said Frank, giving me a welcoming smile.
“Hi Frank” I replied.
“Where’s Jessica?” I asked Gerard.
“Not here today” he answered.
“Any idea why?” I asked.
“Nope” he answered.

“Here’s Ray, late as usual” said Mikey.

I turned and saw Ray rolling towards us on his skateboard.

“Fuck you Mikey, you’re one to talk, I usually beat you here” said Ray.

Mikey shrugged in a sort of “You’ve got a point” way.

“Where’s that fucken ranga?” said Ray.

A small rock came out of nowhere and smacked Ray right on the back of the head.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME RANGA RAY! I FUCKEN TOLD YOU!” yelled Bob as he walked towards us.
“RANGA!” Mikey and Frank yelled back.

Bob smacked Mikey upside the head, but then got tripped up by someone else.

“Do NOT fucking hit my brother again Bob, I’ve told you that before!” growled Gerard.

He picked Bob up by the scruff of the neck.

“Alright Gerard, alright, chill out bro!” pleaded Bob.

Gerard let him go.

The bell rang and we headed off to class. I felt someone grab my arm.

“Wait up Jackie, we got Science together” said Gerard.

I waited while he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, then we set off to class together…

***

“Alright, alright, that’s enough you lot, settle down” said Mrs Verition, the Science teacher.

“You’ll wanna watch yourself with this one, she’s a right old fucking bitch” whispered Gerard.

“What was that Mr Way?” questioned Mrs Veriton.
“I said I have a bad fucking itch” Gerard replied sarcastically.
“Right, that’s it, outside now” snapped Mrs Veriton.
“What for?” whined Gerard.
“For swearing” said Mrs Veriton.

Gerard got out of his seat and pushed it back so violently that the chair fell over.

“Watch your attitude Mr Way” snapped Mrs Veriton.
“Fuck you miss, and DON’T fucking call me Mr Way!” growled Gerard, picking up his bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

He walked across the classroom and slammed the door behind him…

***

It was lunchtime and I was hanging out with the boys again.

“So what was your old school like?” asked Mikey.
“What? Winfield Gardens High?” I replied.
“Yeah” he said.
“Oh, it was alright I guess, but I wasn’t popular there” I said.
“So what? That doesn’t matter” Ray smiled.
“I know” I said, returning the smile.

“Did you have a boyfriend there?” asked Frank.
“Yeah, he was tall, blonde, blue eyes…” I trailed off, closing my eyes and letting the memories flood my mind.
“What was his name?” asked Bob.
“Sky, Sky Masters” I answered.
“You must miss him” said Bob.
“Quit the sympathy act ranga, she ain’t gonna sleep with you” Ray cut in.

SLAM!

Bob’s fist collided with the side of Ray’s face.

“I FUCKING TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME RANGA!” Bob yelled.

“Quiet ranga, they can hear you from across the schoolyard” said Gerard, who’d just come back from the canteen.

Bob pulled up his hood, folded his arms and pouted.

“I’m not talking to you guys for rest of the day” he sulked.

Gerard rolled his eyes.

“Cheer up dude, you can’t take a joke” said Frank, playfully punching Bob’s arm.
“Don’t fucking touch me” Bob snapped.

Frank just rolled his eyes.

“Did you get our drinks?” he asked Gerard.

“Yeah, here” said Gerard, passing a can of V to Frank.

“Where’s mine?” bitched Mikey.
“Here ya sook, shut up” said Gerard, and passed another can to his little brother.

“I was gonna give you this Red Bull Bob, but seeing as you’re gonna be a sook” said Gerard, and passed it to me.

“Aww c’mon, that’s mean” I said.
“Nah, he’s being a tosser, here, take it” Gerard insisted.

I rolled my eyes and took it, looking over at Bob and mouthing the word “Sorry” He smiled and gave me an “It’s alright” look.

“You’re a prick Gerard” he said.
“I know” laughed Gerard.

“Jackie, come here a sec” said Gerard, jerking his head towards a table nearby.
“Alright” I said, and got up and followed him.

“How are you?” he asked.
“I’m alright, why?” I replied.
“Just asking, thought I’d make sure you’re fitting in alright here” he said, and smiled.

Wow. He has one HELL of a nice smile…

“What are you, like, my counselor or something?” I laughed.
“Nah, I’m your mate, doing what a mate does, looking after you” he said.
“Yeah I know” I smiled.
“Hey, don’t you have any uniform?” he asked.
“Not yet, Dad hasn’t got the money at the moment, so the school said I can wear what I want until Dad can afford some uniform for me” I said.
“You could ask Jessica if she’s got some spares, you’d probably be around the same size I’d say” said Gerard, surveying me with his eyes.

Wow. Awkward, that hottie is checking out my body…

“That’s actually not a bad idea, thanks Gerard, I’ll call her tonight and ask” I said.
“Glad I could help” he said, and smiled again.

“OI LOVERS! QUIT BEING SO ANTI-SOCIAL!” Ray shouted from where he and the others sat.

We rolled our eyes and went over to join them…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Chapters 1 to 11 are kinda crappy, I got better at writing over time, also, the point of view changes at some point, I can't remember when, but changes from present to past tense later on.