Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 32

Gerard’s POV

I didn’t want to be here, but I’d promised Jackie I’d get my ass back to school. At the present moment I was sitting in Art, and Jackie sat across from me, unusually quiet. It seemed like something was bothering her. She was working on her major, a Vampire painting of me, but she didn’t seem to be really getting anywhere.

“Jackie, what’s up?”
“Huh?” she replied, snapping out of her daze.
“You’re really quiet, something bothering you?”
“Oh it’s just . . .” she sighed. “Mum’s back.”
“What?!” my eyes went wide. “I thought she left you when you were thirteen!”
“Yeah well . . . She’s back, and Dad just let her right back in.” she sulked.
“I guess you’re not too happy about that.”
“Can you blame me? She fucking left me! And Dad!” she snapped.
“I know.”
“And now she thinks she can just waltz right back into our lives and pretend like she never left?!” she threw her paintbrush down onto the easel. “I don’t think so.”

All was quiet for a moment before she spoke again.

“What am I supposed to do Gerard?” she sighed, slumping down into a chair beside me, turning to face me.
“I don’t know . . .” something inside of me made me reach out and take her hands in my own. “I really don’t know what to say.” I chuckled, though without humor.
“I know, it’s alright . . .” she began, stroking my wrist, but then her eyes caught sight of the bandage on my wrist. “Gerard, what the hell?!”
“It’s, it’s nothing, don’t worry about it.” I said quickly, pulling the sleeves down further so they’d cover it, lucky I’d worn my black long sleeve today.
“Gerard! That is not nothing!”
“Jackie please, just leave it.”
“Gerard, did you? . . . ”
“No, Jackie. Please. LEAVE IT!” I snapped.

She shifted back a little, startled by my temper.

“I’m sorry, I just--” I began, but was cut off by Faith talking.

“Alright guys, you can start packing up now, next class starts in about ten minutes, but I’ll let you guys out a little bit early so you can have a bit of a break.”

I smiled, Faith was such a nice person, and attractive too.

Teacher, Gerard. Don’t go there.

Of course not, I was just making a statement.

Good. Keep it that way.

We both packed up our things and left the classroom, when Jackie nagged me again.

“Gerard, when are you gonna start being honest with me? . . . ” she tugged on my arm. “Gerard?”

I had stopped dead in my tracks. Korey Sullivan was a little way ahead of me. Anger and hate burned inside of me, and my hands balled into fists, he was the one responsible for Jessica’s death. If it hasn’t been for that little bastard, Jess would still be alive. I lunged at him.

He struggled underneath me as I pinned him down with my legs, punching his face repetitively until he began to spit blood. He whimpered and squirmed, but made no effort to fight back.

“Fight back!” I spat, punching him with my right fist. “FIGHT BACK!” I punched him with my left. “It’s your fault she’s dead you little fucker! FUCKING. FIGHT. BACK!”
“Gerard! No!” Jackie cried, tugging at me, trying to pull me off of Korey, but to no avail. “Remember what Jess said! She wanted you to be nice to Korey! Please Gee! Think about Jess!”

I stopped, and got off of Korey, letting him run off. Jackie was right. Jessica had wanted me to be nice to him, it was her dying wish. I closed my eyes, and saw the whole scene in my head all over again. The night that Jessica had died.

“Gerard.” she whispered, too weak to speak now.
“I’m sorry, please be nice to Korey.” she continued.
“Jessie, please, don’t give up.” I sobbed, my tears coming on full force now.

Jessica took a deep, struggled breath.

“I love you.” she whispered.

Her eyes rolled back into her head, and her arms dropped to her sides. I laid my hand on her heart, and realized it’d stopped beating. I shook her, trying to get her to wake up, but she just remained limp and motionless in my arms.

“NO JESSIE! NO FUCKING WAY! PLEASE!” I screamed, and tears streamed down my face.

I held her lifeless body close to me, and when the sirens sounded nearby and the paramedics tried to pull her out of my arms, I refused to let her go. I foolishly hoped for some fucking miracle to bring her back to life, but it never came. My beautiful ex-girlfriend was gone; never again would she laugh, never again would I feel her warm touch. I pulled her face to mine and gave Jessica LaTovey a kiss goodbye…


“Gee?” cooed Jackie, her hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged her off and began walking away, ignoring her calls for me to come back. I passed through the doors of the main building, into the sunny afternoon outside. I walked out through the gates. Tears threatened to spill at the corners of my eyes, I just needed to get out of here…
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter!
Will hopefully post another tomorrow, if not, shouldn't be too long before I do.
Hope you enjoyed it!

As always, comment and subscribe :)

xXShazzaXx