Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 34

Morning came, and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Gerard asleep on the couch across from me. I smiled to myself; he was so kind to give up his bed for the night. He lay on his side, one arm buried under his pillow, while the other rested on the couch in front of him. His messy black hair fell over his face like a curtain, and he looked so… Angelic?

Wow, I never realized how beautiful he was.

My eyes traced over his muscled chest, as he’d worn no shirt when he’d let me in last night. He was beautifully built, athletic, but nowhere near the point of overdoing it like a fucking body builder, just the way I liked it. I knew I shouldn’t have been staring like this, seeing as I was with Frank, but I just could not take my eyes off him.

But my attention was ripped away when my phone started ringing, the sound of Pitiful by Blindside blaring out of it. I leapt off the bed and answered it quickly, pacing around the room.

“Hello?”
“Jackie, it’s Dad.”
“Oh, hey.”

The sound of my phone ringing had woken Gerard, and he sat up quietly on the couch.

“Just wanted to see whether or not you were at school.” Dad asked.
I looked over at the clock, to find it was already 12:00pm “Shit!”
“Jackz, it’s okay” Dad chuckled. “You go on and treat yourself, have the day off, spend some time with Gerard or something.”
“Thanks, Dad.”
“You’re welcome, kid, bye.” Dad said, and hung up.

I turned to Gerard, whose eyes were still half shut.

“Hey.” He smiled, in a soft, tired voice.
“Hey.” I smiled in response.

God, he looks so beautiful right now.
Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!
You’re with FRANK IERO!
SO STOP STARING AT GERARD WAY!


“Have a good sleep?” he asked.
“Yes. Your bed is very comfortable.”

Gerard chuckled in response.

“How’ve you been?”
“Okay.”
But I saw through his lies “Tell me the truth Gerard; you know you can trust me.”
He sighed. “Okay. To be honest, I haven’t been so great. Since Jess died . . . I don’t know, shit’s just been fucked up.” He frowned, and looked up at me “But it’s not so bad when you’re here, I feel better when you’re around me.” His expression became serious “Forget I said that.”
“What?”

***

Gerard’s POV

No, enough of that. Man up Gerard. Tell her how you feel, stop standing by waiting for her to break up with Frank. Fight for her.

I sighed, and got up off the couch, walking towards her.

“I like you Jackie; I really, really like you.”

Dammit, like? Gutless bastard, why didn’t you just say you loved her?

***

“And I have been waiting a very, very long time to do this.” He said, stepping closer to me.

Gerard reached out and took both of my hands in his own, lifting my arms and threading his fingers through mine in the process. He backed me up against the wall, and his eyes bored into mine with a passion I had never seen in them before. It was almost as if his eyes were like tiny little burning flames, burning into my own.

My eyes darted from his eyes, to his lips, and back again. He let go of my hands and one arm snaked around my waist, while the other held the side of my face. He pushed me back against the wall a little further with the hand on my waist. I could feel his body heat already, and there was only the slightest gap between us.

But Gerard quickly changed that, bringing his lips to meet mine in a kiss full of longing. I shuddered at his touch. This was fucking incredible, and I felt a fire begin to burn inside of me as he slowly licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I granted it, and grabbed at his back with my hands, wanting him to be closer.

I sighed happily, enjoying it. The world melted away around us, leaving us in our own private universe, where nothing existed but us, and this kiss. If I’d been listening to the voices in my head screaming for me to stop, I would have pulled away by now, but I couldn’t let go. It was as if some kind of supernatural force had taken over my body, and I was completely powerless to Gerard…
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Finally!
Bet that was worth the wait, huh?
Hope you guys liked it XD

As always, comment and subscribe!

xXShazzaXx