Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 36

When I got home, Mum was sitting in the lounge room watching TV, she seemed pretty pissed off.

Good. Serves her right.

I walked down the hallway and into Dad’s office. He was sitting at his computer as always, but he stopped what he was doing as I entered the room.

“Hey, Dad.” I said, walking over to him.
“Hey, kiddo, glad you’re safe.” He replied, hugging me.
“Did you and Mum have a fight?” I asked, pulling away.
“Yeah. I wasn’t too happy that she left you out on the street last night.”

I opened my mouth to tell him that it was my fault because I wouldn’t get back in the car, but quickly closed it.

Better keep that to myself, the more Dad hates Mum, the better.

“I’m just glad you’re alright.” He said.
I smiled and hugged him again. “I’m sorry if I worried you.”
“Nah, kid, it’s alright.”

I pulled away and smiled, before leaving his office to go upstairs to my room. Just as I pulled my phone out of my bag, it began to ring.

“Hello?” I answered.
“I just wanted to make sure you were okay, how’d things go down when you got home last night?” asked Frank.
“I didn’t go home, I stayed at Gerard’s.”
“What?”
“Mum and I had another fight, so I made her stop the car and I refused to get back in cuz I was sick of her, once she drove off I realized I didn’t know where I was, until I saw Gerard’s street sign, I figured I’d best stay there the night, so I’d be safe.”
“You could have called me; I would have come and got you."
“I wanted to see Gerard anyway, to make sure he was okay.”
“Okay.” Frank sighed, but didn’t sound too convinced. “Jackie, you know I love you, right?”
“Yeah I know. I love you too.”
“Just wanted to make sure.” he said. “I’ll talk to you later.” he added, and hung up.

Uh oh, he knows I’m hiding something…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, next chapter will be a little longer, I hope!

I can't tell you guys how much it made my day to see this story reach 30 comments, thank you sooo much!
You all keep me going, and the more comments I get, the more I want to update :)

As always, comment and subscribe!

xXShazzaXx