Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 4

I called Jessica when I got home from school.

“Hello?” said a voice I didn’t recognize.
“Hi, it’s Jackie James, is Jessica there? I’m a friend of hers from school” I asked.
“Oh, yes, Jessie’s mentioned you, hold on one second, I’ll go and get her for you” I guessed it was Jessica’s Mum.

I heard the sound of the phone bouncing around in Jessica’s mum’s hand as she walked, and heard her open a door.

“Jess sweetie, how are you feeling?” said Jessica’s Mum.

I heard a groan.

“Still pretty crap, got a killer headache” moaned Jessica.
“Well I’ve got Jackie on the phone, would you like to speak to her?” asked her Mum.
“Yeah, pass it here, and grab me some pain killers or something will ya?” said Jessica.
“Jess, ask nicely” said her Mum.

Jess let out an angry huff.

“Please?” she said.
“Okay, here” said her Mum.

I heard the ruffling sounds as the phone was passed to Jessica, then the sound of the door closing.

“Hey” said Jessica.
“Hi, are you alright? Where were you today, why weren’t you at school?” I asked.
“I was at a party last night, got pissed off my face and didn’t get home until 4am, woke up this morning with a nasty hangover, so I stayed home” Jessica explained.
“What’d your Mum say?” I asked.
“She doesn’t know I went, I snuck out” said Jessica.
“What’d you tell her this morning?” I asked.
“I just said I wasn’t feeling well, though she pretty much said I could stay home after I threw up” answered Jessica.
“Eww Jess, too much information” I said.
“Sorry!” she laughed.
“Oh, I was talking to Gerard today, and he suggested that until Dad can afford some uniform for me I should borrow some of yours” I said.
“Yeah, sure, that’d be alright, oh, thanks Mum” said Jessica, taking the pain killers and water from her Mum.
“So you gonna be at school tomorrow?” I asked.
“Yeah, I kinda have to don’t I? I gotta give you my spare uniform and then you’re coming back to my place after school” said Jessica.
“Oh yeah, that’s right, we’ve got that sleepover tomorrow night, I almost forgot” I said.
“Jackie you silly girl, how could you forget that?” said Jessica with a laugh.
“Sorry!” I apologized…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Chapters 1 to 11 are kinda crappy, I got better at writing over time, also, the point of view changes at some point, I can't remember when, but changes from present to past tense later on.