Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 43

We both got up at around Noon, and after I’d had a shower and gotten dressed, Gerard offered to walk me home. I wheeled my suitcase out of the cupboard, and Gerard took it.

“It’s bad enough that I don’t drive, or have a car for that matter, the least I can do is wheel this for you.” He said.
“I don’t mind, really.”
“No I insist.”
“Okay.” I smiled, he was such a gentleman.

We began the long walk back to my place, and soon found ourselves on a very familiar street. I looked down on the footpath as we walked, and my eyes caught sight of something; a graphic looking skull with the words “Gerard Way Was Here” scrawled under it, beside that, a heart with an arrow going through it, with the name “Jackie James” written inside it.

“Gerard!” I exclaimed, pointing at the area of pavement. “Look!”
“Wow, whad’ya know? They’re still here.” He smiled.
“I remember the day we drew those.”
“Yeah. . .”

For a moment I wondered why mentioning that day had made Gerard go quiet, but then remembered; that was the day that we’d almost kissed, and unbeknownst to us, Korey had been watching. I reached out and held his hand, and he looked up and smiled at me, before the two of us continued walking.

Soon enough, we reached the all too familiar street where it had all happened. I looked over at Gerard, who seemed to have noticed where we were too.

“That’s Korey’s place.” Gerard said, pointing to a red brick house at the corner.
“Should we maybe go visit him?” I asked.
“I’m not so sure…”
“Oh, c’mon Gee. If not for yourself, do it for Jessica.”

He gulped, and I saw the tears threatening to spill from his eyes at the mention of her name, before he sighed and wiped his eyes with his sleeve, and then looked up at me and nodded.

I held his hand and led him up the driveway of Korey’s house, and knocked on the door. A few moments later, a scruffy haired Korey answered.

“Oh, hey guys, what’re you doing here?”
“We just thought we’d come say hi.” I smiled.
“You’re quite welcome to come in if you want?”
“Sure. . .” I looked at Gerard, who nodded. “Yeah alright.”

He unlocked the screen door and we stepped inside, and he led us to his room.

“I was just in the middle of playing Bass.” He spoke, sitting down on his bed and pulling the Bass Guitar into his lap.
“I thought you played Piano?” I asked.
“I took up Bass recently.” he smiled.
“I’m sure if you wanted a little help Mikey would be up for it.” I said.
“Really? You really think he would?” he asked, wide eyed.
“You seem excited by that.” I smiled.
“Yeah. . .” he blushed, and hid behind his fringe. “I never told you guys this, but I really look up to that guy, he’s a great Bass player.”
“Yeah, he is. He’s so talented, and I think sometimes he doesn’t quite realize how special or talented he is.” Gerard piped up from beside me.

I looked over at him and smiled, glad to see him being nice to Korey for a change. We stayed at Korey’s for a few hours, and then left, but not before I offered to jam with him sometime, which he happily agreed to.

***

“You reckon anyone’s home?” Gerard asked me when we were walking up the footpath to my front door.
“Possibly, I don’t think they’d have stayed at the lake house after I left.”
“You really think it’s such a good idea to go home just yet?”
“Gee, I can’t worry my Dad, I may hate Mum, but I can’t make my Dad worry about me.”
“Well, if he gets angry, I’m not leaving your side.” Gerard said, and grabbed my hand.
“Okay.”

I knocked, and not even a second passed before the door was practically ripped open.

“Where the fuck have you been?” Dad growled.
“I stayed at Gerard’s.” I kept my tone cool, not wanting Dad to get any angrier than he already was.
“You didn’t think to text or call me?”
“I’m sorry. . .” I said, biting my lip, I’d forgotten all about that when Gerard and I had…
“You’re grounded!” he snarled.
“Dad!”
“Go to your room, NOW! And you,” he said, turning his attention to Gerard. “Go the fuck home!”
Gerard tightened his hold on my hand, and I shot him a look that told him to “just go” otherwise this could get really bad.

Gerard turned and left, and Dad slammed the door behind him. He turned to me, fury in his eyes.

“Your mother’s gone, proud of yourself?”
“Dad! She was snorting coke!” I pleaded.
“We could have helped her! I would’ve checked her into rehab, you fucked everything up!”
“I did?” I replied, a look of disgust on my face. “I didn’t hold a knife to her throat and make her snort that shit!” I snapped.
“You may not have, but you obviously never took into consideration that I still care about her! I wanted things to work out!”
I gasped.

Oh, shit.

“Dad. . . I’m sor--”
“Not good enough.” He cut me off. “Go to your room, I don’t want to speak to you right now.”

I closed my mouth in defeat, and nodded. I grabbed the handle of my suitcase, and slowly ascended the stairs, once in my room; I wheeled the suitcase over to a corner and left it there, before sitting down on my bed. I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling completely guilty.

A few moments later, I jumped as pebbles bounced off my window. I got up from my bed, and looked out the window where I saw Gerard on the ground below. I opened the window, and he climbed up the lattice lining the side of the house, and crawled in through my window.

As he got to his feet, I looked up at him. His eyes softened when he saw the tears threatening to spill from mine. He pulled me into his arms forcefully, and crushed his lips against mine.

The next few moments were a mere blur as clothes flew away in every direction, and then I was lying on my bed, with Gerard above me. He brought his lips down on mine, and I totally let go, and the two of us made love once again…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's been awhile, so I thought I'd update, hope you enjoyed it!

Comment and Subscribe!

xXShazzaXx