Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 53

Gerard had been giving me the silent treatment since I’d told him I was leaving My Chemical Romance in Music this morning. The both of us were in Art, and he was focusing intently on his painting. The due date for our majors was today, and I was only a few paint strokes from finishing.

I tried to sneak a peek at Gerard’s painting, but as usual, he moved the easel away from my view. He was so stubborn with his art; he wouldn’t let anybody look until he was finished.

“Finally!” I sighed, setting down my paintbrush. “Finished.”
“Really?” At last! The boy speaks! “Can I see?”
“You most certainly may, Mr. Way.” I smiled, shifting my easel to give him a better view.
“Wow.” The widest grin spread across his face. “Jackie, it looks absolutely incredible! Oh and… I’m sorry I’ve been giving you the silent treatment.” He added, biting his lip and looking down at his feet.
“It’s okay Gerard, you’re forgiven.” I said, pulling him into my arms.

I dug my fingers into his hair, indulging in how heavenly silky his jet black locks were. I felt his arms tighten around me, and buried my face in his neck, once again taking in the smell of cigarettes and coffee that I so loved.

“I love you.” I whispered.
“I love you, sugar.” He replied, pulling back to get a better look at my eyes.

He brushed a strand of hair out of my face, and pressed his lips to mine briefly before pulling away. He sighed, and turned his easel to finally show me his painting.

“Here, I’m finished, go ahead and look.”

My heart skipped a beat, and I drew in a sharp breath. It was a “cartoonized” version of the two of us, back when I still had black hair. My pink fringe was absent, but I think that intentional, to keep it in sync with the browns, yellows, grays and blacks of the rest of the painting.

Gerard was dressed in a simple black T-shirt and blue jeans, the T-shirt was fitting, but I don’t think I’d ever seen the boy in blue jeans. I wore a white beaded necklace around my neck and a sleeveless black dress that dropped to my knees, with black and white tights underneath, and black arm warmers.

Gerard was kissing my cheek and the both of us had our eyes closed in the classic arch shape that I knew so well from watching far too much Anime. It was the cutest fucking thing I had ever fucking seen!

“Gerard!” I exclaimed. “That is absolutely, positively, fucking, adorable!” I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. “I love you sooo much!” I spoke in a cutesy, childlike voice. “You’re adorable!”
“Nah.” He chuckled. “I’m not.”
“Yes, you are!” I complained. “You goddamn cutie pie!”
“Nope.” He smirked.
“YES!” I spoke in a mock-crybaby voice.
“Nuh-uh!” He began to tickle me.
“Gee!” I cried. “No!!!”

I wiggled and squirmed, trying to escape him, but when I suddenly bumped the table and nearly sent a palette of paints flying, Faith got on our case.

“Oi!” She called over to us. “Cut it out, kids.”
“Sorry!” We called back.
“How are your majors going?” She asked, walking over to us.
“All done.” I smiled.
She looked to Gerard.
“Yeah, same here.”
She studied both of our paintings closely, a broad smile spreading across her face after a few minutes. “Beautiful work you two, A+ for the both of you, well done.” She turned to Gerard. “Have you ever thought about being an artist, Gerard? You could get very far, you have a lot of talent.”
“I’d like to be a comic book artist someday.”
“Go for it, kid.” She smiled. “And don’t forget your good old high school art teacher when you make it.” She teased.
“I won’t” He laughed.

Was he blushing, again? Typical; there was hardly a single male in this class who didn’t find Faith particularly attractive. I was jealous of her, she was stunningly beautiful for her age. As she walked away, I leant my head on Gerard’s shoulder, and let out a sigh of content, I couldn’t stop smiling over his painting…
♠ ♠ ♠
Jackie's Major:

Image

Gerard's Major:

Image

PLEASE COMMENT!

Rayven Sorrows x