Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 57

“Is it worth it can you even hear me, standing with your spotlight on me, not enough to feed the hungry, I'm tired and I've felt it for awhile now, in this sea of lonely, the taste of ink is getting old, it's four o' clock in the fucking morning, each day gets more and more like the last day. Still I can see it coming, while I'm standing in the river drowning, this could be my chance to break out, this could be my chance to say goodbye. At last it's finally over, couldn't take this town much longer, half dead wasn't what I planned to be, now I'm ready to be free.”

The night of Battle Of The Bands was upon us, and I watched Bert and his band play from backstage. I was still pretty pissed at Bert for dragging Gerard into his shit, but since Gerard had the strength to overcome it, I promised myself I wouldn’t hold a grudge against him.

“The crowd’s blowing up.” I commented.
“They’re amazing.” Gerard agreed.

“So here I am it's in my hands, and I'll savour every moment of this, so here I am alive at last, and I'll savour every moment of this.”

“Won't you think I'm pretty, when I'm standing top the bright lit city, and I'll take your hand and pick you up, and keep you there so you can see it, so long as you're alive and care, I promise I will take you there, take you and dance the night away, take you and dance the night away.”


“I have to go to the bathroom, if I’m not done by the end of their set, come find me.” Gerard called to me over the blasting music.
“Alright.”

“So here I am it's in my hands, and I'll savour every moment of this, so here I am alive at last, and I'll savour every moment of this, savour every moment of this.”

“As long as you're alive, here I am, I promise I will take you there. As long as you're alive, here I am, I promise I will take you there.”

“And won't you think I'm pretty, when I'm standing top the bright lit city, and I'll take your hand and pick you up, and keep you there so you can see it. So long as you're alive and care, I promise I will take you there, so long as you're alive and care, I promise I will take you there.”

“So here I am it's in my hands, and I'll savour every moment of this, so here I am alive at last, and I'll savour every moment of this, savour every moment of this, savour every moment of this.”


They finished the first song of their set, and Bert let out one of his crazy, manic laughs, before speaking to the crowd;

“Wooh! You crazy bastards having a good time?” He called out.
The crowd roared in response.
“Glad to hear it sexy’s!” He laughed. “WE ARE, THE FUCKING USED!” He screamed, as the band dived into the second song of their set.

“It's our time to shine through the down, glorified by what is ours, we've fallen in love, we've fallen in love, it was the best idea I ever had.”

“Today I fell and felt better, just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger AND SHARPER! Found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful…”

“TODAY I FELL AND FELT BETTER, JUST KNOWING THIS MATTERS, I JUST FEEL STRONGER AND SHARPER! Found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful THING!”

“Today I fell and felt better, just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger AND SHARPER! Found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful THING!”

“SING!”

“Do you want a song of glory? WELL I'LL FUCKING SCREAM AT YOU!”


They even had me head-banging backstage, they were fucking amazing, and Bert’s vocal ability was fucking mind-blowing. I had no idea they were that good!

“It's our time to shine through the down, glorified by what is ours, we've fallen in love, we've fallen in love, it was the best idea I ever had…”

The Used were close to finishing their set, but Gerard still had not returned. I made my way down to the men’s bathroom, and knocked on the door.

“Gerard! The Used are almost done, you ready?” I called out to him.
“I don’t think I can sing.” He called back.
“What?”
“There’s no way I can top that, Bert’s got this thing hands down.” Gerard said. “There’s no point.”
“Gerard, don’t get discouraged, you’re just as good as he is, get your ass out here.”
He stayed quiet.
“Don’t make me kick down this door!”

He opened the door quick smart after I said that, and greeted me with that smile I so adored. I took his hand and led him back to the side of the stage, where The Used were finishing their set;

“Today I fell and felt better, just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger AND SHARPER! Found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful thing, found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful thing, found a box of sharp objects what a beautiful thing…”

They finished playing, and I turned around and pushed Gerard against the wall. I dug my fingers into his hair, and kissed him hard, grinding against him, before pulling away and giving him a playful smirk, licking my lips.

“Now go out there, and show them what you can do, you sexy, sexy bitch.” I said, smacking his ass as he and the guys made their way out to the stage…
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!
That is all...

Comment and Subscribe!

Rayven Revenge xx