Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 59

I tried to contain the nerves that threatened to overcome me as Arriana, Joey, Korey and I took the stage. I was used to performing by now, but had never performed for a crowd this size. I could see them judging me, nobody really took much notice of female front-women around this town, but I was determined to change everything.

“Good evening, New Jersey.” I spoke into the microphone. “We are About A Burning Fire.”

“FUCK YEAH! BLINDSIDE!” Some random guy with a Mohawk screamed from the crowd.

“Yeah, Blindside are a huge influence on us.” I laughed. “This first song we’re gonna play for you, I wrote about my ex, who is still a very dear friend to me, it’s about the shyness you feel when you really wanna tell that special someone how you feel, but can’t quite seem to make out the words.”

Arriana began strumming away at her Guitar, playing the intro to the song, and I began to sing;

“Chills run down my spine, every time, I see your eyes locked on mine, oh oh… These feelings I keep inside, what is it that I'm trying to hide? This is so confusing, why can't I just reveal it?”

Joey joined in on the Drums, and Korey began playing his Bass as I continued, diving into the chorus;

“I should just tell you the truth, about what I feel, cuz hiding these feelings from you, is so cowardly, I gotta open up, speak my fuckin' mind, stop hiding, and tell you I fucking love you, yeah, I fucking adore you.”

I let a small laugh escape as I looked to the side of the stage to see Gerard with his arm around Frank, who had the goofiest grin on his face. I looked back out to the crowd, and continued to sing;

“You're the craziest little bastard that I know, and you never fail to make me laugh, ya make me smile and, I swear you're insane, but I could care less, so what am I feeling for you?”

“I should just tell you, the truth about what I feel, cuz hiding these feelings from you, is so cowardly, I gotta open up, speak my fuckin' mind, stop hiding, and tell you I fucking love you, yeah, I fucking adore you.”


My bandmates stopped playing as I sang the next few lines, my voice ringing out throughout the tiny venue that was Maxwell’s;

“Maybe one day I'll open up, find the courage to tell you everything, I know I'll stutter and slur my words or maybe you'll beat me to the punchline, and shut me up with a kiss…”

My band began to play again, as we dove into the final chorus of the song;

“I should just tell you, the truth about what I feel, cuz hiding these feelings from you, is so cowardly, I gotta open up, speak my fuckin' mind, stop hiding, and tell you I fucking love you, yeah, I fucking adore you.”

“Oh, yeah I fucking love you, I really adore you...”


I closed my eyes as the sound of the crowd cheering and chanting my band’s name filled my ears and smiled. Gerard was right; It was the ultimate high…
♠ ♠ ♠
And yet another update!
Hope you liked Jackie's song, and it's copyrighted by me, so don't fucking steal it, because I will know!
The title of the song is Speak.
Hopefully you will all hear it one day when my band gets up off the ground :)

Comment and Subscribe!

Rayven Revenge xx