Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 62

Jackie’s POV:

The eight of us walked into the Newark High School gym, feeling immediately disorientated. It looked nothing like the gym we knew. Purple, blue, pink and white streamers and balloons covered every square inch of the ceiling. My First Kiss by 30H!3 featuring Ke$ha blared throughout the gym, and at least three quarters of the Newark High student body covered the dance floor.

Our group walked out onto the dance floor and spread out. I took Gerard’s hand just as My First Kiss ended, and You and Me by Lifehouse began. As we began to dance, Gerard seemed to have zoned out, and a sad expression plagued his face as he looked down at his feet, careful not to tread on mine.

“Gee, what’s wrong?” I asked.
“It’s nothing.” He frowned.
“Gee, it’s never nothing with you, what’s up?”
“It’s just… last time I was at Prom, it was--”
“With Jessica.” I finished for him.
“Yeah.”
“Come here.” I pulled him closer to me, wrapping my arms around him as we continued to dance. “She wouldn’t want you to be sad, baby.”
“I know.” He sighed. “I guess I’m just still hurting from her death.”
“You’ll always be hurting, but it’ll get easier.” I reassured him. “Now c’mon, stop thinking about it, you’ll only make yourself more miserable.”
He smiled briefly.
“Smile baby.”
He smiled again, and this time it stayed on his face…

***

Arriana’s POV:

My First Kiss ended, and Ray walked off to grab a drink. As he walked away, Joey approached me, just as You and Me began to play. He bowed to me gracefully, and held out his hand.

“May I have this dance?” He asked.
I curtseyed. “Of course you may, good sir.” I smiled, taking his hand.
“You look beautiful tonight, Arri.” He said as we began to dance.
“Thank you.” I giggled.
“I like your hair straightened, you should wear it like that more often.”
“Really?” I said, playing with a few strands of it.
“Really.” He smiled.
“You look rather handsome tonight yourself, I must say.” I laughed.
“Thank you.” He grinned.

A content smile spread across his face as we continued to dance. His hold on me tightened. I felt a little bad for it, considering I was with Ray, but I couldn’t help but admire how handsome he looked. It was like he was a completely different Joey. Or maybe… Maybe I was really seeing him for the first time.

The song finished, but Joey didn’t release his hold on me. Instead, he moved his hand to my cheek, and pulled my face to his. His lips met mine and I had no idea why I couldn’t bring myself to pull away. He was my best friend, I thought that was all he meant to me, but obviously, my lips and heart were betraying me.

“Arri?” Ray’s voice croaked.
I pulled away to see him standing there. “Oh god.”
“Ray, it’s my fault, I kissed her, she didn’t kiss me.” Joey defended me.
Ray just shook his head, and walked off into the crowd.
“Ray, I’m sorry!” I called after him, but he didn’t return…
♠ ♠ ♠
Arriana's straightened hair:

Image

3 chapters to go!

Rayven x