Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 63

Ray’s POV:

I couldn’t believe that had just happened. I pushed my way through the crowd of Newark High students, trying to get off the dance floor. I had to get outside and clear my head. But something caught my eye, or rather, someone. Danica was sitting on her own. Her face streaked with tears and mascara running.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.
She looked up at me and wiped at her eyes, which unfortunately only smudged her makeup further. “Sean broke up with me.”
“I’m sorry to hear that.”
“Why? You hate me, everyone hates me.” She croaked.
“I don’t hate you.”
“Yeah, right.” She scoffed. “You’re just saying that to try and make me feel better.”
“I’m not. I think you’re awesome actually.”
She rolled her eyes.
“No really.” I sat down beside her. “I think you’re really smart, and funny, and talented, and…” I laughed. “Beautiful.”
“Really?” She asked, looking at me.
“Yeah.” I said, I could feel my face burning red, I’d had a crush on her since the ninth grade, but gave up when I realized I had no chance.
“Thank you.” She forced a small smile. “Why aren’t you out on the dance floor, aren’t you here with Arriana?”
“Unfortunately, we’re over, as of about two minutes ago.” I frowned, looking down at my hands.
“Oh no.” She said, putting her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.
“Thanks, but it’s okay.” I sighed. “I kinda saw it coming.”
“How?” She asked me.
“I always knew Joey had a thing for her.” I admitted. “They’ve been friends for years, it happens.”
“I’m so sorry, Ray.” She said, placing her hand on mine.

I looked up at her, and a small smile spread across my face. I’d always thought she was really beautiful, despite how bitchy she was most of the time. Truth be told, though, she’d changed a lot since Jessica’s death, she’d become more empathic towards others. I stood up and bowed before her, extending my hand.

“Would you like to dance?” I smiled.
A smile spread across her face, mirroring my own. “I’d love to.”

I led her out onto the dance floor, and she rested her head upon my chest as the two of us slow danced to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls…

Danica’s Prom Dress:

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one night!
Now honestly, that's gotta make up for my lack of updates, right?
Two chapters to go!
Please take the time to comment, it would make my day.

Rayven x