Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 64

Jackie's POV

Iris ended, and the students of Newark High flocked to the stage as Principal Sanders called us to her attention.

“It’s that time of night, I will now announce this year’s Prom King and Queen, would the nominee’s please take the stage?” She spoke.

Gerard took my hand and the two of us ascended the three-step staircase to the stage, Arriana, Ray, Sean & Danica following close behind. I let go of Gerard’s hand to go stand with the girls, and he stood beside Ray and Sean.

“This year’s Prom King is…” Sanders spoke, opening one of the envelopes in her hand. “Sean Walters.”
“YES!” He shouted, walking forward as he was crowned by Principal Sanders.
“Alright, settle down.” Sanders spoke again, making the applause die down. “This year’s Prom Queen is…” She opened the second envelope. “Arriana Gregorio.”

Arriana walked forward, wide eyed with shock. Principal Sanders approached her to crown her head, but just as the tiara barely touched her, Arriana pulled it off, and snatched the microphone away from Principal Sanders.

“I’d like to pay a little tribute to an amazing fictional character, named Cady Heron.” She laughed, snapping the tiara into three pieces. “A piece for Danica Kane, who is always going to be the true Prom Queen, and who has changed for the better this year.” She threw a piece to Danica. “And a piece for Jackie James, my best friend, and the most wonderful person you could ever meet. Before she got here, I was nothing, thank you for everything, I love you.” She smiled, throwing a piece to me. “Alright I’m done, get back to dancing, you fucking animals.” She laughed, giving the microphone back to Sanders.
“Thank you, Arriana, that was a very… um… interesting speech.” She chuckled. “Well, you heard the girl, get back to dancing!”

I watched as Arriana and Sean walked offstage, and had the traditional Prom King and Queen dance. Joey approached Arriana when they were done, and took her hand as they began to dance together. Ray was a few feet away with Danica, and a few feet from him, was Gerard and I.

I smiled as Gerard gazed into my eyes.
“What?” He asked.
“You just look amazing tonight.”
“You do more.” He smiled.
“Everything just seems like it’s fallen into place, at last.” I sighed.
“How so?”
“Look around, Gee.” I turned his attention to our surroundings. “Arriana and Joey are finally together, Ray got the girl of his dreams--”
“So he did, I always knew he liked Danica.” Gerard grinned.
“You’re here with me, and your band is back together.” I finished.
“I suppose you’re right.” He smiled down at me. “Arriana isn’t the only one who’s life has been changed by you being here this year, Jackie. You brought everyone together, you turned enemies into friends, you’ve repeatedly saved mine and guy’s band and friendship, you saved me from my abusive father, and…” He trailed off for a moment. “You’ve stolen my heart, and mended it after it was destroyed by Jessica’s death.” He breathed in deeply. “I love you.”

He pulled my face to his, and kissed me. The students of Newark continued to dance around us, and everything in my life seemed just perfect. Summer was three days away, and this year, I’d have the best friends in the world to spend it with…
♠ ♠ ♠
You're all lucky, I was going to end it there, but as I wrote the ending to this story years back when I first started it, I feel it's only right to use it. I'll see you all next chapter. Please comment.
1 chapter to go!

Rayven x