Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 65

The sound of pebbles bouncing off my bedroom window awoke me from my slumber on the first day of Summer. I crawled out of bed and looked out upon the street outside. A hot pink flame and golden glow caught my eye on the pavement below, where Arriana and Joey stood. I opened my window and leaned out.

“Good morning!” I smiled, waving down at them.
“Come outside!” Arriana yelled.
“Just a minute!” I called back.

I quickly put on a black and white plaid summer dress and a belt to go around my waist, and a simple pair of slip on shoes; it was far too warm to be wearing too much today. I quickly slipped a necklace around my neck and grabbed my bag, before heading outside to meet Arriana and Joey.

Jackie's Outfit:

Image

“SUMMER BREAK, MOTHERFUCKER!” Arriana yelled, and practically jumped me when I got outside. “The sky is blue, the birds are a-singin, the air is warm, and school’s no more!” She recited poetically, slinging one arm around my shoulders and the other around Joey.
“Don’t tell me you’re gonna start being all poetic again.” I laughed.
“Never been poetic, not a day in my life.” She giggled, doing shifty eyes.
“So where are we off to on this fine day?” I asked, feeling a little poetic myself.
“The Toro family garage, my sweet.” Arriana said, tapping my nose.

She skipped off ahead of me, hand in hand with Joey, more bounce in her step than I had ever seen, and that same bounce was in Joey’s step also. I could not have been happier those two had finally gotten together. Now everyone was happy; Ray had Danica, Joey had Arriana, and I had Gerard.

Newark seemed almost dreamlike; I don’t believe I had ever seen the sun shine quite as bright as it did today. The often gloomy, dark streets held a new, inviting glow, bathed in the warmth of the sun, and the chill that normally stung at me as I walked around the neighborhood was nowhere to be found. I felt comfortable here now, far more than I had many months ago.

That was when it hit me; Newark was finally starting to feel like home.

I looked ahead at Joey and Arriana, two of the best friends I had ever had. I felt a smile spread across my face as I remembered Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray and Bob, who were also quite possibly the greatest friends anybody could ask for.

I thanked god that Dad’s work placement was permanent this time, knowing I would never have to leave this place. I would never have to leave such wonderful friends. It had killed me to leave my cousin and the few friends I had had in New York, but I would never have to feel that pain ever again.

I could hear the music almost as soon as we began to walk up Ray’s driveway. I was so proud of the boys for pulling their act together, and even more proud that although they never won Battle Of The Bands, Geoff Rickly had still offered to sign them to Eyeball Records.

“FUCKERS! FUCKERS! FUCKERS!” Arriana yelled as she pulled up the garage door.
“Hello to you too.” Ray laughed..
Gerard approached me, and cupped my face in his hands, giving me a brief, warm kiss, before pulling away. “I have something for you.” He smiled, leading me over to the music stand.

The guys began to play, but it was something entirely new, and Gerard began to sing.

“Oh she came to us from the big city, where the buildings stood tall and the night life was busy, thrust into a world that was totally new, she didn’t know a single face, she didn’t have a clue.” He sang the first verse, and passed me a microphone, encouraging me to sing the chorus with him.

“Oh all my life, shit’s been hectic, from town to town, I just couldn’t take it, but now I’ve found, my own crowd, maybe there’s a place here for me after all, and when the going gets tough, I will always stay strong, hold my head up high, and look towards the sky, I will never let a single thing tear me down, I will rise from the ground.” We sang.

A smile spread across my face, he had written this song for me, I was in awe of his lyrical abilities, it was like a story, in song form. I picked up the second verse, having the melody down pat now.

“Tragedy strikes in the form of death and I lose one of, my closest friends, but even after all the struggle and strife, I carry on, with my life, and she watches over, us all from above, me, her family, and her former love, I still remember, the sound of her laughter, and I will forever, remember her.” I sang.

“Oh all my life, shit’s been hectic, from town to town, I just couldn’t take it, but now I’ve found, my own crowd, maybe there’s a place here for me after all, and when the going gets tough, I will always stay strong, hold my head up high, and look towards the sky, I will never let a single thing tear me down, I will rise from the ground.” We sang.

“After all the troubles and worries and tragedies’, I still found love, and I am so happy, I know who my real friends are, I finally have a home, and this time, I’m not gonna have to let it all go.” I sang on my own, before launching into the chorus one last time with Gerard;

“Oh all my life, shit’s been hectic, from town to town, I just couldn’t take it, but now I’ve found, my own crowd, maybe there’s a place here for me after all, and when the going gets tough, I will always stay strong, hold my head up high, and look towards the sky, I will never let a single thing tear me down, I will rise from the ground. ” We sang.

I kissed Gerard as soon as we had sung the last word of the song, the same fire that always flowed through me warmed my soul, and I melted into his kiss. We pulled away as the guys finished playing, and Gerard’s eyes gazed into mine, a loving smile spread across his beautiful face.

I had wonderful friends, and had found true love, all under the Jersey skies…

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S OVER, NEARLY THREE YEARS OF WRITING, AND FINALLY, IT'S OVER, FINISHED, DONE!

Lack of comments has made me reluctant to write the sequel, if you want the sequel, comment on this story, comment on my Mibba profile, message me, whatever, but you're gonna have to beg me to write it, and really show me that you want the sequel.

Even with the lack of comments though, I've enjoyed writing this the last few years for all of you. Thank you to those have commented and subscribed, that have told me how much you love the story and my writing. It really meant a lot even though everyone's gone quiet lately.

Well, adios! Jersey Skies is done!

Please take the time to read some of my other stories;

Punk Princess
Crash Into My Arms
This Is The Best Day Ever
This Complicated Romance

Rayven x