Status: Complete

Under Jersey Skies

Chapter 8

“Hey Dad” I say, walking into his office and taking up my usual afternoon spot on the couch.
“Hey Jackie, how was school?” Dad asks.
“Yeah, it wasn’t bad” I say, with a smile on my face.
“I’m guessing you and Jessica sorted things out then?” he asks.
“Nah, not yet, I was gonna call her about that a little bit later on” I say.
“In fact I should actually go do that now” I say, and leave Dad’s office.

Grabbing the cordless phone as I walk down the hallway, I go into my room and flop down on my bed, and dial Jessica’s number.

“Hello?” said Marianne, Jessica’s Mum.
“Hey, it’s Jackie again” I said.
“Oh, hi sweetheart, I assume you want to talk to Jess?” she asked.
“Yeah” I said cheerfully.
“Ok, hold on, I’ll get her for you” said Marianne.

The sounds of clicks and scrapes filled my ear as Marianne carried the phone to Jessica’s room.

“Jessica? I’ve got Jackie on the phone for you” said Marianne as she opened Jessica’s bedroom door.
“Yeah, here, give it” said Jessica, and the phone was passed from Marianne’s hand to hers.

“Hey Jess” I said softly.
“Hi Jackie” said Jessica.
“Oh, so I guess we’re on speaking terms again?” I laughed.
“Yeah, I’m sorry” said Jessica.
“You wanna know why I was mad at you and the guys?” she added.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because Gerard knows I love to sing, and we’ve been together for just over a year, and then he asks you to be in his band, when he never, not once, asked me if I might wanna join” Jessica explained.
“Aww dude, I don’t know what to say about that” I said.
“It’s alright, I’m just jealous” said Jessica.
“Really?” I said.
“Yeah, not only are you in Gerard’s band, but you’re a much better singer than I’ll ever be” Jessica replied.
“Jess” I tried argue, but Jessica cut me short.
“No don’t Jackie, you are” she said
“You can sing though” I said
“I’m not as good as you” saidJessica.
“I’m not gonna argue about this anymore, you’re impossible you know that right?” I laughed
“Yeah, I know” said Jessica cheerfully.
“And that’s what we love about you, you never give up until you get what you want” I said.
“Thanks” said Jessica.
“And that’s why I’m gonna tell you that you should talk to Gerard about his band, because if you really want it that badly, you should go for it” I said.
“Hmm” Jessica sighed.
“Oh c’mon, you can’t expect me to handle being the only girl can you?” I whined playfully.
“Yeah, alright, I’ll talk to him” laughed Jessica.
“Yay!” I said in a little kid’s voice, clapping like a retard…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Chapters 1 to 11 are kinda crappy, I got better at writing over time, also, the point of view changes at some point, I can't remember when, but changes from present to past tense later on.