We'll Love Again, We'll Laugh Again, We'll Cry Again, and We'll Dance Again

I Hope I'm Not Mistaken.

Image

---

"I don't understand, Kory. who the hell would want to joke about this stuff?" I heard Marie say on the other side of the phone.

I took a deep breath, and forced myself to keep quiet about it all.

"What if..What if I get emancipated?" She asked suddenly as I thought about it.
"I..I'm not so sure about that Marie." I said honestly.

She might not be able to make it out there.

"This is so irritating!" She finally growled as I heard something crash in the background.
"Don't break things." I said, as I knew I sounded motherly.

In her case, fatherly.

"I don't know what to do." She whailed as I shook my head.
"Just wait for him to call. He will. Sooner or later." I said assuringly.

I ended the phone call with her and I rubbed my face.
He wasn't supposed to call her until the day of her 18th birthday.
Not before.
Not after.
The day of.
"Oh..Gerard." I sighed as I debated on calling him or not to tell him off for nearly blowing it.

"Ello?" I heard him muffle on the other side of the phone.
"Why would you do that?" I asked him as he sighed.
"Don't you want her to know as well? If you were in her position, what would you want?" He asked me.
"I know that I wouldn't want to recieve a random phone call from a brother I didn't know shit about." I said back stubbornly.
"Look I have everything under control. Call her back right now because she is freaking out about nothing. Does Don know you have her number?" I asked him curiously, even though I already knew the answer.
"No." He said softly.
"Well then. We need to go about this, slow and peaceful. Tell her your name but not what you do. Let her ask you questions. If she decides she trusts you, she will tell you. Alright?" I told him.

The call ended and I imagined how Marie would react.
And thought about all the questions she would ask.
The thought of her finding out about him too early scared me a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating.
But I don't think this story is liked much here..
But I'll still update :D.
<3.