We'll Love Again, We'll Laugh Again, We'll Cry Again, and We'll Dance Again

Your Life Will Never Be The Same.

Image

---

I sat at the table, across from my dad eating some chicken..Crap.
I pushed some steamed vegetables around as he seemed to notice my discontent.

"Everything alright?" He asked me as I put my fork down, and he continued to eat.

I looked at his laugh wrinkles, and the wrinkles around his eyes.
Trying to count how many lines there were, stalling.

"Marie?" He asked as I smiled at him a little bit.
"Dad..Why..Why did we move all the way out here?" I asked him as he stopped chewing for a moment, then started again.
"California is the golden state. I had work here to do." He replied.

Not answering the real question behind it.

"I mean..Why didn't we stay in New Jersey." I bravely asked him as he set his fork down.
"Your not of age to hear the story Marie." He said sternly as my eyes narrowed.
"Get past the lies and the rules dad. I want to know. I need to know." I pleaded as he shook his head.
"Why do you want to know all of a sudden?" He asked as I sighed and slammed my hand on the table.
"That shouldn't matter. I live this fucking life of shit, and all you do is work, work, work and not even care about me or what I have to go through. Trust me, you'll regret ever leaving New Jersey!" All the anger came pouring our and I threw my plate full of food at the wall, watching the plate break and stormed up to my room.
His eyes grew, and he didn't even say a word as I left.
I slammed the door to make a point.

"Why the hell is this happening to me?" I growled as I dropped to the ground in frustration.
"My friend dies, my boyfriend cheats on me, my fucking blood brother calls me our of no where, AND my own father won't tell me the truth." I sobbed.
"Oh this is pityful." I whined and sprawled out on the floor.

My father opened the door slowly, noticing me just laying there.
I didn't move, or even look at him as he came in.
He sighed loudly, and sat on the ground next to me.

"Your right." He mumbled as I wiped at make-up that was now running.
"You remind me..So much of your mother." He said quietly as I took in this moment.

Him finally opening up.
Talking about the mom I didn't know.

"Let me tell you all you want to hear.." He started as I listened intently.

All the details, and to why he took me to California instead of my brothers.
For the reasons behind me having this life that I live.
He was nearly done pouring out the last of whatever truth was hidden all these years, my cellphone rang. That same private number came up again as I smiled.

"Hello Gerard." I smiled into the phone as our father's eyes went big, and his mouth slightly fell open.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever.
I'm at least chapter 20 in this story, but I just haven't been writing it up.
Maybe comments will help me type it up faster ? :D