We'll Love Again, We'll Laugh Again, We'll Cry Again, and We'll Dance Again

You Are Never Coming Home, Never Coming Home.

Image

---

I couldn't bring myself to sleep, whatsoever.
It was the fear of waking up, and not bein able to say good by to one of my best friends.
I sat there, unknown to the real danger of how close Miranda was to life, or death.
I didn't understand why she would risk other people's lives as well as her own.
The talks I've had with her.
The talks Marie and I have had with her were just..Not working.
We tried to prevent this.
I guess it wasn't as easy as we thought.

I watched as people started crying from the bad news of their loved ones.
I bit my lip to keep my emotions in check.

"If there is one person to keep alive god, please let it be Miranda." I whispered silently as a coupld of nurses who were taling to each other looked at me.

One nurse walked over to Marie and I, and silently sat down on the chair to the right of me.

"There's no easy way to say this.." She started as I fely my stomach's contents burn in my throat.
"The doctor's tried.." She started all over again, trying to explain to me how my friend died.
"I get it." I said as I put my hand up to stop her in mid-sentence.
She nodded as there was was an eerie silence.
It wasn't awkward, it was just a given.

The nurse left as I felt the sickness coming up quick.
I emptied my late breakfast into a toilet bowl, hearing the noises coming from my throat, echo throughout the bathroom.
I sat next to the toilet, folding my arms over my knees and burying my head in them.
The tears burned my eyes as they stained my hoodie.
What was this fate that Miranda had?
She had to leave this world just so abruptly, didn't she?
That burning sensation returned to my throat yet again, as I threw up nothing, since there was nothing left to give.

I flushed away whatever was in the toilet and started towards the sink.
I saw Marie standing by the door, leaning against the wall.
I pretended like everything was okay while I washed my hands, but she knew.
I knew that she did by the solumn look on her face.
As I rinsed out my mouth, then dried my hands, she still didn't say anything.
When we got into my car to head to Miranda's she still didn't say anything.
But when we were both standing on Miranda's door mat, she let out a loud sigh as we noticed her father's car wasn't there.
So that meant Matt would be home.

When Matt did finally open the door, he was nearly naked, in only his boxers.
His hair was sticking out in different directions and he rubbed his face as I told him what happened.
He nodded a little bit as he kept on looking behind him cautiously.
As we were about to leave, a quiet voice asked Matt who was at the door.
Marie looked past him to see a girl, only covered with a sheet.
She said nothing, yet again as she turned away heading to my car.

I shook my head at Matt as the girl standing behind him got what was happening, and what I suspected was running up stairs to get dressed to leave.
I didn't even listen to what Matt was trying to explain to me as I finally turned away, and also headed to my car.
I slammed my door shut and started the ignition.
'I'm Not Okay' started playing as I bitterly laughed at the irony.
I threw the car in reverse, and sped off back to Marie's house.

As we got to her house, dawn was about to break.
Her dad would be waking up soon, if not already awake.

"Just act normal. He won't notice. And if he askes, we say that we had some early coffee." Marie finally spoke up as she started taking off her hoodie.

I nodded and took off mine as well, us both throwing them in the back.

We took off our shoes, and put them by the front door as we walked inside.
Her dad was no where to be found, and we crept up the stair case to her room.
As we go comfortable in her bed again, we looked at each other.
Really, looked at each other.

"Your my best friend Kory. I just hope you know that." She murmured as I smiled at her.
"And your mine." I said back as she buried her face into her pillow.

Her shoulders shook as all the emotions from the morning came spilling out.
I rubbed her shoulder as a sob ripped from her throat.
I fell asleep as the sun rose, and spilled into the room.
Hoping, wishing, praying, that god had everything under control.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in a bit.
But I hope this is good for you all.
I'm already on Chapter 10 in my notebook for this story.
And I only keep on going.
I'm so excited.
So, in the next week or two, look out for updates.
More like subscribe :D
Thanks for reading so far, and being oh so patient <3.
- JJ