Status: active ; IF I GET COMMENTS !

Dear, June.

four.

I pulled open the mahogany front door of my house and stepped outside. I stared at my feet as I padded across my lawn and to the Barakat’s front door.

I was more than excited to spend some time with Jack. I mean, it beats spending my Saturday with my mentally insane brother. I don’t even think he’s up yet and it’s about two o’clock. Such a slacker.

I lifted up my fist to knock on the Barakat’s door but it was opened before I could bring my fist down.

“I didn’t know you were a physic, Jack Sprat,” I grinned up at him.

He shrugged innocently, “Neither did I.”

“You're a Jack of all trades,” I told him, still grinning.

He tapped my nose, “Very clever, Ms. Weston.”

“So, Mr. Barakat, what are we doing today?”

He held up a key ring with multiple keys dangling from it, and a keychain that read ‘I Heart Hotcakes’, “We’re going to explode the magical land of Lutherville.”

“You heart hotcakes?” I chortled.

“Yes, Clumsy,” he grabbed my arm and dragged me to his blue Honda Civic.

“I feel like I'm being kidnapped,” I told him as he dragged me along.

“That’s because you are,” he unlocked the car and got in the driver’s side. I got in on the passenger’s side, figuring it wouldn’t be a good idea to sit on Jack’s lap as he drove.

“Liar liar pants on fire,” I stuck my tongue out at him as I buckled my seat belt.

He started up the car and pulled out of the drive way, “And how old are you?”

“Old enough,” I informed him. I reached out for the radio, but my hand was slapped before I could touch it. “Why won’t you let me touch your stuff, Jack? I mean, first the door, now this.”

“You could have small pox,” he explained, but I couldn’t help but notice the grin that was creeping onto his handsome face.

“I'm pretty sure the last person to have that disease was George Washington.”

“AIDS?”

“Negative.”

“Cooties!” Jack exclaimed. “I know you have cooties.”

“Maybe I should wear rubber gloves around you then,” I offered up.

“Good idea, Crazy,” he agreed.

I could feel myself beaming. What was it about this guy that I couldn’t stop smiling whenever I was around him? I’ve know him for what? Two days? But it feels like I've known him my whole life—as cliché as that sounds.

The rest of the car ride was filled with small talk, laughter, and the voice of Andrew McMahon. I found out that Jack’s Mannequin was one of Jack’s favorite bands. At least the boy had good taste in music.

When the car finally stopped we were in the parking lot of a rather large mall.

“You took me to the mall?”

“I thought you should experience an American mall,” he said.

I gave him a strange look, “I've been to the mall before, Jack.”

“But this is an American mall, June.”

Ignoring his reasoning, I said, “I think that’s the first time you called me by my name.”

“American mall,” Jack repeated grabbing my forearms and shaking me, ignoring what I said.

I nodded my head, “American mall.”

~

Jack had taken me to about a billion different stores, made me eat several various things from the food court, and even made me ride with him on a kiddy ride. Needless to say, I was having the time of my life. I don’t see how I could have a bad time with Jack.I was just crushing on him so much. He was just too amazing of a person.

“Hey Clumsy?” Jack said, getting my attention as I looked longingly at a Panic! At The Disco shirt in Hot Topic.

“Yeah?” I replied, not taking my eyes from the shirt. I loved P!ATD. To me, they were different from every band out there, and that’s what I liked about them. I was definitely into different things.

“Wanna head back to my house? There’s some people I’d like you to meet,” he tugged on my hand, obtaining my attention.

“Um, sure,” I smiled up at him. “Lemme buy this shirt first, though.” I grabbed the shirt in my size, took it to the cashier, paid for it, then me and Jack were on our way back to his house.

We ended up in the basement, where I noticed an assortment of band equipment was set up.

“You’re in a band?” I asked Jack as we made our way to a large, comfy couch that sat against the back wall.

“Yup,” he nodded his head, his blonde bangs flopping over his eye. “I play guitar.”

“Really? That’s peachy keen. I play the spoons,” I beamed shabbily at him.

“That’s s exy,” he chortled.

I kicked off my moccasins. “Don’t I know it? Back in Vancouver the boys couldn’t keep their hands off of me. Neither could the girls.”

Before Jack could respond I heard the basement door open followed by multiple sounds of feet walking down the steps.

“Band’s here,” Jack got of the couch and pulled me to my feet. “Try not to be so weird, Clumsy.”

“Alright, I won't,” I told him just as three good-looking boys appeared in front of me.

“Guys, meet June,” Jack motioned a large hand towards me. “June, meet Alex, Rian, and Zack.”Mmm Alex.

Just as I was about to say something witty, a stunningly gorgeous brunette dressed in a cute yellow dress appeared beside the three boys. But she didn’t stay there long—nanoseconds later she shrilled “Jack!” and smashed her lips against his. Milliseconds later I could feel my whole body become consumed with burning, raging jealousy.
♠ ♠ ♠
ughhh , i swear this is goin' somewhere o:

comments , love ?
thannks for all the feedback i've been getting (: