Status: active ; IF I GET COMMENTS !

Dear, June.

five.

I gazed quizzically at my reflection in the full-length mirror that hung on the back of my bedroom door. Today was my first day attending an American high school, and I had to make sure I looked. . . presentable.

I took a good twenty minutes straightening my long, honey-blonde tresses, a good ten minutes applying my dramatic, yet natural make-up, and about five minutes getting dressed, only because I picked out my outfit out last night. My outfit was: a green three-quarter length sleeved baseball tee, a tight fitting pair of skinny jeans, light tan moccasins, my silver locket my father gave me for my thirteenth birthday, and a few colorful bracelets I braided this summer.

In my opinion, I thought I looked rather cute, but when Jeffrey barged into my room and said, “Are you trying to look like a ten year old boy?” I started to think otherwise.

Even though I’m normally over confident, today I felt very nervous. Whether if it was because it was my first day of school or because I was worried about what Jack would think . . . even though he had a girlfriend. Well, I'm not entirely sure that brunette was his girlfriend, but what else would she be? I mean, they’re always all over each other.

Anytime Hannah—that was her name—was around, I tried to keep my distance. So if Jack invited me over to hang out, me, Alex, Rian, and Zack would usually go ditch Jack and Hannah and have some our own fun. I had grown to like the other members of All Time Low, almost as much as I liked Jack.Especially Alex. Almost. But, of course, none of them were as great as Jack—or maybe there were but I was just too hung up on Jack to even realize it.

“At least I don’t look like a wannabe emo boy,” I retorted to Jeffrey’s comment and grabbed my messenger bag and trudged downstairs.

“At least I look like my own gender,” he trailed behind me.

“And you like your own gender too,” I snatched up my Toyota’s keys out of the key bowl near the front door and walked outside.

“Can't you come up with anything other than gay jokes?” Jeffrey made a ‘tsk’ sound. “It’s quite pathetic.”

“Well, those affect you the most,” I told him, opening my car door and getting inside. Jeff followed suit on the other side of the car. “So I'm gonna keep using them. ‘Kay, little bro?” I smirked victoriously. Jeff hated being younger than me—even if it was only by six minutes—so I held it over his head constantly.

“I act older,” he hastily added.

“Like that matters,” I started the car and let it idle.

Which caused Jeffrey to agitatedly ask, “Do you plan on driving to school, or are we gonna sit here all day?”

“As tempting as sitting here all day sounds; no, we are going to school. But I'm just waiting for Jack. I promised I'd give him a ride today.”

The ends of Jeffrey’s normally solemn lips turned upwards and he sang, “Jack and June sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

“I haven’t kissed him yet,” I glowered.

“Doesn’t mean you haven’t wanted to,” he said cheerfully.

“He has a girlfriend,” I informed. “I think.”

Jeff raised one thick, brown eyebrow, “What do you mean ‘I think’?”

“I mean I've seen them kiss and everything but he’s never actually said she was his girlfriend,” I clarified. “Her name’s Hannah.”

“Friends with benefits,” he stated in a sing-song voice.

“You don’t know that,” I argued.

“Then why don’t you ask him?” Jeff wanted to know.

“Ask who, what?” Jack inquired as he suddenly opened a car door and hopped in the backseat.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, “Um, nothing . . . it’s not important.”

“I think it’s important,” Jeff made known, sending a wink my way.

I glared at him, “No one cares what you think, Jeffrey.”

“Leila might,” Jack added bitterly.

I groaned at his comment and pulled out of the driveway. Roughly ten minutes later I was standing in the bustling halls of Dulaney High School.

I looked nervously at all the lively people crowding around me. I have never seen so many teenagers in once place in my life. Back in Canada, Jeffrey and i attended a small, quiet private school. Public school and private school are nothing alike.

I didn’t know what I was supposed to do, where I was supposed to go, more importantly I didn’t even know where I was—other than in the hallway.

A manly arm snaked around my shoulders, startling me half to death. But when I turned my head and a recognizable handsome face stared back at me, a wave of relief washed over me.

“Welcome to Dulaney, June,” Alex Gaskarth smirked down at me; his dark brown bangs partially covered his matching dark brown eyes. “Isn’t it just quaint?”

“Nice choice of words, Alex,” I told him, brushing the hair out of his face, “If it were opposite day. You know, you should really get a clip for these things,” I suggesting, referring to his bangs.

Alex mimicked my behavior, “You know, you should really get a clip for these things.”

I grabbed his calloused hand and pulled it off my head, “Are you mocking me, Alex?”

“Are you mocking me, Alex?” His tone was now an octave higher.

“You're macho, macho,” I giggled, falsely flexing my arms.

Alex squeezed my muscles, “I think Zack may have some competition, Manly.”

“I am not manly,” I pouted, tugging my arm out of Alex’s grip and folding them across my chest.

“You’re right—you’re too cute to be manly,” he placed a kiss on my cheek.

My heart started beating faster and I felt my cheeks turn scarlet. It felt like a gallon of bouncy balls had been dumped into my stomach. “Um, do you know where locker 346 is?”

“Are you serious?” Alex asked. I had noticed his cheeks were some what flushed.

I nodded my head, a bit confused.

“That’s right next to me!” he exclaimed. “I'm locker 347.”

“Stellar,” the bouncy balls quit moving in my stomach and I feel like myself again.

Alex stuck his arm out for me to take it, “Shall we?”

I took his arm, “We shall.”

As we walk to our lockers I can't help wonder what had just happened.

Is it possible I’m falling for Alex too?Duh.
♠ ♠ ♠
i kinda changed this :/
idk if you guys'll like this or nott .
so , please , tell me .
also , i'd love to know what ya'll think about the new layout ?