Surrounded By Familiar Faces

You Said You'd Be Back Home

Ashley and Kevin sat on ether side of me in the backseat of the yellow taxi cab, on our way over to my grandmother's house to stay for the night.
My grandmother was the type of person everyone loved and that loved everyone. Ashley and Kevin were no exception.
They eagerly point outside their windows, asking questions about the hot dry city of Tempe Arizona. I happily answered all of their questions. Tempe, Arizona is the city I was born in, I knew everything about it, even though my parents packed us up and left. Tempe, Arizona is my home again.
When the cab came to a stop I looked past Kevin and at the pale blue house that sat before us
Crisp, polished, green grass stood into front of my grandmother's house, Flowers bordered the house forming a frame around a pretty picture. A picture that I had pieced together so many times from foggy memories.
I shoved Kevin out of the car, running to the trunk before the cab had even opened his mouth to see if we needed help.
I pulled all of our stuff out of the car, handed the cabbie his money and abonanded Kevin, Ashley and their stuff standing at the curb as I moved like lightning, to my grandmother's front door.
Kevin and Ashley ran up the sidewalk at the sound of my fist aganist the door, telling me to lam down.
My smile grew when I my grandmother pulled her oak door out from my under my fist. She still looked the same wrinkled face, the same graying red hair, the same plump figure that was wrapped in a floral dress.

"Holly!" She squeled.

I threw my arms around my grandmother's neck almost tackling her to the ground, I could hear giggles behind me, coming from Kevin and Ashley's lips.
I pulled myself away from my grandma, giving her a chance to breath.

"Hey Grandma Hardwick!" Kevin and Ashley say in unison.

"Hey girls!" She says, this time wrapping her arms around them.

"I was so glad to hear that you two desided to join Holly here." She said as she let go of them.

"We couldn't let her come alone, she's told us to many good stories." Kevin says while laughing.

"Thanks for letting us stay the night while our stuff is getting here." I say after my cheeks cooled down from chuckling with Ashley.

"It's a pleasure. I actully have a surpise for you girls." My grandmother says smirking.

"A surprise?" Ashley askes raising her eyebrows.

"Yes." My grandmothe says to us before walking out of the foriuor and into the living room.

We followed her eximent growing and when I stepped into the room fully it exploded.

"Pat!" I squeled and jumped on my childhood best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile but I was reading where the bright lights burn and I felt ispired.