Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 1: New Life.

I began to cry, as most human infants will do at some point or another. I still had extremely sensitive ears. Neko demon's did tend to have sensitive hearing, even after they're reborn as humans. The babies around me had started crying because someone awoke one of them. I hadn't been sleeping. All the screaming around me hurt my ears, so I joined in the howling. I could remember so much of my life. I had been betrayed by the one person I thought I could trust. His name: Yoko Kurama, of course. Just like he betrayed old and uselessly greedy partners, he betrayed me.

The nurse finally got all of the other children to calm down, I was still whimpering loudly as if I hurt all over. She came over to me, picked me up, and slowly moved me up and down against her. It was oddly comforting. I fell asleep, quickly forgetting about my plans for vengeance.
............................................................................................................................................................................

"Momo! Wake up!" A girl's voice screams in my ear, jolting me back into reality. I still remember that I hate the silver-haired fox that turned me over to the humans. I hate being one of them, but it is the only way to exact my revenge. I had learned that he had been seriously injured, on the point of death, but escaped to the human world. I wish I had been that lucky. I push my head up so that I am looking at the person that had screamed in my ear.

I glare up at Keiko, she just does not understand how much rest I need. It is difficult for me to maintain a spirit search over the city and the surrounding area's for that traitor. She usually doesn't talk to me either, but sometimes she will. I am really starting to get annoyed. She needs to choose whether or not she wants to make a friendly bond with me or not.

"Yes, oh mighty Class Rep?" I reply sarcastically, letting my eyes roll to show just how much I really care for the pathetic human.

She looks taken aback, as if I had insulted her. "W..Well, Yusuke and I were planning on hanging out with some friends today after school, we were wondering if you'd like to hang out with us."

It is my turn to stare at her. I quickly shake away the look of shock and surprise and look at my watch. I have a few hours to kill, I might as well. "Sure, I have nothing better to do. What was the homework, though?" I ask, looking up at her curiously now.

"I was planning on making our little hang out session into a study group, that way Yusuke can't chicken out." She answers quietly, leaning forward to make sure that no one else will hear. The thought shocks me once, but I begin giggling, quickly joined by the girl in front of me.

I stand up and begin to move to the back of the room when Yusuke speaks up. "Do we really have to hang out with her? She's a freak even by my standards."

The words cut deep. I don't like it, but becoming human has made me so much more emotional. I grab my bag, smoothing out the skirt of my uniform before walking out of the class room, calling out behind me. "Never mind. Thank you for the invitation Keiko, but I can tell when I'm not wanted."

"Meet us at the arcade! Okay?!" Keiko calls after me, and I can hear the sound of flesh hitting flesh. That lets me know that Yusuke has just been slapped.

I walk home slowly. It wouldn't mean much if I showed up anyways. Some of my hair falls over my shoulder. I let it stay there for a bit, and sigh. I am seriously contemplating getting a haircut. Waist-length black hair is just so difficult to keep from falling over your shoulders, and healthy. I get home and slipp my key into the slot of the keyhole.

I open the door, instantly greeted by the scent of liqueur. Father has gone off the deep end again. I move quickly, making sure the door was securely closed before I moved off towards my room. I sit down on my bed, making sure the door to my room was locked. Little brother's are such brats when they are thirteen year-old twins. I strip free of my uniform, and pull on a pair of black skinny jeans, and a light blue tank top. I look myself over in the full-mirror I have in my room, I am no fully pleased. I pull the tank top off and throw it on the floor. I pull out my black and white striped shirt, it has short sleeves that come just under my shoulder sockets. It fits my thin frame well. It does make my breasts look bigger than the b-cup that they are. I pick out a pair of black shoes that look like converse that stop at the ankles. For make up I put on a little bit of pink lip gloss. It make them look shinier and much more kissable, I also pull out a hat that looks like a pair of cat ears on a cap, it is black except for the insides of the ears, those are a light pink.

I smile to myself and looke myself over. This would definitely make Yusuke wish he'd been nicer to me in the classroom. The only color that really pops are my bright green eyes, and the pink in my ears. I walk out of my room, moving as quickly as I can to the front door, carrying my shoes. I reach the door where I put my shoes on over my white socks, tying the strings into small bows, then push the loops into my shoes. I stand up to go, and two hands rest on my shoulders, shoving me against the front door.

"Where are you going all dolled up lil' lady?" My drunken father says, pushing his body against my back, pressing me in against the door. I shove him off of me, and run out of the house, trotting towards the arcade.

Sometimes, I really hate my new life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own any of these characters, except for Momo.