Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 2: Waiting.

I watch the area in front of me, making sure I don't run into anything. The arcade is just up ahead. I stop running as soon as I make it to the front of the shop full of games. I am slightly bent over with my hands on my knees, breathing quickly, and deeply.

I finally catch my breathe and look up to see that no one has arrived. I had known that it would be something to embarrass me. I feel like I am being pessimistic. I straighten up and press my back lightly against the side of the building. I think to myself about the things that could be happening, or what are. I pull my hat off, brushing a couple of locks of hair so that they are over my shoulders. I pull the hat back on, tugging lightly at the ears so that they stand up some.

I let my eyes close half way, my gaze fixed on a certain spot of the ground. People always tell me they don't like my eyes, that they are the mark of a monster. I always wonder how they'd react if they knew that I had been a monster in my past life. I am getting extremely bored of this world. And, I am starting to think I should stop searching for Yoko. I'd been in this area for fifteen years, and his energy hasn't surfaced once. He must have gone to another part of the world.

I look up at the sky, the blue so bright, the color and serenity of it bringing an instant smile to my lips. The little spirits and demons, the only thing making the sky look like it needed a major make over, flew about in the air.

I continue to smile, ignoring all of the filthy little bugs. I feel so calm, so serene, I can fall asleep.

"Momo! You actually came out!" A familiar female voice came to my ears from down the sidewalk. I'd begun to zone out, but wake up instantly at the sound of Keiko's voice. I push my body from the wall, turning to her with a broad smile. I try to put as much kindness and happiness as I can into the smile.

"Of course. I said I would, didn't I?" I reply coolly, moving my arms so that my hands are nestled cozily in the pockets of my jeans. I open my eyes so that I can let her see that I really appreciated the invitation.

Yusuke opened up his mouth, and had to ask something so stupid that I wanted to murder him. "Wow. How did you manage to make yourself look so sexy?"

"You jerk! She always looks like this. It's the uniform that makes her look so strange." Keiko replies for me, giving the green haired idiot a well placed slap. I giggle, moving my arms once more so that they are stretched out straight above me, a small yawn escaping my lips.

I let my arms fall back to my sides, my fingers wiggling around slowly. "So, when do I get to meet these friends of yours?" I curiously quip, crossing my arms just under my breasts, making them squish together.

Yusuke actually answers me, walking up so that he is right in front of me. "They'll be here in a bit. I do have to ask something though."

"Go ahead." I sigh, letting my left hand move from just under my breasts to be between them, the palm of the hand resting on my cheek.

"Why don't you come out more often? And how'd you manage to get your breasts so big?" He asks bluntly..

I jump slightly, feeling my cheeks fill with blood quickly, which tells me that I am clearly blushing. I don't realize it until after the fact, but I had managed to unwrap my arms from my bust line, and had slapped him hard enough that the smacking sound actually echoed a bit in the small alley-like street. When I realize just what I'd done, my eyes go wide and I begin to bow repeatedly, as fast as I can, saying the words, "I'm sorry," over and over again.

The force of my slap had actually sent Yusuke back onto his bottom, so he sits there, rubbing his cheek and staring up at me. "Wow. And I thought Keiko's slaps were hard." He cheerfully states. Looking back eventually at Keiko, "Her slap is just as painful as yours is."

Keiko starts laughing, and since I had bowed once again I had to turn my head up to look at her. Curiosity evident in my eyes.

"I think we missed something interesting, guys. I don't mind this view though!" An annoyingly scratchy voice speaks up behind me. I straighten up immediately and turn around to glare at Kuwabara. That's when I get a good look at who he had been talking to, though I'd thought it had been his gang friends.

Turns out he'd been talking to a couple of other people. The one that is shorter has black hair, that looks as if it is defying gravity. He is wearing a black cloak, black pants with black boots, and a white little strip of cloth that covers his forehead. His skin was a fairly normal tone, which means that he is automatically darker than me, but what catches my attention are his red eyes. An clear marker of a fire demon. I do not let my thoughts out, though I am sure It would bug me enough eventually to finally say it out loud. I look at the other person. He is taller than Yusuke, but a bit shorter than Kuwabara. He is wearing a magenta pair of pants with a magenta coat that had gold outlining. His hair is such a bright vibrant red that it makes Kuwabara just look like an orange headed boy. I let my gaze finally rest on his eyes, which captures my attention. I finally let out what I feel I need to ask.

"Let me guess. Animal spirit?" I speak quietly, indicating the red haired man. "And a fire demon?" I indicate by jabbing my thumb at the shorter one.

Everyone stands there, shocked at the fact I'd just mentioned spirits and demons, but what told me that I was right is that they all look at one another, trying to see if one of the others had told me.

Then they all ask at the same time, "How'd you know?"

I giggle loudly, moving my arms so that my left hand covered my lips to hide them from sight, the elbow of that arm resting on the arm that was now just under my breasts. "We should get somewhere so that people won't look at us weird."

I smile, knowing full-well that they don't want to wait for an answer, but they have to or they risk being exposed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I own none of the characters. Except for Momo of course~