Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 3: The Explanation.

We manage to get to a cafe that isn't very far from the arcade. The person that showed us to our table had put us in a booth near the back. We are in a spot were there aren't many people around. It makes things easy for us all to talk freely, though we still need to look over our shoulders.

"Start talking little girl." The boy with red eyes speaks in a cold and irritated voice. He looks like he isn't a very pleasant person.

The sound of his anger makes me giggle, as if what he is saying is funny. I think to myself, thinking about how I am surrounded by mostly handsome men. Then I let out a small sigh, and smile up at all of them. Well, the one's in front of me at least. We'd been divided up so that the man named Hiei was sitting across from me, Shuichi was sitting next to me, Yusuke was on the end, Keiko was sitting across from him, and Kuwabara was between Hiei and Keiko.

I am fairly curious as to why Shuichi was placed next to me. "As you wish. Little Fire demon." I say, smiling innocently as if I hadn't just intentionally insulted him. "If you can't see, Shuichi's eyes and my own are the same, and I was an animal spirit in my past life."

I stop talking, little cakes being placed in front of each of us. Except for the one that was placed between me and Shuichi. I look at him, a little nervous smile creeping across my lips. "Is it just me, or does it feel like everyone's trying to make us into some kind of couple?" I ask him, genuinely curious.

"That may be the case." He replies. His voice makes my heart skip a beat, and I can just feel my cheeks burning from embarrassment. "Do continue. I'm sure we'd all like to hear how you got here."

I nod, my fingers intertwining themselves, moving to be pressed against my lips slightly, my elbows rest on the table. I lean forwards a bit, a small sigh escaping me. "I'm in this world... For vengeance. I was betrayed, and that betrayal.. Lead to my death." I say as coolly as I can, not letting the sudden rage that filled me show.

"What are you talking about, you're clearly alive. Are you sure it's not just some crazy dream you had?" Kuwabara states clearly. It did not sound much like him, but it had come from him. I swear.

I laugh bitterly, coldly, opening my eyes wide so that he can see the brightness of my emerald iris's. "My eyes are the same as Shuichi's. That mean's he and I are kindred spirits, that means we're the same. He is obviously an animal spirit. Of which species I am unsure, but I know that he and I are more similar to one another than any of the others at this table."

Hiei leans forward, using one of his hands to pull mine from my lips, his other hand moving to my chin to pull it up so that I was looking up into his eyes. It seriously took me by surprise, I actually consider slapping his hands away, but stop the thought just by feeling the force he is holding back. I stare up at him as blankly as I can, though I am quite sure the color on my cheeks is as dark a red as Shuichi's hair. "And can you tell us the name of the person that betrayed you?"

"I can, but I doubt you'd know him. I've been using up all the spirit energy that I have to spread out a spirit energy search. He's probably off in some other country or something." I coolly reply. I let my eyes roll to see that no one has noticed Hiei's move, no one except for the people at our own table.

The fingers on my chin tighten their grip, making it so that I am staring up at him. "Try us."

"Fine then. He was a silver haired fox. His eyes were gold. He was one of the greatest thieves known to human and demon kind. I knew him for over a thousand years. His name.. Before he'd been injured and came to this world: Yoko Kurama." I look up at him coldly, as if the name left a bad taste in my mouth, and I feel Shuichi stiffen next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I own none of the characters, except for Momo of course~~