Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 4: Why?!

I look at them all slowly, the only one that looks even the least bit confused about who I am talking about was Keiko.

I let my gaze finally fall on Shuichi. His eyes are wide, the look in them is almost fear. Not quite, but almost. All the looks are definitely strange. So strange that I have to giggle. I move to have my back against the squishy part our booth seat. With a quick movement of my leg I crossed it so that it was on top of my other leg. My arms are wrapped around my torso, just under my breasts, squishing them together and making them look bigger than they already do in my shirt. My lower lip jutting out some, making my lips into a small pout, I open my mouth so that it was an angry, "O," like pout, eyebrows knitting together.

"Why are you all staring at me like that?" I ask them.

Hiei has moved to be sitting back in his seat, his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes are closed, but I feel like he is still staring at me, watching me. "No reason. We could easily find him though."

Shuichi stiffens up next to me once again. I let out a small sigh, looking at him once, then back to the shorter male. I just have to ask him a couple more questions. "This is a bit off topic, but do you have the Jagon? And what do you mean by, 'We could easily find him,'?"

"You're very observant. Yes I do. And I mean exactly what I said, we could easily find Yoko Kurama. We might not tell you were he is though." The short fire demon in front of me replied, managing to deepen my brow's furrow. "At least.. Not for free."

I glare at him. I know what he means. How do I know? He'd sent images into my mind of what he'd like to do to me. I can definitely tell my cheeks are a bright red, and that everyone is staring at me. I take the slight distraction to kick him, but continued thinking of the images. There's always a way to trick someone that can read your mind. My foot smashed against his shin, bringing a loud pain and surprise filled shriek from him. Everyone in the cafe jumps, turns in their seats, and stares at the short man in shock. The look on his face brought loud giggles from the people sitting around our table.

Hiei didn't waste time to send new images, the same as before, only more violent. That stopped my giggles. I can only say one word, but it was enough to bring a cruel smirk to his lips. "Pervert."

Everyone at our table looks at me, wondering what has made me say such a thing. Shuichi must be as smart as I am, maybe even a bit smarter, because he figures out what has made me say such a vulgar word. I know that since he glares at Hiei as well and repeats the word I'd just uttered.

Another set of images enters my mind. Not violent, but there was an extra man. I let out an exasperated groan. Looking at the window that is right next to me. I shiver, clasping my hands together I let my foot start jiggling some, my eyes wide as I look out at the sidewalk. A loud crack rings through the cafe, bringing a loud scream from a few of the girls in the building. I cling to the person closest to me, hiding my face in against his neck. An arm wraps around my waist, pulling me in closer, with one hand resting on my hip, the other on the top of my head, he was very warm.

I place my hands on the chest of the man holding me, I take hold of his school uniform jacket, pulling myself as close as I can to the man. A whistle and a scratchy voice let me know that I had done something embarrassing. "Wow man, you work fast!"

I jump back, looking at the table in front of me, my hands resting on my lap in small fists. I can't tell if I am still blushing, but I am quite sure that my face is purple from embarrassment.

"S..So.. Where is Kurama? There's no price I'm not willing to pay for my vengeance." I address the question to Hiei. I grip lightly at my jeans, squeezing my insides slightly, because to be honest, I wasn't ready for what the boy sitting right across from me has planned as payment for the information.

"I don't think you want to know just yet, Little One." Says a deep and handsome voice next to me. I continue to stare at Hiei for a few more seconds, when the nickname that the traitor often used for me finally clicks with my memories.

I jump, feel my eyes go wide and turn my head so that I am staring at the bloody red headed boy next to me. My eyes are shaking slightly, and then his eyes went wide and he covered his mouth, staring back at me as if he hadn't meant to use the nickname at all. My eyes slowly move from a shocked stare, to a heated glare.

"You... Traitor." I let the words come out slowly, my glare slowly softening from what it was, to a sad and hurt glare. My eyes beginning to burn, the stinging sensation let me know tears were coming, the wetness dripping down my cheeks told me that they had begun their decent down my face. "Why... Did you betray me?"

The look in his eyes, nearly mirror mine. Except, his were filled with pain, and guilt. He and I began to shake a bit, a clearly shaky sigh escaping me.

I ask my question once more. "Why?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I own none of these characters. Except for Momo~~