Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 7: Grandmother!

After minutes of tears, that seem to take forever to end, I'm just standing there. Pressing myself against the man I thought I would have enjoyed killing. Thought I'd enjoy showing the torture of my last hours of life. I don't know what the people around us are thinking, but I know it must be odd for me to be hugging someone that I had been saying I'd kill.

But before a single one of them can ask a question, a raspy voice echoes down the steps.

"What are you dimwits doing just standing there?"

I pull back from the man I had basically been clinging to and stand there almost ashamed. The voice sounds familiar though.

"We were coming up to see you, Grandma. But we got a little distracted." Yusuke answers. His tone isn't very respectful, but the look on his face says he has a great deal of respect, maybe even the kind of love a boy has for his mother, for the woman looking down at us.

The woman says, in an extremely annoyed fashion, "Then hurry up and follow me."

Which we do.

I'm not as far back as I had been, but I'm still far from walking next to Kurama. The thudding in my chest is confusing me. I had started liking Hiei more and more. But I don't know him. Not like I know Yoko.

The only other thing running through my mind is, where I could possibly have heard the woman's voice. I'm usually very good at placing voices with faces. I’m sure it has something to do with my mother's side of the family. She always said that her mother was an amazing psychic and that levels of spirit energy like ours ran in the family. Though, that woman has no idea that most of my energy is from what I used to be. The power of my family has yet to awaken.

At the top of the stairs, is an unbelievably beautiful shrine. It looks like it's built into the side of the mountain, though that was a factor to it’s beauty, everything was just, amazing.

"Momo, what are you doing hanging with these dimwits. The only one even close to being in your league is Keiko. Shuichi might be intellectually as smart as you for his age, but the rest..." Says the woman, then I see her. I hadn't had a very good view of her until now. And instantly, I remember who she is. .

I scream one word with a great deal of enthusiasm, running towards the old woman. I only mean to hug her, but a memory hits me seconds away from the woman.

“Grandmother!”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Grandmother! Please? It’s just a hug?” I ask. I’m only ten years old.

I had run away from home again, only to wind up here at Grandmother Gen Kai’s shrine. I only want a hug. Is a hug really that terrible? Especially considering what my father had done to me? With all the bruises visible enough that any normal human would have taken me into their arms by now.
But Grandmother Gen Kai doesn’t give hugs.

“No. If I gave you hugs every time you came crying, you’d be spoiled rotten,” she answers, placing her hand atop my head. Her eyes are so sad. “You should get your mother to take you out of that terrible man’s place.”

“But she won’t. She doesn’t seem to care that he’s hurting her, much less me. That man has his talons so tightly gripped around her, she’d never even think to leave.” I reply. Small tears welling in my eyes, realizing just how terrifying my situation is. “Do you think, he’ll kill me, Grandmother?”

“Maybe.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Has that man been bugging you again? I don't see why your mother hasn’t left him yet." Right after she had says it, I wish she hadn't. That is a whole can of worms that do not want touched for a while. Or, ever, for that matter. No one needs to know what is going on at home.

"Can we not, talk about that, please? Ever?" I ask her sweetly, though I'm sure that everyone around is curious now.

When I'm not looking, Hiei sneaks up on me, and tugs my hat, that had long since fallen, and I'd thought was lost, onto my head.

"We should go inside, and get comfortable so we can all sort this out. Don't you all agree?" The fire demon says in an oddly calm voice. Though he looks like he isn’t feeling a thing, I can tell he is full of rage. That he wants to learn the identity of the man "bothering" me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys know the drill! But, if any of you find any mistakes just tell me. I try to be as grammatically correct as I can. But any help you offer is greatly appreciated. I only own Momo~ And the father and mother. Though they weren't really in this much.