Spirit World ((The gang From YYH))

Chapter 8: The Culprit!

We're all sitting around a long rectangular table. I'm sitting next to Grandmother Gen Kai, who is sitting at the head of the table. Across from me is Hiei, and next to me is Yoko. Next to Hiei, is Keiko and next to her is Yusuke. Kuwabara is sitting next to Yoko. There is one or two spots left at the table, and I wonder if there's going to be anyone joining us.

"Tell me who this man that's been bothering Momo is." Says a deep voice right across the table from me. I can feel my jaw drop, showing just how speachless I feel. He'd asked it so blatantly that I couldn't help but be shocked.

The voice was calm, collected, which didn't seem right for Hiei. He seems more like the kind of person that would kill you before he'd get your name.

Grandmother must have thought the same because she asked: "What will you do if I tell you?"

"I'll make him pay for hurting, upsetting, and bothering Momo." Was his reply.

Everyone is quiet for a few minutes. I'm sure none of us really knows what to say.

I feel my mouth open, but just as it opens, so does the door to the room that is just behind me. I jump with a small yelp of terror escaping me. A young girl's voice wafts in, along with a man's. Hiei's face goes blank. Kuwabara turns around and screams, "Yukina!" Confusion fills my mind and I turn to find a young female in the doorway. There's a man behind her. Tall, bulky. I can't see much except his chin because of how tall he is.

The young girl has bright green hair, and crimson eyes. Much like Hiei's.

"An Ice Maiden." I say aloud. Everyone looks at me for a second, but the girl looks at me shocked. She seemed to think I was a normal person and shouldn't have been able to know she wasn't human.

"How'd you know?" She asked. Her voice is sweet and cute. I answer her in as flat a voice as I can manage. From what I'd heard of her kind, they weren't supposed to leave their kingdom, yet there she was.

"Your hair and eyes give you away."

"My, you're quite the smart girl, aren't ya?" Says the man behind her, he ducks, walks in, and I begin shrieking.

I jump over the table, and press my body as close to the wall furthest from the blue haired male. Tears are streaming down my face as my nails scratch against the wall. He looks shocked for a second, then starts looking around and moving as if he's drunk. Hiei, being the closest to me comes over resting a hand on my shoulder. He's trying to talk to me, but I can't hear him. My mind is flashing back to the Sad-eyed man.

"Momo, Shut up!" Shouts my grandmother. I quiet down immediately, and fall down onto my bottom upon the ground. My legs are pulled up against my chest and my eyes are pressed to my knees.

Everyone is looking at me again. I'm trembling, crying, I can't even breathe because of how fast the sobs are coming.

"Chu, what did you do to her?" Hiei asks calmly.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I've never seen her im my life" The man's voice is heavily accented. I had to think. Had that man spoken? No. He hadn't.

"H...He's.. That man.. My heart.." Hiei would know but Yoko wouldn't. How could he? All he'd seen was my head. I'm shivering, I feel much calmer, but I can't do anything. Hiei had caught what I'd meant. He asked the question that was an obvious thing that needed to be heard.

"Did you ever hunt a white, female neko?"

"Yeah. About twenty years ago. Why?" That was all he had to say. I knew it was him. It had to be. I had died almost exactly twenty years ago.

"What was that neko's name?" Hiei had hit the idea on his own, though I had no need to hear it. I knew exactly what it was going to be. He was going to say my old name. I would go into a mild form of shock. I would pass out. I wouldn't be able to do anything about it, because in a way I was thankful, and in others I hated his guts more than anything.

"I believe the local's called her, Moritomo." He said it plain and simply. Not even a trace of remorse. "I felt bad about having to kill her. The group had been extremely cruel. Cutting her ears off was way to cold."

That was it. I knew it was him. I fell over, unconscious. Tears were falling down my cheeks and anything I heard was white noise, though I could make out the sound of Yoko jumping at the man and hitting him.
♠ ♠ ♠
>> I did say that I only owned that man for then. I turned him into Chu! BUAHAHAHAHAAA! o3o But seriously, I only own Momo. Poor girl. Having her past shoved in her face like that.